Author Topic: Work in Progress / 14  (Read 83325 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Work in Progress / 14
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 10:16:33 am »
Euh..i just thought about that yesterday,  Los Angeles KLAX possibly released in september 11th ?

Well, to it's seems a be a bit unsletting to choose that date, even assuming it's ready.

masondom

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 12:14:06 pm »
Yes, Umberto, of course you right, Los Angeles is not N-Y...

Thralni

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 12:49:06 pm »
@newmanix haha, yea Schipol is very confusing but now I'm in SEATAC awaiting flight for Osaka.

Is it that confusing? Of course, it's my home airport, so I won't have a problem with it. I always liked Schiphol best, as a passenger. Always feels homely, more so than many of the other airports I have been.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 03:21:03 pm »

N.Y or not... The release of KLAX would be a day of 'cheer' - so to speak! And quite frankly there's nothing to cheer about, with regards to 9/11.
I just don't think it would be appropriate in that regard...

Anyway... just my honest opinion.

Hoping for a release soon! :)
Best regards, Anders

pvupilot

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 03:44:35 pm »

N.Y or not... The release of KLAX would be a day of 'cheer' - so to speak! And quite frankly there's nothing to cheer about, with regards to 9/11.
I just don't think it would be appropriate in that regard...

Anyway... just my honest opinion.

Hoping for a release soon! :)

Very well put! That wouldn't be very fitting to release on that day. Don't know why you would hope for a release on that day either. A sim scenery should be the last thing on your mind on 9/11.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 02:14:00 pm »
A sim scenery should be the last thing on your mind on 9/11.

Why?  Observe a moment of silence around 9:00am when the strikes on the towers occured, then fire up the sim and go fly.  RW flying will continue on 9/11, no reason our virtual flying shouldn't.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 02:37:25 pm »
A sim scenery should be the last thing on your mind on 9/11.

Why?  Observe a moment of silence around 9:00am when the strikes on the towers occured, then fire up the sim and go fly.  RW flying will continue on 9/11, no reason our virtual flying shouldn't.

If we dont, then the terrorists win.  ;)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »
Continuing day to day operations as if 9/11 never happened will show them that the United States will not be brought to their knees.  If the country cowers and shuts down, the terrorists win.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

pvupilot

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 04:57:49 pm »
If the country cowers and shuts down, the terrorists win.

Being Military, I obviously have different feelings than you. It shouldn't be treated as "just another day" and where did you get shutting down the country out of not releasing a sim scenery on that day ??? I agree that daily operations should continue, but like what was stated earlier, why make it a day of celebration by releasing the scenery on that day? Just release it the day before or after, if ready. Oh and by the way, the United States was brought to its knees that day. Just my 2c

SirIsaac726

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 06:52:43 pm »
Tell me, do you all refrain from making a "happy purchase" on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor?  Is it a day to take some time and reflect on what happened and those that died?  Absolutely!  Is it a day to not go about your business?  Absolutely not.  Clearly the government also agrees or this day would be a federal holiday.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 07:54:07 pm »
Tell me, do you all refrain from making a "happy purchase" on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor?  Is it a day to take some time and reflect on what happened and those that died?  Absolutely!  Is it a day to not go about your business?  Absolutely not.  Clearly the government also agrees or this day would be a federal holiday.

I agree with that... BUT I don't feel it would be appropriate, to release a scenery BECAUSE it's 9/11 anniversary... There's no connection between a release of a scenery and 9/11! Therefore, I personally think, it would be inappropriate...

The idea was originally brought up, as a suggestion to release the scenery BECAUSE of that day. And that idea, is just distasteful IMO...
Best regards, Anders

pvupilot

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2011, 08:08:09 pm »
Tell me, do you all refrain from making a "happy purchase" on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor?  Is it a day to take some time and reflect on what happened and those that died?  Absolutely!  Is it a day to not go about your business?  Absolutely not.  Clearly the government also agrees or this day would be a federal holiday.

I agree with that... BUT I don't feel it would be appropriate, to release a scenery BECAUSE it's 9/11 anniversary... There's no connection between a release of a scenery and 9/11! Therefore, I personally think, it would be inappropriate...

The idea was originally brought up, as a suggestion to release the scenery BECAUSE of that day. And that idea, is just distasteful IMO...

Couldn't have said it any better!!

01pewterz28

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 09:15:01 pm »
I say release it when it's ready if that is 9/10-11, 9/11/11 or whenever while 9/11 is a day we morn those people we lost we cannot stop what we are doing planes continue to fly on 9/11, people move on we will never forget nut we must go on.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2011, 09:37:50 pm »

To that, I agree.  There is no reason to pick 9/11 as a date for release; essentially, if it is ready before 9/11, don't hold off on release just for 9/11.  As you said, there is no relation between 9/11 and a KLAX scenery.  That said, if it is ready to be released right on 9/11, then there is no reason to hold off just because it is 9/11.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2011, 09:55:39 pm »
It was a very horrible and tragic day for the United States on 9/11/01. However, The ground work was laid to fight back to find those who would do harm to the US and Allies AND most recent major victory, Osama Bin Laden was put down by our Special Warfare Forces. In all saying take a moment to reflect on the moment when the first World Trade Tower was hit this Sunday and afterwards go about your normal daily life.
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????