Author Topic: O'Hare Update 2.0 - new runway 9L/27R  (Read 48306 times)

milomiami

Re: O'Hare Update 2.0 - new runway 9L/27R
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2011, 12:38:37 pm »
After installing 2.0 I have no one gate in the scenery.....all other textures including the terminals are fine, the new runway is fine bu no gates at the terminals are shown...

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2011, 12:55:54 pm »
After installing 2.0 I have no one gate in the scenery.....all other textures including the terminals are fine, the new runway is fine bu no gates at the terminals are shown...

Yes I agree.. We need Gate no. and size of the gate  ;) otherwise it's fine.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2011, 05:10:26 pm »
Umberto, can you please update the afcad for KORD v.2? the gates/ramps is totally a mess  :(

Comments like this are not really useful. What do you mean with "a mess" ?

The AFCAD is correct, gate/ramps as usual are all flagged as GA to get rid of the default service vehicles. If, instead, with "a mess", you are referring to the airline codes, they haven't been changed since the previous version.

milomiami

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 06:58:42 pm »
For no missunderstanding: I see no gates at ORD, they are not present at the terminals.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2011, 08:10:16 pm »
For no missunderstanding: I see no gates at ORD, they are not present at the terminals.....

Not very clear either, what do you mean with "gates" ? The parking type assignment in the Airport menu, or the *jetways* ? If you are referring to the jetways, if they are missing it's likely be a problem with another product that is excluding them. Are you using AES ?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2011, 09:24:43 pm »
Umberto, can you please update the afcad for KORD v.2? the gates/ramps is totally a mess  :(

The AFCAD is correct, gate/ramps as usual are all flagged as GA to get rid of the default service vehicles. If, instead, with "a mess", you are referring to the airline codes, they haven't been changed since the previous version.
Think he was referring to the fact that all the gates are listed as parking, so there's no way to tell if the gate is a heavy gate, medium, stuff like that. I did make modifications to the AFCAD file to fix that, and he was asking if I could send it. I don't know if you want me to post it for people who wish to have such a setup rather than every gate being listed as ramp.

I'm also noticing, and this is possibly related to the AI aircraft radius, but American MD-80s weren't able to fit at the K or L gates, so they all migrated to the B gates at the United terminal. I edited the K and L gate radiuses as well to be able to accomodate the American MD-80s.
Captain Kevin

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »

Think he was referring to the fact that all the gates are listed as parking, so there's no way to tell if the gate is a heavy gate, medium, stuff like that. I did make modifications to the AFCAD file to fix that, and he was asking if I could send it. I don't know if you want me to post it for people who wish to have such a setup rather than every gate being listed as ramp.

I'm also noticing, and this is possibly related to the AI aircraft radius, but American MD-80s weren't able to fit at the K or L gates, so they all migrated to the B gates at the United terminal. I edited the K and L gate radiuses as well to be able to accomodate the American MD-80s.

Yes spot on... and sorry Umberto for the "mess" but the gates only say ramp or parking.  :( It wasn't meant as a critic to your work. But is important for me see what kind of gate I'm parked at. SMALL/MEDIUM/HEAVY.
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

milomiami

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2011, 12:17:42 pm »
Yes, I meant the jetways and yes I use AES

JohnC12

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 04:24:45 pm »
Yes, I meant the jetways and yes I use AES

Milomiami- I had the same problem after the update.  Go into AES and reactivate KORD, restart FSX and you're good to go. 

FSDT... AWESOME job on the updates!! Unlike before the update, all sliders maxed out and I'm pegged at my set 30 FPS!!  Nice job!!!

milomiami

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 06:13:44 pm »
Thaaaank you John :-))

regards Michael

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 06:51:22 pm »
Any news regarding the afcad issue?  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »

What issue ? It was already explained: the parking are flagged as such to remove the default FSX vehicles which would otherwise conflict with the custom ones.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 07:56:03 pm »
 >:( There is a issue... We miss what kind of gate we are parked at. SMALL/MEDIUM or HEAVY. Never mind we will wait for someone else how will modifies it. 

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 02:24:44 am »
What issue ? It was already explained: the parking are flagged as such to remove the default FSX vehicles which would otherwise conflict with the custom ones.
Understand. The next question then is, how do we then know which gates are properly sized for what aircraft. I loaded up a flight in the Boeing 757-200, picked a gate without knowing its size, and wasn't too thrilled to discover that I had a catering truck stuck in my left wing or a tug stuck in my nose gear the second the flight fully loaded.

Also, what about FS2004 users.

One final question. I did make modifications to the AFCAD file, so that it would list the gate type. I would like to know if I am allowed to post it in the event that users such as the above poster wish to utilize the gate type format instead of the ramp type format. I am fully aware that FSDreamteam will not support this modification.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 10:03:20 am »
Understand. The next question then is, how do we then know which gates are properly sized for what aircraft.

You might open it with ADE, select the Parkings list, and possibly print it, since it gives you the exact parking size, which is more precise than a generic small/medium/large indication anyway.