Author Topic: Airports Disappeared and Addon Manager Not Listed  (Read 10907 times)

kevchris

Airports Disappeared and Addon Manager Not Listed
« on: December 11, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »
I own most of the FSDT airports and today I ran into a strange problem.  I noticed it while landing and taxiing in at KLAS.  The terminal buildings were gone, however the jetways were present.  I searched the FSDT for information and a solution, and saw the article regarding antivirus.  I am not running antivirus.  My computer is a recently built FSX only machine.  Anyway, I re-installed KLAS and also the Addon Manager.  I note the comments that the Addon manager should appear in the FSX menu under "Addons".   It does not.  Only FSUIPC and Ultimate Traffic 2 appears.  First question:  If the Addon Manager has been installed, shouldn't it appear on the list under Addons in the main FSX menu?  If is does not, what may be wrong? 

Any suggestions?   I went to KDFW and also notice that now that airport is missing also.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airports Disappeared and Addon Manager Not Listed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:00:12 pm »
Both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus should be visible. If you are *really* sure you don't have any antivirus, it's possible your Windows installation is missing some needed .dll files.

You can ty this to restore them:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the istances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

dracer33

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:00:29 am »
I have the same exact problem, I have tried the above fix, and tried to reinstall shutting down the antivirus, and ensuring the files that are supposed to be excluded are. This has only happened since adding the new addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:17:49 am »
Try to redownload and install a full installer for a scenery you own.

01pewterz28

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 06:26:14 pm »
I can confirm I am having this issue as well I did a flight from Vegas to Reno abd back to Vegas. When I departed McCarran all of the buildings were showing after I flew to Reno and then back I noticed no buildings just the jetways appeared. I noticed the same problem on Sunday when I flew LAX-LAS (buildings appeard in FSDT-LAX) when I landed at McCarran no buildings just jetways.

No antivirus installed I went ahead and re-downloaded KLAS re-installed it on Sunday and I tried the LAS-RNO-LAS flight last night no buildings. I have seen this before in Vegas I did flights from SFO, DEN, and ORD same result.

Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 08:19:16 pm »
When I departed McCarran all of the buildings were showing

This means your problem doesn't have anything to do with anything that it's being discussed here, which is the lack of Addon Manager and/or Couatl right from the start. If you saw buildings when FSX started, you surely also had both menus and programs working, otherwise you wouldn't see any buildings, right from the start.

after I flew to Reno and then back I noticed no buildings just the jetways appeared. I noticed the same problem on Sunday when I flew LAX-LAS (buildings appeard in FSDT-LAX) when I landed at McCarran no buildings just jetways.

Next time you start a flight at an FSDT airport and you HAD buildings at start, but they disappeared after a long flight, check if you still have both the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl menus in the Addons menu. And, check the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err

If you have that file, post its content here.

No Addon Manager or Couatl (or both) at start it's one thing, but one of them missing only after a long flight is entirely different, doesn't have anything to do with antivirus, etc, and requires entirely different troubleshooting steps so, it's important to be sure which case it's yours.

01pewterz28

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »
When I departed McCarran all of the buildings were showing

This means your problem doesn't have anything to do with anything that it's being discussed here, which is the lack of Addon Manager and/or Couatl right from the start. If you saw buildings when FSX started, you surely also had both menus and programs working, otherwise you wouldn't see any buildings, right from the start.

after I flew to Reno and then back I noticed no buildings just the jetways appeared. I noticed the same problem on Sunday when I flew LAX-LAS (buildings appeard in FSDT-LAX) when I landed at McCarran no buildings just jetways.

Next time you start a flight at an FSDT airport and you HAD buildings at start, but they disappeared after a long flight, check if you still have both the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl menus in the Addons menu. And, check the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err

If you have that file, post its content here.

No Addon Manager or Couatl (or both) at start it's one thing, but one of them missing only after a long flight is entirely different, doesn't have anything to do with antivirus, etc, and requires entirely different troubleshooting steps so, it's important to be sure which case it's yours.

Thanks I will check thise tomorrow evening when I fly another flight

airforce806

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:48 am »
Having the exact same issue however I do not have %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 01:48:36 pm »
Next time you start a flight at an FSDT airport and you HAD buildings at start, but they disappeared after a long flight, check if you still have both the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl menus in the Addons menu.

FSgurus

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 06:31:55 am »
I have the same exact problem also. Unfortunately I had to erase everything from my system to have a fresh start.ThereforeI do not have a key. This has happened to me multiple times. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 09:05:36 pm »
Unfortunately I had to erase everything from my system to have a fresh start.ThereforeI do not have a key.

From our FAQ page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

I have lost my Email receipt, how can I reactivate my product ?

You can go to Esellerate support site here:

http://store.esellerate.net/support

You can retrieve your Order History, by inserting the email you used to purchased the product, then press the "E-Mail Order History" button. Having your Order, will allow to use the server-assisted Reinstall. If you want to know your Serial Number, insert your Order Number and Email, then press the "Submit" button on the Esellerate support site: this will enter inside your Order Page, with option to see your original Email Receipt, that contains also your Serial Number.

avatorjb

Airports Disappeared and Addon Manager Not Listed
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 03:59:04 pm »
I have windows 7 and 4 profiles set up.  I downloaded and installed the add on for Maccaren on my profile as the administrator.

The building show up fine on mine (the administrator profile) and show the addon menu when I have the menu up, but the buildings and addon menu will not show up on the other profiles unless I start and run FSX as the administrator.  Running the program as administrator works fine.

Is there anyway to get the program to work on the other profiles so I don't have to give the password out so my son can run the program on his profile.