Author Topic: Afcad Problem, wrong aircraft placement.  (Read 35763 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: Afcad Problem, wrong aircraft placement.
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:13 am »
Hi

Tks. I am just using FS 9 for obvious reasons, like you said. You can´t have all the addons available (maybe in 1 year you will have them) and you need a new machine for all of this. There is no money for a new machine every year. LOL

harpsi

Michael_B767_ATP

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 10:20:35 am »
Hi Harpsi,

I just wanted to let you know I appreciate all the work you have done, and are doing to correct the AFCAD.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 10:26:07 am »
Hi Harpsi,

I just wanted to let you know I appreciate all the work you have done, and are doing to correct the AFCAD.

Tks. Do not thank only me. We are a team and Oliver and Alessandro are contributing also, and well, all the beta testers and users too, because I need your opinions and inputs. I was never in the USA so I can´t imagine what happens in KORD every day.  ;D

harpsi
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:29:04 am by harpsi »

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 11:12:51 am »
Hi again

Just for your attention, this is how I will restart working: I will check all the airline assignements, type of gate, parking radius for all gates, one by one, because the diamond technic is now done and the taxiways width is now changed for FS 9 users. After that I will see all your comments, and then, the last step will be to produce 3 different afcads, which will support almost 92,5 % of the traffic options at KORD. I will do plan-X, plan-B (can also used for IFR-2 configuration) and Plan-W.

So, please be ready for testing in some hours. :D

harpsi

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 12:43:30 pm »

Was that directed at me?

No.  ;D ;D ;D

harpsi

Mike...

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 01:05:44 pm »
 ::)

Tom C

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 05:04:41 pm »
Hi again

Just for your attention, this is how I will restart working: I will check all the airline assignements, type of gate, parking radius for all gates, one by one, because the diamond technic is now done and the taxiways width is now changed for FS 9 users. After that I will see all your comments, and then, the last step will be to produce 3 different afcads, which will support almost 92,5 % of the traffic options at KORD. I will do plan-X, plan-B (can also used for IFR-2 configuration) and Plan-W.

So, please be ready for testing in some hours. :D

harpsi
Give me a shout if you need some help on the parking assignments side of things and general testing.
Regards.

Tom C.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 06:07:39 pm »
Hi

Ok, guys. It is almost ready :D :D

Now, what I need to ask is where some cargo airlines are parked, except fedex and air france because we can see the buildings from those companies. All the others I don´t know so much... like ABX and so on.

Another thing is: I will make 3 afcads - Plan X, Plan B and Plan W (can be used with IFR-2 also). This one is Plan W, so you must set the winds for runways 22, 27, 28 and 32. I will make the other 2 when all the issues are sorted out, because I already have the configuration for them and it takes 30 minutes to do both two.

I will open a new topic for the new afcad and from now on, you will post there only, otherwise it is a big confusion with a lot of files and afcad topics.

I am playing now and testing. One of the big issues is the facr that United Airlines has not enough spots available so they are parking everywhere. That´s why I opened more 20 spots in the Northwest Area for UAL + ULAX.

harpsi
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:10:14 pm by harpsi »

b742f

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 06:27:33 pm »
can you put more spots in the maintenance areas? that way we can have united overflow park there. Also are there parking for usa3000 airlines? And a few more general aviation parking in the northeast ramp? Im not sure about cargo airlines except I know UPS parks in the southwest area, mainly from parking 12-16 and in the 21-24 area. Probably a lot more, too. I think most other cargo airlines share that area and a few contractors like polar and atlas air might park in the fedex area once in a while. I believe dhl (astar and abx air) park in the northeast general aviation area. Looking at google map you can see a few of their planes. Thats why it would be nice to have more cargo spots available.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 06:42:55 pm »
Hi

I added almost all spots available at those buildings on the east area, north to runway 09 R. I will place the airlines I have information. After the file is on the new topic, you can post there all the issues, after testing and then I can make the other two files.

harpsi

Tom C

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 07:35:47 pm »

Now, what I need to ask is where some cargo airlines are parked, except fedex and air france because we can see the buildings from those companies. All the others I don´t know so much... like ABX and so on.

Most, if not all cargo airlines park in the South Cargo ramps.
UPS, ABX, NCA, JAL, are definately in the southern one, and FedEx is in the northern one of them.
UPS taking the first 5 spots on the left as you taxi in.

Here's a few from airliners.nie of the area.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Martinair/McDonnell-Douglas-MD-11CF/0937179/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/American-Airlines/Boeing-757-.../1082935/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/-/-/0410894/L/

Regards.

Tom C.

Opa

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 08:39:14 pm »

In making tweaks to the afcad I hope the authors will not forget to address the problems of aircraft taxiing in being confronted with aircraft taxiing out - in which case neither will give way and they all just time out.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 11:36:07 pm »
Hi

Just one problem to solve: how to delete stock ILS? I need to rename ILS for one of the files, and FS doesn´t allow me to do that.

harpsi

Tom C

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2008, 01:16:56 am »
Hi

Just one problem to solve: how to delete stock ILS? I need to rename ILS for one of the files, and FS doesn´t allow me to do that.

harpsi
Have you asked Martin or George over at Fly Tampa.
Pretty sure they did the same on one of their packs.
Know you visited there a while back.
Regards.

Tom C.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2008, 01:47:32 am »
Hi

Please post in the item of "new afcad for kord". What they did with TNCM is something different. This is for crosswind technic. Is it one of the issues of the new package but I hope it has no influence on the traffic. Anyway, test the files and post there please.

harpsi