Author Topic: Work in Progress / 09  (Read 59254 times)

aircanadajet

Re: Work in Progress / 09
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 06:42:38 pm »
Okay this is amazing, BUT I am in the EU vacationing, and I am still visiting your website even though its 85 degrees outside in the mediterranean sea!!!!!!!!!! June has only 3 days left:(

Anders Bermann

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 06:45:52 pm »
Looking at the pictures, I seriously doubt, that it would be a june-release - or even in july? As someone in here mentioned before, there's still quite a bit to do - so IMHO I think august is looking more of a possibility...

Hang in there... it's gonna be awesome! :)
Best regards, Anders

masondom

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 08:10:10 pm »
aoaoh come on. YOu're just killing me.  no, no, better. I am going to kill myself !  ;)

Jeez, why not a release in september ?? If so, it will just take FSDT a year to finish this airport...

I don't understand anything anymore. And you (FSDT) have a full time working team ??

Dom
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:13:37 pm by masondom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:39 pm »
Jeez, why not a release in september ?? If so, it will just take FSDT a year to finish this airport... I don't understand anything anymore. And you (FSDT) have a full time working team ??

Yes, we have a full time working team, and it IS working full time on KLAX. The issue is, this scenery is really unique and the time taken to do it WILL SHOW instantly.  KDFW was ALREADY a top-notch scenery, which used solutions unequalled by anyone else, and gave extremely good performances and good looks too, for an airport of such size. We might have been satisfied with it, and just monetize the experience, by doing exactly the same at KLAX.

Instead, we raised the bar again by several notches, which means KLAX will made any other big airport scenery out there looking outdated, including KDFW. The screenshots posted don't give the faintest idea how much better the scenery is compared to the old generation, it's almost as if we have a new sim running, and it has to be seen live to realize this. And wait until you'll see the first night shot, because they are going to be like nothing else.

We are quite sure the quality gap is to be so large, than it's worth waiting, because everyone would want to have it once it's out.

We were discussing release dates because we initially planned to re-use some of the old 3d buildings (re-textured, of course) we made for the Cloud9 version, at least for the peripheral section of the airport (Cargo, etc.). We tried that and, decided to redo everything from scratch: the difference in quality of the new stuff was so large, than the old stuff throw in didn't really fit well. So, the whole scenery, down to the least significant small building, will be made with the same attention of the main terminals. This means release date will slip, but it's still something we anticipate to do this Summer.

Silverbird

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 09:42:10 pm »
Jeez, why not a release in september ?? If so, it will just take FSDT a year to finish this airport... I don't understand anything anymore. And you (FSDT) have a full time working team ??

Yes, we have a full time working team, and it IS working full time on KLAX. The issue is, this scenery is really unique and the time taken to do it WILL SHOW instantly.  KDFW was ALREADY a top-notch scenery, which used solutions unequalled by anyone else, and gave extremely good performances and good looks too, for an airport of such size. We might have been satisfied with it, and just monetize the experience, by doing exactly the same at KLAX.

Instead, we raised the bar again by several notches, which means KLAX will made any other big airport scenery out there looking outdated, including KDFW. The screenshots posted don't give the faintest idea how much better the scenery is compared to the old generation, it's almost as if we have a new sim running, and it has to be seen live to realize this. And wait until you'll see the first night shot, because they are going to be like nothing else.

We are quite sure the quality gap is to be so large, than it's worth waiting, because everyone would want to have it once it's out.

We were discussing release dates because we initially planned to re-use some of the old 3d buildings (re-textured, of course) we made for the Cloud9 version, at least for the peripheral section of the airport (Cargo, etc.). We tried that and, decided to redo everything from scratch: the difference in quality of the new stuff was so large, than the old stuff throw in didn't really fit well. So, the whole scenery, down to the least significant small building, will be made with the same attention of the main terminals. This means release date will slip, but it's still something we anticipate to do this Summer.

Thanks you Umberto its always very interesting when you speak about scenery development, I noticed the buildings in klax have bump mapping and the textures look amazing,  I'm very much looking forward to some of night shots when ever you guys have time. to me airports at night are tricky in the sense since working myself years ago as ramp personal myself, some airports at night are very very dark. so in fsx I feel developers have to play around with the lighting for it too look very good in the sim,  but lighting is very important to the atmosphere of the whole scenery and realism.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:47:55 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Rafal

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 09:47:46 pm »
KLAX will made any other big airport scenery out there looking outdated, including KDFW. The screenshots posted don't give the faintest idea how much better the scenery is compared to the old generation, it's almost as if we have a new sim running, and it has to be seen live to realize this. And wait until you'll see the first night shot, because they are going to be like nothing else

Umberto, you are killing me!

If it turns out to be true (which I am rather sure when the words come from you), I'm thrilled to think what to expect.
I am aware many of the mentioned jawdroppers will be for FSX only but I am 100% positive even the FS9 version is going to be smashing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:51:19 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 10:22:48 pm »

Yes, we have a full time working team, and it IS working full time on KLAX. The issue is, this scenery is really unique and the time taken to do it WILL SHOW instantly.  KDFW was ALREADY a top-notch scenery, which used solutions unequalled by anyone else, and gave extremely good performances and good looks too, for an airport of such size. We might have been satisfied with it, and just monetize the experience, by doing exactly the same at KLAX.

Its great that FSDT has been able to raise the bar on realism once again :)  There's nothing wrong with waiting a bit longer for a superior product. ;)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Anders Bermann

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 10:29:01 pm »

Yes, we have a full time working team, and it IS working full time on KLAX. The issue is, this scenery is really unique and the time taken to do it WILL SHOW instantly.  KDFW was ALREADY a top-notch scenery, which used solutions unequalled by anyone else, and gave extremely good performances and good looks too, for an airport of such size. We might have been satisfied with it, and just monetize the experience, by doing exactly the same at KLAX.

FSDreamTeam - you astound me!
Very interesting indeed! :)

Its great that FSDT has been able to raise the bar on realism once again :)  There's nothing wrong with waiting a bit longer for a superior product. ;)

Agreed!
Best regards, Anders

USAIRWAYS-KPIT

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 04:55:18 am »
Big question is.....Will there be an In-N-Out Burger Viewing area???

AA777-200ER

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2011, 06:28:31 am »
Good idea!

Big question is.....Will there be an In-N-Out Burger Viewing area???

Darryl

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »
Will there be an In-N-Out Burger Viewing area???

Is it within the airport perimeter?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Johan

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 04:14:12 pm »

It's about a couple of miles south of the airport...

Johan

AA777-200ER

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 05:19:30 pm »
No, within a couple hundred feet of the north runway approach. In fact the approach lights are located 20-30 feet outside the park boundaries.

It's about a couple of miles south of the airport...

Johan

From a guy that photographs airplanes there on a regular basis...Darryl
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:23:18 pm by AA777-200ER »

theshack440

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011, 12:06:42 am »
Umberto, that is amazing.  :o :o

Thanks for the update. I look forward to being blown away.

VERY excited for KLAX.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 04:16:11 am »
Umberto, do you need close up shots of this building? I notice you left it out. Also let me know if you need closeups of the TSA baggage screening tower on the north side of TBIT.

EDIT: Took this with my iPhone this morning. Hope it helps. Also note the surrounding area.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:50:44 am by newmanix »