Author Topic: fsrecorder question  (Read 3911 times)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
fsrecorder question
« on: February 20, 2011, 04:11:00 am »
ill just throw this question here and there, to see what you guys think.

you know fsr have many limitations like it wont playback some animations, mostly custom ones. you also know that they are implementing more animations in beta version, like you can record main exit open/close, wing folds, etc, so when you open your canopy, the other planes wont all have it opened aswell. unfortunately, this doesnt happen (yet) for custom animations, or animations wich are not listed on fsrecorder options. but i was wondering, what if fsr dev could provide a sdk, maybe just an option to add a variable that controls the animation, so you could add any variable you want to a fsr recording, and have that plane running the animation (such as refuel drogue, i believe everyone wants that).
that could greatly improve fsr and expand its possibilities.

whats your oppinion?
i asked on fsrecorder forums already, just wanted to hear other opinions!

JamesChams

Re: fsrecorder question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 04:47:15 am »
...what if fsr dev could provide a sdk, ...
They wouldn't need to create an sdk for it.  All they would have to do is build into their interface a user-defined key-combo section that would allow for all the animations that users would be able to record. And, having that would mean that people could create much nicer videos with these playbacks. 

BTW: I wish FSDT's airports would also show up in FSX's default replay.  I use FRAPS, too, to resolve this limitation but, it would be nice to have the default option as well.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Re: fsrecorder question
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:32:53 am »
thats right james.

btw, check this thread:
http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=593&p=2232#p2232

i think everyone using fsrecorder would be interested on this idea.
if so, please reply to this thread at fs recorder forums, supporting it, maybe matthias will feel encouraged to work on such feature!

thanks