Author Topic: FsDreamTeam introduces user controlled Deactivation  (Read 68359 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FsDreamTeam introduces user controlled Deactivation
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 09:37:31 am »
To use the Deactivate feature, you need to be on the old computer, when the scenery is active. Doing this, will remove the activation on the old computer, so your available activations will increase by 1 and the scenery will go back in Trial mode on the old computer.

After you install the new computer, activate the scenery normally, this will use 1 activation so, if you use the Deactivate feature, you can change your system without consuming any activations.

It's very similar to the system iTunes use: you have 5 activations there (we give 6...), and you can deactivate a system before upgrading it, selling it, dispose of it, to reclaim its activation.

GerardWay

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »
To use the Deactivate feature, you need to be on the old computer, when the scenery is active. Doing this, will remove the activation on the old computer, so your available activations will increase by 1 and the scenery will go back in Trial mode on the old computer.

After you install the new computer, activate the scenery normally, this will use 1 activation so, if you use the Deactivate feature, you can change your system without consuming any activations.

It's very similar to the system iTunes use: you have 5 activations there (we give 6...), and you can deactivate a system before upgrading it, selling it, dispose of it, to reclaim its activation.
Thanks for a definite answer!
And if I have a crash to windows ( or hard disk)? What to do in this case?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 02:18:12 pm »
And if I have a crash to windows ( or hard disk)? What to do in this case?

Reinstalling Windows requires reactivation but, it's not certain if will count as a new activation, I guess it's different if you just reformat your old hard drive or you buy a new one.

Crashes are one reason we provide 6 activations to begin with. On an ideal world with no crashes or hardware failures, we could give just 1 activation, because with the deactivate feature it should be enough for 1 user, maybe 2 for a 2nd PC, and that's it.

And of course, those 6 activations are not for the life of the product, don't forget that, if more than 90 days passed since the last time you have been granted an activation, you'll be automatically reactivated anyway even if you used all the 6 activations, because the oldest one will be reclaimed without the need to deactivate yourself.

And, of course, you can always contact us asking for a manual reactivation, even if you consumed all your 6 and even if less than 90 days have passed from the last activation.

It's really not possible being in a situation you can't use the product with our method, users mistakenly think it's "complex", but only because it has a lot of backup and safety features built in.

GerardWay

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 02:48:41 pm »

tompie

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 09:47:35 am »
Hi Virtuali, don't know if this is the right section for my question. But I would like to have your advise before doing anything like reactivation.
Since last night I get the "mismatch machine error 25007" when starting up FS9.1  This is for all the sceneries I bought from FSDT except KLAX. Funny detail, it also asks for the Cloud 9 reactivation of EHAM and KLAX, while no longer installed for a long time. Of course I spelled the forum for this error. But the point is that there was no change whatever on my hardware nor did I have a system crash. All sceneries are in the register.
1)How is this possible?
2)Should I simply re-activate all?
Thanks,
Tompie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 11:51:32 am »
The 25007 code means there WAS an hardware change. Maybe you haven't done it yourself, but something in your system changed and reported a new hardware id for some items.

It's possible this might be caused by buggy drivers, possibly ide or sata drivers, bios acpi drivers, a bios reflash, etc. it doesn't happen under normal conditions.

However, even if you get that message and reactivate, it's not necessarily mean it will *consume* one of your activations, because the system might still recognize it as a minor update so, it's never a problem, usually.

It's absolutely normal you would get a prompt to reactivate Cloud9 products you have uninstalled. When you uninstall, your Serial Number is NOT removed from the registry, and rightly so because if it was, you would then have to reactivate every time you want to uninstall/reinstall a scenery, perhaps just for test reasons.

If you want to really uninstall and remove the Serial in the registry too, that's precisely what the deactivate function does: it will remove your Serial Number and its activation from the registry so, on top of reclaiming one activation for further use, it will not prompt to reactivate a product you removed, in case an hardware change is detected.

tompie

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38:50 pm »
Thanks Umberto. However still sounds strange to me that my PC does things I am not aware of or even have no influence on.
I'll try and solve the issue.
Tompie

HGT

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 05:20:34 pm »
OK....Great.  I just saw this.  I've been going batty trying to get my scenery's ReActivated after having gone thru numerous uninstalls, re-installs.  Had no idea that there was a limit to activations.  I kept my licences, assuming that anytime I need them to activate on an updated system, or after reinstalling due to crashes... I would have it.  Paid for it and not using on any other systems.  Always, just installed on one system at a time.  So, I'm not quite sure why you limit the number of activations in the first place once we've purchased the product.  However, now (7 years ago!) you offer a round about fix.  OK.  But, this is not working for me because I can't get my sceneries to reactivate at all now. 

Please help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 09:51:28 am »
Had no idea that there was a limit to activations.  I kept my licences, assuming that anytime I need them to activate on an updated system, or after reinstalling due to crashes... I would have it. 

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

It's true I'm not free to change hardware by using this purchasing system?

We chose to offer a very liberal licensing policy regarding activations: there are 6 activations available per order, coupled with auto-reclaim every 90 days. This means, in general, that you can change your hardware up to 6 times in a 90 days period, without running into activation issues.

So, I'm not quite sure why you limit the number of activations in the first place once we've purchased the product

For the obvious reason of preventing sharing the serial number with the whole world. Each and every software out there has some kind of activation limit. The difference is, many of them don't even advertise it clearly, like we do.

However, now (7 years ago!) you offer a round about fix.

Exactly, the ability to Deactivate was added 7 years ago...

But, this is not working for me because I can't get my sceneries to reactivate at all now. 

That's because you never used the Deactivate function before reinstalling. Yes, the one available since 2011...Of course, for any issues related to orders, you should not use the forum, and use the support email instead, which is listed both in your purchase receipt and in the "Contact us" page of this site.

skyymann

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2020, 05:23:41 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have a old Dead email associated with most of the scenery I have purchased from you. I need to change it so I can download them again. I just did a complete clean install of windows and P3D. Can you help?

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2020, 10:24:45 pm »
You must contact support by email for any questions about reactivation, indicating:

- the old mail you use

- the new one you want to change your existing orders to

jwcruz825

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2020, 03:39:13 am »
question i installed V5 on a diverent drive how can the scenery be installed cause its still installing it on V4.5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2020, 01:47:59 pm »
question i installed V5 on a diverent drive how can the scenery be installed cause its still installing it on V4.5

I'm not sure what do you mean with "still installing it on V4.5":

- If you mean "inside the P3D 4.5 root folder", our installer doesn't install like that. It installs in a shared folder, which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, which will contain all FSDT products, with all different variations ( when required ) of files used by all different simulators you use.

When you install the first FSDT product in your system, you CAN change this folder, which can be anywhere, and changing it to be "inside" the root of the simulator, is probably the worse choice you can do.

- If you mean "in their own folder, but activated in 4.5", if you are starting an FSDT installer, and you don't see the option to "install" into P3D V5 ( which doesn't mean "installing inside its folder" ), the only possible explanations is that you are using an outdated installer that supports only P3D V4, so you must download the updated installer.

So, in order to install into V5, the only thing you should do, is to download the latest installer for P3D4/5, and this will surely "install" in P3D V5.

If you originally decided you didn't like the default install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, and changed it to the worse possible choice of installing INTO the V4 folder, I can see how this can be very confusing to you, and that's precisely why I said installing INTO the sim is probably the worse possible choice, because you are likely to assume the products are installed *there* ( and there only ), when in fact that is supposed to be a shared folder for all simulators, which HAPPENED to end up inside one of the simulators own root folder, just because you told the installer to do that.

So yes, while IT IS possible to have an FSDT installation INSIDE the V4 folder, that can be used by V5 ( provided you used the latest installer, and asked to install in V5 ), it's extremely confusing and messy. There IS a reason why our installer suggest a folder completely outside the sim.

So, if you are in the situation you must remedy your initial mistake of not accepting the default installation folder, and want to redo everything from scratch, do as follows:

- Uninstall every FSDT product you have. Every scenery and GSX

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". THIS IS IMPORTANT, if you skip this step, you won't be able to freely choose a folder when reinstalling

- Reinstall all your FSDT products again, and this time either accept the default installation folder, or any other folder, but don't select the simulator folder. If you have a separate disk with more space, just select that disk root, it will create an Addon Manager folder inside, and this is also perfectly fine.

kiko43

Re: FsDreamTeam purchasing
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2021, 07:41:29 pm »

Hello, I tried to make a purchase GSX + GSX L2 by Paypal several times and I couldn't, I entered all the data and nothing. I would like to know why? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FsDreamTeam purchasing
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2021, 01:11:28 pm »
Hello, I tried to make a purchase GSX + GSX L2 by Paypal several times and I couldn't, I entered all the data and nothing. I would like to know why?

You must understand that, nothing related to the actual purchase process happens under out control or on our site. Your are buying from Digital River, on Digital River site, and we don't have any details about your payment or how it works, we only get notified by Digital River after the whole transaction that happened on their site completes.

So, for any questions about the actual payment process, I suggest to contact Digital River here:

https://www.mycommerce.com/shopper-support/

Compile the "Still need help?" form.