Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814465 times)

syn

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #1350 on: December 16, 2015, 05:11:36 pm »
Found the issue with the negative WOD.

I had selected real weather previously, however wind at current location (open seas) was 1kt as reported by Shift+Z. vLSO showed negative WOD as in my previous picture.

I selected clear skies theme and it went back to normal.

Probably SimConnect was reporting the closest station weather or something, that was not being applied by FSX at current location because of the lack of nearby stations?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1351 on: December 16, 2015, 06:25:06 pm »
syn,
Current version of vLSO uses SimConnct WeatherRequestInterpolatedObservation calls.This function is 'Used to send a request for weather data that is interpolated from the weather at the nearest weather stations'. Most likely your assumption is correct - in some (I hope rare) occurences FSX incorrectly interpolates the weather stations that are too far apart because of blue water ops, for example. Can you specify your open seas location so I could try to replicate this problem?

And thanks for reporting this glitch!
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1352 on: December 17, 2015, 07:19:12 am »
Out on teh Deep Blue Sea... ;D
Great times. Cyclic ops is rough though...
Pat☺

syn

« Reply #1353 on: December 19, 2015, 02:06:43 am »
Paddles, I shared my situation files here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f54j6icv686snxn/t45.rar?dl=0

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1354 on: December 19, 2015, 03:19:40 pm »
syn, you have a keen eye on detail!

Loaded your flight, spawned the boat 1 mile ahead (via AIcarrier) and here's what I've got:

FSX reports calm weather at the point, i.e. no winds. However, SimConnect reports actual wind of 0.9kts from 93.79 which with the carrier's deck heading of 293.03 results in -0.9 WOD (which is geometrically correct with the given numbers). If the wind was exactly 0 then WOD would be 0, too. By the way, when the boat steams forward, the WOD displays positive numbers, as expected.

So, I've just added rounding of the wind speed and now the WOD is zero, as it should!

Resume. In such rare occurrences (calm weather and a stationary carrier) vLSO may give some unexpected results. The rounding seems to fix the problem, so it will be implemented in all future vLSO versions. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:22:18 pm by Paddles »

syn

« Reply #1355 on: December 20, 2015, 07:05:32 pm »
Thanks Paddles, I'm glad I could help you locate a glitch! But to be honest my situation was a little bit more extreme  :D

I have a few of those on different sessions, spawning the carrier via TP on the starting position/heading. If I check TIG vs stopwatch symbol distance on them I get an average overtake of 95-100kt, that is concordant with an approach speed of ~125KIAS + ~30KT WOD. However as you see, in this pic it shows -27KT.

I am busy the next few days but I will try later this week if I can reproduce it consistently.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:07:13 pm by syn »

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #1356 on: February 07, 2016, 07:33:12 pm »
Hey Paddles, is there any chance you could add support for the RFN Creations Charles de Gaulle carrier in the next vLSO version?

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Creations.htm

It requires some weird extra gauges to get the ball working but the model is simply too stunning to exclude IMHO  :)
Pops

pyroperson87

« Reply #1357 on: February 07, 2016, 07:36:58 pm »
By the way...this video is why I'm interested in having vLSO support for the CDG. A USN squadron (VFA-94) trapping in a French boat!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:19:17 pm by pyroperson87 »
Pops

Tregarth

« Reply #1358 on: February 08, 2016, 10:52:13 pm »
Pyroperson,

This is not really part of this topic but what do you find weird about the RFN gauge?  I find it a remarkably useful combined ADF and ILS; I use it in a Fairey Swordfish at El Centro and a Blackburn Buccaneer on the Nimitz.

I have posted an answer in "Tacan Frequency Questions" in this forum which you might find helpful.

Cheers,

Tregarth

pyroperson87

« Reply #1359 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:15 am »
Well maybe weird wasn't the right word. I just wish they had built the IFLOLS into the model like with Javiers Nimitz. Then I could add the needles and TCN via Tacpack without any extra gauges to deal with.
Pops

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1360 on: February 10, 2016, 04:40:23 am »
is there any chance you could add support for the RFN Creations Charles de Gaulle carrier in the next vLSO version?
No chance I'm afraid.  :( Two reasons: 1) the RFN CDG model doesn't use FSX default OLS and 2) their current OLS is a gauge attached to the user's aircraft panel and currently my program can't communicate with panel's variables (so-called L: vars, wich control the ball and cut/waveoff lights of their OLS).

pyroperson87

« Reply #1361 on: February 10, 2016, 05:23:01 pm »
Bummer.  :(
Pops

ESzczesniak

« Reply #1362 on: March 18, 2016, 12:40:02 am »
I am having some problems using vLSO with the Aerosoft CV-63 Kitty Hawk (from the new F-14X Extended release).  At the start of the flight I get a message "The CV63 support disabled (no FLOLS gauge installed)".  Following this, I get the normal BRC and altimeter readings from vLSO.  Can elaborate on what this message means and how to address. 

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1363 on: March 18, 2016, 08:56:44 am »
ESzczesniak,
This message means that your aircraft doesn't have the FLOLS_CV63 gauge installed (or it was improperly installed). This gauge is required, because Aerosoft have implemented the real 3.5 degrees glideslope on their CV63 model, and without it you won't be able to see the meatball. That's why vLSO checks your aircraft's panel config to make sure this gauge is installed.

Please read the Aerosoft Vol 7 - Carrier Operations.pdf manual on how to install the gauge. However, people sometimes experience problems like this with it.

Hope this helps.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #1364 on: March 18, 2016, 10:32:26 pm »
ESzczesniak,
This message means that your aircraft doesn't have the FLOLS_CV63 gauge installed (or it was improperly installed). This gauge is required, because Aerosoft have implemented the real 3.5 degrees glideslope on their CV63 model, and without it you won't be able to see the meatball. That's why vLSO checks your aircraft's panel config to make sure this gauge is installed.

Please read the Aerosoft Vol 7 - Carrier Operations.pdf manual on how to install the gauge. However, people sometimes experience problems like this with it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the feedback.  I had a brief thought that might be the case, but I was using the Aerosoft F-14X so I thought no way is that the problem.  It seems that if I install it in any aircraft by their instructions, I get the same message.  I'm thinking there must be an error I'm making.