Author Topic: Another one with the buildings problem!!  (Read 13997 times)

Harpic

Another one with the buildings problem!!
« on: September 05, 2011, 02:21:32 pm »
Hello,

I have the "famous" problem with the buildings not visible at Zurich airport. I have read some posts about this problem, and I still haven´t found a solution for it.

First of all, I have tried the following things:

1) My antivirus is disabled and excluded from scanning my fsx installation directory.

2) Both "Addon Manager" and "Coutl Engine" are working perfectly, and are visible in the menu toolbar.

3) I am using the last version of Zurich and the Addon Manager.

4) I have tried to reinstall both Zurich and the Addon Manager following the steps commented in this post, without success:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4650.0

5) I have tried the "Airports Scanner" utility for posible AFCAD conflicts with other addons, and after deleting three AFCAD files from TrafficX, now I don't have any conflict with the LSZH airport.

6) I have the Switzerland Professional X addon, and Zurich airport is above in the scenery library.

7) I have tried disabling the Switzerland addon in the scenery library, without success.

Definitively I don't know how to resolve this problem. I have other sceneries from FSDreamTeam and all of them work perfectly. When loading Zurich airport I get the following (only gates and AI traffic):

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5818/2011951495039.jpg

The couatl.log file shows this information:

couatl v2.0 (build 2148)
log started on Mon Sep 05 13:43:53 2011

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
bglmanx list contains 14 AddOn(s)
Loading addon ZurichX
Addon ZurichX loaded
Loading addon OHareX
Addon OHareX loaded
Loading addon JFK
Addon JFK not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon XPOI
Addon XPOI loaded
Loading addon ParkMe
Addon ParkMe loaded
Loading addon LSGG
Addon LSGG loaded
Loading addon KLAS
Addon KLAS not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KFLL
Addon KFLL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon PHNL
Addon PHNL loaded
Loading addon KDFW
Addon KDFW not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII1
Addon HAWAII1 loaded
Loading addon HAWAII2
Addon HAWAII2 loaded
Loading addon ENBR
Addon ENBR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KSFO
Addon KSFO loaded
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\Aerosoft American Aerolites Falcon
SharedMemInterface connected
Entering ParkMe area Zurich Kloten Airport
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_TME'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_TMA'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_TMB'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_TMCTR'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_hg_n'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_hg_s'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_ca_1'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_ca_2'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_ca_3'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_tmctr_1'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_GRMT'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_statctr'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_hg_s_1'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'lszh_ed_hg_s_2'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_PMP'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_TWR'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_EDS'
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_TSTMTR'

Any idea about the problem, and how to resolve it?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:28:20 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another one with the buildings problem!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 02:32:39 pm »
I have the "famous" problem with the buildings not visible at Zurich airport. I have read some posts about this problem, and I still haven´t found a solution for it.

The solution it's always the same: be SURE you are using the current installers.

Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'LSZH_ED_TME'

This shows you are not using the current version of the files. Or, you installed the temporary fix that was posted for the OLD Zurich version, this is NOT needed anymore and in fact, if you use it, it won't work and it will give exactly that error.

Do the following, to the letter, don't skip any step, don't replace files manually.

- Uninstall Zurich and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?".

- After uninstalling the scenery, check you don't have any folders left here:

YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\ZurichX
YourFSXFolder\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_ZurichX

If you still have those folders or files inside, remove them manually before reinstalling.

- Reinstall Zurich 2.0 and don't apply any manual fix.

- Download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX AFTER having all the sceneries installed.

This has fixed the problem for all the had it before, as can be seen in those two threads:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4639.0
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4512.0

Harpic

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:06:08 pm »
Thanks for your fast response.

Yesterday I tried that solution, without success. I did the following steps:

1) Uninstall Zurich airport, Addon Manager and Couatl Engine

2) No more entries in:
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\ZurichX
YourFSXFolder\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_ZurichX

3) Download the last version of Zurich and Addon Manager

4) Install Zurich

5) Install Addon Manager

6) Run FSX, without success

Maybe I need to uninstall all FSDreamTeam products and reinstall all. It could help in this situation?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:10:18 pm by Harpic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:17:24 pm »
Maybe I need to uninstall all FSDreamTeam products and reinstall all. It could help in this situation?

Unless you have issues with the other product (which, from you last message, you don't seem to have), do only what I've said, in exactly the same sequence and this will work, as indicated in the other two threads that fixed this issue by following exactly these steps.

You must have missed something because, your error log clearly indicates you are running an old version or Zurich OR you manually replaced the .pye file which was posted here, that shouldn't be used with Zurich 2.0, it was only meant for users with the previous version using Flightbeam KSFO.

Harpic

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 04:25:01 pm »
Could you confirm the following?

The last version of Zurich is 2.0.1
The last version of Addon Manager is 2.8.0.5

And, is posible that other addon is causing the problem, like Flightbeam KSFO? I am using the 2.0.1 version of FB KSFO.

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:31:16 pm by Harpic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 04:38:39 pm »
The last version of Addon Manager is 2.8.0.5

No, it's 2.8.0.6. Try to clear your browser cache and download it again.

And, is posible that other addon is causing the problem, like Flightbeam KSFO? I am using the 2.0.1 version of FB KSFO

No, unless you reinstalled it after Zurich 2.0 or after the Addon Manager. If you install the Addon Manager as last, it will surely update everything that needs updating, at least for everything related to problems with missing buildings.

Harpic

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 05:12:30 pm »
I always use Firefox, but now I have downloaded the file with Internet Explorer and have the 2.8.0.6 version of Addon Manager  ;)

Can I install it over the 2.8.0.5 version or I prior need to uninstall the old version?

Thanks

Harpic

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 06:12:53 pm »
I have update the Addon Manager to 2.8.0.6 version and now Zurich works perfectly!!

Thanks you very much for your support, and please, continue doing so amazing addons  ;D

Scorpio47

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 05:05:06 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I did not start a new thread, but rather added to this one....

I have installed FSX on a new PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and treid to get Zurich 2.0.1 to run properly (as well as the new KLAX scenery).

However, I keep getting the famous error of most people here - no buildings!

I have done ALL steps that you suggested, but nothing helps.

There is no mention of the AddOn Manager or of Couatl in the addon menu, I have never been asked for my registration key either..

Would you be so kind and try to help me out? I do not know what else I could do to get the sceneries to run as they do on my old PC.

BTW, I am using Avast Internet Security but have all checking switched OFF (and I have added the two locations you mentioned to the exceptions). However after at least deinstalling and reinstalling Zurich and the latest Virtuali Manager 6 times it still is not working.

Thank you for your patience and help!

Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »
There is no mention of the AddOn Manager or of Couatl in the addon menu, I have never been asked for my registration key either..

Well, of course if those programs are not running, nothing will work.

Pay specific attention to this steps:

- Uninstall Zurich and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?"

When you Reinstall the scenery, are you getting a request to trust the two modules ?

Scorpio47

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 05:37:11 pm »
Thank you for your quick reaction, Umberto!

Yes, I have answered YES in all cases and I did not find any traces after the deinstallation.

But, NO, I have not got the request to trust both modules. I get nothing that requires my intervention...
The only request I receive is to give my administrator password, then the installers run all by themselves without errors.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 05:46:15 pm »
The only request I receive is to give my administrator password, then the installers run all by themselves without errors.

Sorry, I didn't mean during the installer but, do you get a request to trust the two modules when you launch FSX the first time after a clean reinstall ?

Scorpio47

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 05:51:11 pm »
NO, nothing like that...

FSX loads as before, but the sceneries were installed, only without buildings.

The only files I have found which were installed in the main FSX directory are the bglmanx*.xyz files, the couatl directory with files and a directory dealing with gates.... No files were added in the modules directory I think....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:56:07 pm by Scorpio47 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 06:03:53 pm »
The files are installed in the correct folder, which is the FSX root. The "modules" folder under FSX is not a special location like it used to be in FS9, in FSX modules can be installed in any path, it's just that FSUIPC creates that folder for itself...

However, the problem is you are not being asked permission to run the newly installed modules, which should happen if you uninstall entirely ( which means you replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?" ).

So, if you are really sure you replied YES to the above questions when uninstalling, this leaves with those options:

- Your antivirus is still blocking the programs, please refer to the previous discussions how to install with the antivirus off and how to configure it before turning it back on.

- You might inadvertently un-trusted "Virtuali" on your system so, anything signed by us will be automatically refused to run.

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Authors" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Scorpio47

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 06:17:36 pm »
Yes, I am sure that all request to deinstall the couatl engine and the addon manager were answered with YES, so were all following warnings that nothing would work if I said yes...
Do you think there could be a glitch in my registry or fsx.cfg ???

I have also verified the internet options and virtuali is not listed under trusted or untrusted publishers here.

I shall try again with the antivirus program fully deactivated (I´ll rename the directory so that it cannot be found....) as this seems to be the only option left

Should I also rename my fsx.cfg file to see what happens?

Thank you for your quick reactions, Umberto! You are an angel... ;)

P.S.
Of course I could not rename the directory, stupid me.
I looked into my fsx-cfg file and there is no trace of Zurich or couatl.exe in the "trusted" section. So I assume the program is never started by FSX...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:28:17 pm by Scorpio47 »