Author Topic: Changing Virus scanners & ptotecting bglman. **SOLVED**  (Read 6569 times)

christiaan

Changing Virus scanners & ptotecting bglman. **SOLVED**
« on: April 09, 2011, 12:06:17 pm »
Is there a way that the "excluded" blgman can be protected is one wants to change to another virus scanner. For example moving the

file to another location, eg USB stick and the placing back via My Documents if this folder is temporary excluded from the scan.

Soon I shall be starting, for the very first time, installing the FSX FSDT sceneries, are there any other files that need to be "excluded"during a scan.

I read about Coulti, is this placed with blgman in the main FSX folder as I believe FSX has no Module folder unlike FS9.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:41:24 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Changing Virus scanners & ptotecting bglman.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 12:56:20 pm »
You are making it more complex than it really is.

Simply switch to another antivirus, it's certain you'll have to exclude the files from scanning, only a few antivirus require this. If you find the new antivirus requires this, as explained in all threads related to antivirus config:

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:32:06 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply.

A couple of questions, I want to install with the present scanner and sometime in the near future  (due to several reasons) to another scanner AVG Free 2011.

Will the new scanner not remove the files before I have a chance to do what you suggested.

When you say turn off the virus scanner I presume you mean only the real time protection (heuristic) which is what I did on my old computer for FS2004

I am now on a new PC so that I can also enjoy your FSX airports.

Thanks for your patience.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 07:26:14 pm »
Will the new scanner not remove the files before I have a chance to do what you suggested.

The procedure suggested will work regardless of the antivirus. Not all antivirus needs it, but it won't do any harm doing this anyway.

When you say turn off the virus scanner I presume you mean only the real time protection (heuristic) which is what I did on my old computer for FS2004

When I've said "Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection", I meant "turn off real-time protection", which can be named differently depending on the product, but it's more than just turning off heuristic, which is usually a sub-option of the real-time protection features.

If you want a good free antivirus, I suggest the Microsoft Security Essentials, which is always kept updated, it's very easy to use, and doesn't mistakenly generate false positives with our software, which means it doesn't need any special configuration, and doesn't need to be turned off when installing our software.

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply and did as suggested.
Installed Microsoft Security Essentials today, also got an e-mail with my activation keys.
Just have to check on the forums how I have to use them

christiaan

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 06:58:27 pm »
Download the stand alone from KJFK, then excluded these from scanning even though I have now Windows Essentials.

Downloaded Fort Lauderdale FS9, installed, started the Flightsim , this fell out. Restarted FS9 and through yours system added my serial number as requested. When I start Fort Lauderdale it states that it is a demo version.
Did I forget some thing?

I copied and pasted from the e-mail just to make sure that I had the right serial number.

I also registered the number.

Should I have used my order number.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:09:02 pm by henry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 12:08:03 am »
Downloaded Fort Lauderdale FS9, installed, started the Flightsim , this fell out. Restarted FS9 and through yours system added my serial number as requested. When I start Fort Lauderdale it states that it is a demo version. Did I forget some thing?

It's not very clear what you did, and it's not very clear what do you man with "this fell out"...if you see the scenery alright, and the sign telling you the scenery is in Trial, it means everything is running correctly, otherwise you wouldn't see any scenery and no sign of trial and no Addon Manager menu.

So, if you see the scenery, the Addon Manager menu, but the scenery is in Trial, it simply mean you haven't activate it.

To activate it, you simply select the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager and, as the name says, use your SERIAL NUMBER (not Order Number, not email, etc.) and activate the scenery.

After you inserted it, you should see a request to activate it, which is either successful or not, and if it's not, you will see a clear error message stating what's went wrong (wrong Serial Number, no internet connection, too many reactivations, etc.)

If, instead, FS9 goes back to flight as soon as you insert the Serial Number, without asking to activate, it probably means you inserted the Serial for the wrong product OR, you inserted something else, like your Order Number, etc.

It's really very easy: select the correct product, select "Register Serial", insert your SERIAL NUMBER and let it activate. It's exactly like any other software that uses a Serial Number,

christiaan

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:39 pm »
Still demo.

Method of installation.

Installed Stand Alone for FS9 & FSX, I think from the KJFK scenery add-on, then excluded the Bglman & Couti files (day before replaced Norton with Security Essentials, and I known from you that exclusion is not necessary).

Did not switch off real time scanner.

Downloaded & installed Fort Lauderdale FS9 ( right click for install as administrator).

Started FS9 via icon on desktop. Within a moment had a CDT ??. Compatibility airport & FS ? What I meant when I wrote FS9 fell out.

Started FS9 again, which worked normally, and went to ADD-ON & via FSDT KFLL ticked re-install ( told to go to window mode).

Entered serial key then went back to full screen. No mention of activate.

2nd  attempt went to window mode and ticked register entered the serial number when asked but did not get any message to install airport.

Could the mistake be that I ticked re-install in the first attempt ?

With the attempt I did not get any error messages.

Shall I remove KFLL (V. 1.2) from ADD/REMOVE programme & re- install?

Not tried it on FSX yet.

Also I am trying to install on a new computer

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits. ( Older PC Windows XP. and I had most of your FS9 Airports, did not have FSX due to specifications)

FS9.1,
FSX SP 2.

Airport sceneries from other companies were installed OK,

Once again thanks for your patience, as to computers in general I am just a basic user.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 05:06:31 pm »
Still demo.

You did something wrong.

Installed Stand Alone for FS9 & FSX, I think from the KJFK scenery add-on, then excluded the Bglman & Couti files (day before replaced Norton with Security Essentials, and I known from you that exclusion is not necessary). Did not switch off real time scanner.

As I've said already, the antivirus is NOT AN ISSUE! If you see the scenery, and it says it's in Trial, and you see the Addon Manager menu, it means THE SOFTWARE IS RUNNING, this means you should stop worrying about the antivirus. It's NOT an antivirus problem. If the antivirus is interfering, you wouldn't see ANYTHING, no scenery, no Trial message, no Addon Manager menu.

If you see the scenery, the Trial message and the Addon Manager menu, it means the software is working CORRECTLY, you are simply failing to register it.

Downloaded & installed Fort Lauderdale FS9 ( right click for install as administrator).

Not need to, since the installer is flagged to automatically run as Admin anyway (see the shield icon?)

Started FS9 via icon on desktop. Within a moment had a CDT ??. Compatibility airport & FS ? What I meant when I wrote FS9 fell out.

Not normal, doesn't happen. However, you said it worked on the 2nd launch...

Started FS9 again, which worked normally, and went to ADD-ON & via FSDT KFLL ticked re-install ( told to go to window mode).

Normal, since it's telling you to go into Windowed mode, it clearly means it's *working*...

Entered serial key then went back to full screen. No mention of activate.

As I've said in my previous message, if FS9 goes back to normal flight without asking anything, it can only means you selected the WRONG product from the Addon Manager, or you have inserted something that doesn't have anything to do with your Serial Number, like your Order Number for example.

2nd  attempt went to window mode and ticked register entered the serial number when asked but did not get any message to install airport

Could the mistake be that I ticked re-install in the first attempt ?

There's no real difference between "Register Serial" or "Reinstall". The only difference is: "Register Serial" will ask for your Serial directly. "Reinstall", instead, will walk you to a dialog asking first if you HAVE your email receipt, and if you reply NO, it will tell you how to retrieve it, but if you reply YES, it will ask your Serial Number, EXACTLY like the "Register Serial".

With the attempt I did not get any error messages.

As I've said in my previous message, if FS9 goes back to normal flight without asking anything, it can only means you selected the WRONG product from the Addon Manager, or you have inserted something that doesn't have anything to do with your Serial Number, like your Order Number for example.

Shall I remove KFLL (V. 1.2) from ADD/REMOVE programme & re- install?

You don't have to remove anything, because it's all working normally. It's just you are inserting your Serial Number entirely wrong, or you are inserting something else in place of your Serial Number,

Your Serial Number is a long code that usually starts with FSDTxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx, it's NOT your Order Number and it's NOT your SKU Number. The Serial Number is listed on your purchase receipt as "Serial Number".

christiaan

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply, problem nearly solved.

I received an e-mail update via eSellerate a few days ago, for the six airports bought.but these only had my order dates and SKU which I entered in the serial box.

This is the mistake I made because there was no other number  mentioned apart from the Order number.

I found an saved old e-mail of three airports from a few years ago, with the serial numbers. The other three  I have probably bought later

KORD & KJFK begin with FSDT and ZURICH X begins with ZRHX.

Why did my new e-mail not list the Serial Keys along with the Order and SKU numbers?

How can I still get them.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:20:54 pm by henry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 09:23:40 pm »
Why did my new e-mail not list the Serial Keys along with the Order and SKU numbers?

The Email Order HISTORY doesn't contain Serial Numbers (it used to, up a couple of years ago), only the full email receipt contains the Serial Number.

How can I still get them.

From our FAQ page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

If you want to know your Serial Number, insert your Order Number and Email, then press the "Submit" button on the Esellerate support site: this will enter inside your Order Page, with option to see your original Email Receipt, that contains also your Serial Number.

christiaan

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 03:18:18 pm »
Many many thanks, got my sceneries.

Have a couple of questions,

When I installed the FSX version after FS9 it did not ask for the serial number.
One box in FSX asked if I want to back-up the REG KEY, did not take any action as I presume this was already done, as with the serial number, when the FS9  airport was installed.

The LOD on the jetways only appears when nearby, can this be altered.

Have posted a texture question about Zurich on the FS9 forum.

Once again many thanks for all your advice now & in the past.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 04:04:17 pm »
When I installed the FSX version after FS9 it did not ask for the serial number.

Normal and intended, since activation doesn't have anything to do with Flight sim, it's related to the machine so, if you have activated the scenery in one sim, it will run as active on the other, if under the same hardware and Windows installation. That's the main idea of selling a scenery in a single version.[/quote]

The LOD on the jetways only appears when nearby, can this be altered.

Not really, we carefully optimized them for fps, and the distance is correct as it is now.