Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 814442 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #1320 on: July 14, 2015, 08:48:49 pm »
Pat,
According to what I can see on the screenshot, there's something wrong with your scenery textures.

Each FCLP scenery folder (as any other scenery) has its own Texture subfolder, where textures (usually .DDS files) for any custom objects reside - IFLOLS, LSO shack, carrier box paint, X marks etc. If you disable such scenery (in the Scenery Library), all its files and subfolders still remain intact, but FSX won't load them anymore neither show any custom objects. You can only safely remove the entire scenery folder if this scenery is uninstalled via the Scenery Library.

I can see that LSO shack, IFLOLS and carrier boxes are still present there in the scenery, but all painted in black, which means that this scenery is active and FSX loads custom objects, but fails to load their textures. I can suggest you to check the Texture folder and make sure all the needed textures are there.
Or simply uninstall the scenery, completely remove its folder and then reinstall it from scratch.  ;)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1321 on: July 14, 2015, 10:50:54 pm »
Ok, thank you very much, Paddles!
I will totally uninstall/reinstall both sceneries, along with all the others I am not using. I fear there may well be an interference with another scenery perhaps. I will go through the Scenery Library and totally uninstall rather than just uncheck, all the unused scenery folders.
Thanks very much for the advice. I don't know why I was just unchecking, when in FS9, which I have used since '04, I always uninstall from the Library entirely, then remove the folders to a back-up folder.
I'm off to clear my Library! Thanks again. I'll get this FSX-SE down eventually. I picked it up in January, so it's still a bit new to me, and some of the details of How-to and What-to, etc, are different than FS9, so...I learn as I go! That's why I tend to ask a lot of questions. It's the best way I know of to learn more rapidly :D
Pat☺

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #1322 on: July 15, 2015, 10:12:52 am »
SHB and a GREENIE BOARD:

The Ultimate Carrier Break: Nasty SHB http://fightersweep.com/837/the-ultimate-carrier-break/

"...Later the LSOs came by to debrief the passes. Mine was spot on, “High fast start, high in the middle, not enough power on comedown in close, low at the ramp. No grade.” I had nothing to say about the pass, but “What about the upgrade for breaking the deck?” They all laughed as they walked out of the Ready Room, “That was an upgrade!”

Ah well, any landing you can walk away from…"
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1323 on: July 15, 2015, 08:59:55 pm »
Grumpy, heartless, grumbly, mean-spirited, nasty, cruel, cold-hearted men LSO's!
But they are there when ya need them! :D

Pat☺

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1324 on: July 19, 2015, 12:23:43 am »
Just an update: Using the FCLP Pack 2, I managed, over the last few days, to get in about 40 bounces at KNRA (Coupeville, near NAS Whidbey Island. I love the local scenery :D ), and the last 3 were what I call decent. Not great, but decent. When I think I'm good enough, I'll turn vLSO on, and maybe post the results :) Say another week, maybe   ::)
Then...Off to the Boat!
Thanks very much to all the help and advice y'all have been so very kind to provide. It's been a huge help!
Pat☺

whiteside

« Reply #1325 on: July 27, 2015, 03:04:05 am »
Paddles, I don't seem to get any audio from the LSO with the latest version and P3Dv2. I'm seeing the text but no audio. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Will

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1326 on: July 27, 2015, 05:15:21 am »
Answered on my blog.
Are you using P3D 2.5, btw?

whiteside

« Reply #1327 on: July 27, 2015, 05:27:53 am »
OK thanks, I'll go look there again. Didnt see it earlier.
Yes to P3D2.5.
I'm not finding any info on that Paddles Sir.
Please advise.
I love this program!
:)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:32:39 am by whiteside »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1328 on: July 27, 2015, 05:51:22 am »
Apparently, I tend to be a bit slower than I thought. I just went to your blog and tried to download v0.8.2.11, but I got a message that the file has a virus and it won't let me download. Says only the owner can DL a file with a known virus in it.
Am I doing something wrong here? If not, is there going to be a v0.8.2.12 soon? I am currently using v0.8.2.8, by the bye, although I still say the LSO's are some heartless sons-uv-guns :D
Pat☺

whiteside

« Reply #1329 on: July 27, 2015, 05:58:54 am »
Its very odd. I can hear the girl (Mother Controller) and the Ship saying Case 3 Launch/recoveries but not the LSO although the text comes up. Any thoughts?
Thank you.
Will

whiteside

« Reply #1330 on: July 27, 2015, 06:40:16 am »
TOTAL REINSTALL WORKED!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1331 on: July 27, 2015, 06:43:25 am »
...tried to download v0.8.2.11, but I got a message that the file has a virus and it won't let me download.
Strange, got the same virus warning...  :o
Anyways, I've uploaded a full 0.8.2.11 package, please re-download it. Then run through your settings and change the default ones (bundled with the zip) as required.

Its very odd. I can hear the girl (Mother Controller) and the Ship saying Case 3 Launch/recoveries but not the LSO although the text comes up. Any thoughts?
My only guess here is that your LSO level is probably 'CAG' (only Imperative calls)?

whiteside

« Reply #1332 on: July 27, 2015, 07:24:08 am »
Thanks for all of your hard work!

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1333 on: July 27, 2015, 09:04:08 pm »
Anyways, I've uploaded a full 0.8.2.11 package, please re-download it. Then run through your settings and change the default ones (bundled with the zip) as required.

Thank you very much, Sir! Appreciate the help :)
Pat☺

Fryman

« Reply #1334 on: July 31, 2015, 03:22:33 am »
Have you had any problems with windows 10 upgrades?