Author Topic: Ok I give up- how do you successfully install your scenery?  (Read 5574 times)

rayh

Ok I give up- how do you successfully install your scenery?
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:47:53 pm »
Hello,

Having read thru all the support forum listings related to no terminal buildings and other possibly related problems and possible solutions I have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to install Zurich 2.0. Still no terminals. I do get the Jetways and do get UT2 traffic at the gates. When I run %Appdata%  and look for your directories they are not there.
I do not have AES
I do have PNW Orbx sceneries active - should I disable this before doing the install?

I am running windows 7 64bit Home edition and have reverted to Nvidia drivers 270.61.
I have disabled Microsoft security essentials and DEP and rebooted. (As uncomfortable as I felt about doing this, I thought it necessary to troubleshoot) - still nothing.

I have uninstalled all references to the add on files directories as per your recommendations.

The reason I wanted to look at Zurich was that I was interested in purchasing KLAX when it arrives and wanted to see just how good your product was/is.

Well so far I am afraid that idea still stands unfulfilled.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:28:54 am by rayh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ok I give up- how do you successfully install your scenery?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 08:54:26 am »
The usual question: do you see BOTH the Addon Manager  AND the Couatl powered menus ?

If no, then it's the usual problem caused by antivirus, which is always fixed by following this procedure to the letter:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

If, instead, you have BOTH menus, the problem has been probably caused by the fact you changed some files manually, which is not needed anymore (the file posted on the forum was for the *old* Zurich, to work with KSFO)

In this case, do the following:

- Uninstall Zurich and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?".

- Reinstall Zurich 2.0 and don't apply any manual fix.

- After uninstalling the scenery, check you don't have any folders left here:

YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\ZurichX
YourFSXFolder\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_ZurichX

If you still have those folders or files inside, remove them manually before reinstalling.

- Download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX AFTER having all the sceneries installed.

This has fixed the problem for all the had it before, as can be seen in those two threads:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4639.0
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4512.0

rayh

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:56:29 pm »
Yes, thanks for your reply.

There must be something seriously wrong with my system as I have tried the steps you have described multiple times
with no satisfactory result .

Thanks anyway

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:00:01 pm »
There must be something seriously wrong with my system as I have tried the steps you have described multiple times with no satisfactory result .

Surely yes. In any case, if you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus visible, at least you can be sure the software IS running correctly so, it's nothing related to the antivirus or anything like that because, if the modules weren't running, there would be no menus at all and of course, if you had other FSDT sceneries installed, none of them would work either.

If it's just Zurich not working, and both menus are visible, then it's surely a trivial issue, of not having all the latest files updated, that is only possible if you missed a step of the suggested procedure somehow, or you are using outdated installers. If you are not sure you are using updated installers (for Zurich and the Addon Manager), download them again.

rayh

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 12:06:47 am »
This is the thing.
Your Addon manager nor Couatl menus are never visible !! So this means your software is not running ?? Something is stopping it from launching and I have no idea what.
(I did delete my FSX.CFG file as a possible cause without success).
There are there in the FSX directory under the FSdreamteam folder - but no extra menu options when you launch FSX
I do not have a registered version of FUISPC - just the free one
I have UT2 - that shows
I have Captain Sim - that shows

As for Zurich. I thought the same thing so downloaded the Honolulu airport scenery.
I should advise I do have Megascenery for this island.

Same result - no terminals - just black ground outlines with Jetways and UT2 aircraft (presumably because your software is not running).

What would stop the software from executing??

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:09:19 am by rayh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 10:27:05 am »
Your Addon manager nor Couatl menus are never visible !! So this means your software is not running ?? Something is stopping it from launching and I have no idea what.

You should have said that before. However, I'm sorry, but the only thing that can stop Couatl from running, it's the antivirus, which seems strange, because you said you use the MS Security Essentials, which doesn't have any problems with it and doesn't require any special configuration. Do you have *another* security software installed, like an anti-spyware or similar ? If yes, maybe *that* one is interfering.

After Uninstalling and replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?", and then reinstalling, are you getting the permission request to run BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl scripting engine ? Do you reply YES to BOTH ?

rayh

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 06:22:00 am »
Yes, I had disabled real time protection of the Microsoft Security essentials and rebooted. I do not believe I have any other anti virus running and certainly in my startup log, nothing exists that could possibly be a culprit as far as I am aware.
This is all that is required right? or is there another step I am missing?

I admit I have tried to optimize Windows 7 and FSX and looked at freeware 3rd party add-ons over the past 18 months. I have tried so many extra's that I tended to loose control of what is installed and what is not - but I doubt any of them are Anti virus related.

Umberto, I do appreciate you trying to help me solve this issue, but I can see we are getting into an area here that is possibly outside of your mandate of assistance. After all I haven't bought anything off you yet and a promise to get KLAX means nothing in the short term. Still, thank you very much for your assistance so far