Author Topic: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X  (Read 295298 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« on: March 01, 2011, 07:03:30 pm »
Here's the first public preview of our upcoming product. From the same team that brought you XPOI, another interesting implementation of our powerful Phython scripting engine: GSX which stands for Ground Services X.

It's an FSX only product which greatly enhances any airport with all sort of interactive Ground Services, like Marshallers, Baggage Loaders, better Refueling Vehicles, better Push-Back vehicles, De-Icers, Follow-Me Cars, Catering vehicles, etc.

It's perfectly integrated with our YouControl and ParkMe features

Many vehicles use advanced people animations that, thanks to the underlying scripting engine, are not just canned and preset, but are flexible and interact with the airport and the user airplane which means, they'll work with any user airplane at any parking position of any airport, both default and 3rd party.

On the FSDT sceneries that use ParkMe and YouControl, GSX will appear as a sub menu under YouControl, and it will basically replace ParkMe.

We intend to offer GSX for FREE at all our current and future airports, and as a purchasable product to get support of all other airports in FSX. There will be only one product to buy, which will feature all 20000+ default airports and any other FSX airport.

There will be several interesting expansion options, like the ability to add vehicles "repaints", which can be localized for a large region (US, Europe, Asia, etc.) or be specific for a certain nation or even a single airport. The vehicles use the standard FSX format with multiple models and multiple "liveries" (which, for people, means multiple characters) and we might come up with expansion products like new collections of vehicles and/or people, specific for certain areas. However, the base product will contain everything needed to support the whole World, from day one.

The sound engine underneath is quite advanced: we use full 3D positional audio and EAX effects like distance falloff, reverb, filters, and if you use a surround setup, you'll be able to hear sound from vehicles coming from the correct position in relation to where you are seated in the cockpit.

We don't have a firm release date right now, that's why the video says 2011 as a generic target, but we'll try to release it as soon as it's ready.

This forum section might be useful to hear your comments and suggestions, because there might still be time to add some before release.

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: GSX - A new product from FSDT - Ground Services X
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:18:53 pm »
O yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats awesome!!!!

KingCat

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »
Hi,

I especially like the animation of the bagageloaders (people taking the suitcases of the belt into the cart).

But.... Will this also interfere with AES? Because AES also has bagageloaders, etc.

In other words, if I activate an airport for AES, will I be able to use GSX as well, without the two products conflicting with eachother?

Jon

Thralni

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 07:27:26 pm »
Beautiful! Looks like there is an alternative to AES, and with that, one that is much better in every respect, including pricing.

A question: the video states all default airports and third party addons supported from day one. Does this mean I can install GSX and get suport even at FS9 airports that were ported into FSX? For example, there is a very nice FS9 Pulkovo (St. Pertersburg) scenery which I now use in FSX. Will GSX also work on this airport for example?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:32:23 pm by Thralni »

windshear

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:28:19 pm »
Wow looks very good!
Will there also be bigger container loaders for big planes?
Ur feature list looks packed with all sorts of service vehicles!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

chucky

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:33:30 pm »
Very nice. Do I understand correctly that there will be animated marshalers for parking spots without automated docking systems? Also, will there be any modification to the pushbacks? It would be nice to have the ability to define custom pushback paths for given parking spots. That kind of interaction with the aircraft might be outside the scope of this project, though. Anyway, looks really interesting.

david roch

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 07:37:37 pm »
Very very attractive and smart product!
Kudos to the devs.
  ;)
Best regards,
David Roch

Tino

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 07:37:44 pm »
Good day,

This product looks fantastic! I have a couple questions though.

1. Will there be a way to interface the specific aircraft with the ground services? Ex. (AES config menu within FS?)
2. What about 3rd party addon's such as (Aerosim RJBB, RJBE etc?), i'm guessing this would be possible to implement since your using same parameters as default FS vechiles?
I hope we are able to add to any airport we would like from a config page or something.

thank you, and I am really looking forward to this! :)

Regars,

Tino~

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 07:40:44 pm »
Looks great Umberto I cant wait to try it.

One question though, can you elimate some of the red suit cases and replace them with black or brown suit cases? Way to many red suit cases in my opinion, lol.

Now I am glad I never bought or spent any money on AES, this looks sufficient for what I would like and it works everywhere.

fbass

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 07:58:40 pm »
HEY, I think I saw one of my lost bags on that video.  UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

Where do I sign up and WHEN????

If FSX gets any more real we'll have to start actually buying tickets.

Frank  ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 08:01:14 pm »
In other words, if I activate an airport for AES, will I be able to use GSX as well, without the two products conflicting with eachother?

Both AES and GSX don't do much if you don't use their hotkey ( the hotkey in GSX is the same of YouControl, and can be freely reassigned ) so, I guess if you are on an airport supported by AES, you'll can simply choose which one to activate, by using the respective hotkeys.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 08:01:31 pm »
Umberto, as this is an FSX only product, will you still allow Oliver to impliment AES into your future FS9 products???
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:03:04 pm by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 08:03:34 pm »
Will GSX also work on this airport for example?

GSX will work with any airport that has a standard FSX AFCAD, it doesn't matter how old the rest of the scenery is. And, it will work even if you tweak/change/replace the AFCAD that comes with the scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 08:09:36 pm »
Umberto, as this is an FSX only product, will you still allow Oliver to impliment AES into your future FS9 products???

Yes, Oliver knows about this for a long time (more than a year) and we agreed that, as long as we are producing FS9 sceneries, we'll still support AES and will not do anything special to prevent it, even in FSX.

We don't want to force anyone using our product, there might be some things that AES does better, since each single supported airport is individually tweaked (which is both the best *and* the worse AES feature), our approach is different, and it's all geared to supporting every possible airport right from the start.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:19:43 pm by virtuali »

skimmer

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 08:11:08 pm »
Can hardly wait. Nice work! And its free for all my FSDT airports. No doubt I will purchase for the option of covering all other airports. Can I send you a pic of me and have you make one of the drivers look look like me ;D ;D