Author Topic: Work in Progress / 09  (Read 59914 times)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
Re: Work in Progress / 09
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 02:22:26 pm »
I'm lovin it :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Dimon

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 02:46:35 pm »
Umberto, could you please shed some light on TBIT? Will it be modeled in its current shape or with future expansion buildings?

It wil be done as it's expected to be at the end of 2012, with the whole west section completed.

Aaaaaahhhh!!!!!....Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 04:05:53 pm »
WOW!!!

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 04:58:00 pm »
Is it just me, or is the area, west of the terminals a little sparse/empty? ???
(the area in question, is visible in pic #04)

That area it's not done yet. The scenery will include every building inside the airport perimeter, but when it's released, and it hasn't, yet.

Indeed. Still a long way to go yet. For those who dont know LAX: The project still needs the the Imperial Cargo Complex. The entire east cargo section yet to be completed. The Century Bvld. Cargo buildings and fire house. The UA and old DL hangar area & gates. The midfield hangars, AA,CO,FX, fuel tank area, Coast Guard, Flying Tigers (LAWA) building, LSG building, remote gates. And may I assume the airport hotels on Century will be completed as well as the Direct TV, Boeing, and Reytheon buildings on the South side with 405 fwy? This was done in the old FS9 version. Perhaps an August release? Looking beautiful.

I am looking for errors but not many pictutres here to go on...

signmanbob

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:05 pm »
Well, it's looking wonderful and I know that if the "Dreamteam" makes an airport, I'm going to buy it because theirs are always the best by far.  My only problem now is what do I do with the payware airports that I'm uninstalling to be replaced with FSDT airports?
1. A yard sale
2. A trade-in program sponsored by FSDT (hint)
3. Convert them and use them in X-Plane

Any suggestions?

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 06:25:36 pm »
Well, it's looking wonderful and I know that if the "Dreamteam" makes an airport, I'm going to buy it because theirs are always the best by far.  My only problem now is what do I do with the payware airports that I'm uninstalling to be replaced with FSDT airports?
1. A yard sale
2. A trade-in program sponsored by FSDT (hint)
3. Convert them and use them in X-Plane

Any suggestions?

Yes, uninstall them, store them on a hard drive, or trash them. Although, converting to Xplane may not be a bad idea. As C9 KLAX may very well be the most detailed scenery Xplane will ever see... :D

theshack440

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 01:02:14 am »
Wow that is absolutely incredible! Great work guys! Can't wait.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Boeing787

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 05:49:24 am »
Looking really good guys :) My only question is, whats the big, new structure in image #4 thats on the landside of the airport in front of the TBIT where there are parking garages now? Didn't read about it in the construction plans, would be happy to learn about it!

Do you guys think that you will continue to update the airport after the east side of the new TBIT is completed?

Joel
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

sleddriver

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 06:42:14 am »
Wow!! Stunning!  Simply stunning!  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what those "satellite terminals" are on the west side of the airport?  Are they for charters, or overflow?  And then, I'm assuming they lead underground somewhere, or are they taken by buses?  Just curious.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 10:00:10 am »
Wow!! Stunning!  Simply stunning!  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what those "satellite terminals" are on the west side of the airport?  Are they for charters, or overflow?  And then, I'm assuming they lead underground somewhere, or are they taken by buses?  Just curious.

Those are the remote gates (the offical term) They are used for several resons. Mainly, for like you said, overflow and charter. Usually only airlines serving the international terminal use these gates. They are also used for day parking for longhaul flights from Asia that sit for several hours before turn around. Airforce One and related military aircraft park out there as well when the President is in town.

When flights are delayed they will be towed out there due to much needed space at the terminal. I am not sure if we are keeping them once the new terminal is complete. Oh and  pax get there by airfield bus.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 03:13:22 pm »
It looks....wow. I'm ready with my VISA card  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Anders Bermann

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 06:02:12 pm »

Those are the remote gates (the offical term) They are used for several resons. Mainly, for like you said, overflow and charter. Usually only airlines serving the international terminal use these gates. They are also used for day parking for longhaul flights from Asia that sit for several hours before turn around. Airforce One and related military aircraft park out there as well when the President is in town.

When flights are delayed they will be towed out there due to much needed space at the terminal. I am not sure if we are keeping them once the new terminal is complete. Oh and  pax get there by airfield bus.

Very interesting indeed... Thanks for that clarification, newmanix! :)

I remember I boarded our Air France flight from those terminals... we were picked up by (several) buses, and transported half-way across the airport...
The reason for that - I believe - (and that the flight couldn't leave from the terminal/gate (T2?)) was a 4-hour delay from Paris, due to bad weather... That we then, caught up with the weather in Copenhagen, is another story! ;)
Best regards, Anders

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 01:14:27 am »
Wow!! Stunning!  Simply stunning!  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what those "satellite terminals" are on the west side of the airport?  Are they for charters, or overflow?  And then, I'm assuming they lead underground somewhere, or are they taken by buses?  Just curious.

When flights are delayed they will be towed out there due to much needed space at the terminal. I am not sure if we are keeping them once the new terminal is complete. Oh and  pax get there by airfield bus.

Very interesting indeed... Thanks for that clarification, newmanix! :)

I remember I boarded our Air France flight from those terminals... we were picked up by (several) buses, and transported half-way across the airport...
The reason for that - I believe - (and that the flight couldn't leave from the terminal/gate (T2?)) was a 4-hour delay from Paris, due to bad weather... That we then, caught up with the weather in Copenhagen, is another story! ;)

Yeah. That sounds about right. When flights are delayed and inbound aircraft need the gate, they get the boot the remotes. It's a total pain in the ass because the tugs are very slow. Limited to 5mph so it takes bags forever to get out there and delay the flight even more. When I was a Duty Manager for Qantas a few years back, we dreaded the remotes  which why we used/use T4 and TBIT.

iforrage

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 04:46:06 am »
Salivating......
-Jesse

ddo2

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 05:41:12 pm »
Nice.  Could I request that the next preview have some night lighting shots too?