Author Topic: Work in Progress / 14  (Read 83416 times)

NZEddy

Re: Work in Progress / 14
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 12:40:11 pm »
P.S.
Before anyone asks, there's no "Work in Progress / 13", reasons for this should be fairly obvious

Is it bad that it's not obvious to me?   :-X
lol http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4590.0

Anders Bermann

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 01:30:27 pm »
P.S.
Before anyone asks, there's no "Work in Progress / 13", reasons for this should be fairly obvious

Is it bad that it's not obvious to me?   :-X
lol http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4590.0

I'm sorry, but I don't get it?! (or maybe I'm just tired...) ;)
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 01:33:32 pm »

We jumped from a Work in Progress 12 to a 14, for the same reason there are no hotels with a 13th floor...

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 07:44:20 am »

We jumped from a Work in Progress 12 to a 14, for the same reason there are no hotels with a 13th floor...

Ah ok I get it.  Although, someone wanting to commit suicide by jumping from the 14th floor may be a bit disappointed when he lands sooner than expected.  C'mon, you know what floor you're really jumping from....  :P
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

tompie

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 07:50:26 am »
and many an airline doesn't have a row 13 either ;)

tompie

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 09:53:53 am »
Ah ok I get it.  Although, someone wanting to commit suicide by jumping from the 14th floor may be a bit disappointed when he lands sooner than expected.  C'mon, you know what floor you're really jumping from....  :P

Funny you should say that. I saw a video years ago of two college kids bungee jumping off a building and they didn't account for the missing 13th floor, hence their cords were a floor too long. Both jump off the building in front of a crowd of fellow students and hit the ground face first killing both, probably instantly. They impacted so hard some of their teeth were found 10 feet away from their heads.

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 10:57:13 am »

Funny you should say that. I saw a video years ago of two college kids bungee jumping off a building and they didn't account for the missing 13th floor, hence their cords were a floor too long. Both jump off the building in front of a crowd of fellow students and hit the ground face first killing both, probably instantly. They impacted so hard some of their teeth were found 10 feet away from their heads.

Well honestly, that's their own stupidity..  Regardless of how many floors a building claims to have, that doesn't affect its actual height.  If I'm about to bungee off a building, I think I'd base my bungee chord off of the height of the building.....
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 04:57:42 pm »

max767

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 06:23:17 pm »
@newmanix, I'm currently in one of your favorite airports. Not Zurich but Schipol   :)

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 11:21:36 pm »
@newmanix, I'm currently in one of your favorite airports. Not Zurich but Schipol   :)

Ahh!!! I hate you MAX!!!! :D Don't get lost!!!!

Deltalpha

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 07:15:36 am »

Thanks. Now I have to go to sleep with that image in my head.

;D

masondom

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:26 am »
Great picture, thanks !

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 01:49:30 pm »
Be glad he didn't post the video...  :P
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

max767

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 08:13:01 pm »
@newmanix haha, yea Schipol is very confusing but now I'm in SEATAC awaiting flight for Osaka.

masondom

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 09:30:39 am »
Hi all

Euh..i just thought about that yesterday,  Los Angeles KLAX possibly released in september 11th ?
is this the idea ? Waht do you think ?
Dom