Author Topic: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2  (Read 114872 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2011, 05:26:05 pm »
I understand that you are not a native english-speaker so don't feel hurt, but much (all most all) of the grammer in the above message is incorrect.

It's "grammar"... source "Common Errors in English Usage"

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/grammer.html
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:32:15 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2011, 07:35:42 pm »
There is a difference between British-English spelling and American-English spelling of words.  E.g. Americans spell words in the following manner, like "Behavior" but British spell it as "Behaviour"... these are common examples.  It just so happens that "grammar" is the American-English word but many British spell it as "grammer."  But, I'm guessing that you knew that, right. ;)  However, in my case, I think it was just a "typo."

And, I must admit that I sometimes confuse them when I'm dealing with different audiences.  Thus, I NEVER claimed to be perfect, all the time, which is why I *try* to be considerate of their position; in this case he's not a native-english speaker, and everyone knows that my Italian is not worth mentioning either. :-[ :P ::) LOL ;D  Also, I'm NEVER trying to *Piss off* anyone, we just have to learn to deal with eachother in a more productive/non-combative manner.  Seems to me as the ONLY language that many here *understand* is confrontational.  Perhaps, you can help me change that? ???

....You ALWAYS have to piss of scenery dev's don't you? ....
Your statement is NOT correct; Mr. Martin Brunken at FlyTampa, never has a problem telling me things, never get upset easily if questions are asked, nor does he get combative over personality differences because he's a professional and understands that the customer may just be curious and/or need guidance.
Another example is Mr. Kok at Aerosoft  ... and I can quote several others if you like.  So, please, stop pointing fingures, about a conversation that really was between two people that you were not directly privy to; thank you.

Finally, my father was a linguistic professor with a PhD. in English and my mother is ethnically half-English... so, I was educated in both British/American-English, which were amoung my "mother-tongues" growing up.  And, I was also exposed to Indian-English, Ozzy-English and many Europeans trying their best as well. ;)

Also, to prevent this from turning into another *flaming war*; I'm not going to respond to any more *combative posts* in this thread.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:59:33 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2011, 07:49:16 pm »
Please re-type your above message, its not quite comprehensible.  And, yes, I think we both were tired.

I really can't see how that message couldn't be misunderstood, also because it said exactly the same things I've been saying for weeks, since you started inquiring about animated people in the scenery.
Essentially, I was wondering if *animated crew/passengers* would (begin here) by being be part of this package.

I'll try to make it easier for you: there are already sceneries with animated people using advanced character motion, the first one I think was the Aerosoft fictional airport and, if we also count usage of default FSX objects, our freeware Ocala airport which was released 3 years ago, also contained animated people.
Fine, but I'm more interested in seeing that you don't get behind everyone else; they are all doing this to most, if not all, of their packages in hopes of making it a standard.  Now, you claimed to be able to do this but all I've seen is static objects in Zurich X; thus my frustration/query? ???

But, as I've said, regardless which was first to feature this stuff, all those sceneries have limitations, making the animated people nothing more than eye candy decoration, which will probably get old very fast.

Instead, we are trying to do something more interactive that can be used without limitations on the airplane or parking type, and will cover several aspect of the airport life which features animated people.

In any case, this is the KLAX preview forum, and nothing of this is specifically relevant to that scenery so, please, try not to hijack any thread by keep mentioning animated people, trying to force us to discuss another unannounced product, which is unannounced for the very reason we don't want to discuss it YET. It will be discussed, extensively, when we think the time is right.
Not trying to *HIJACK* anything, just inquiring as I did mention earlier, already, about the features of your engine that might be unique to this airport; that wasn't already mentioned or not visible from the preview pic.'s.  OK; we'll just have to wait and see.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

ESzczesniak

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2011, 11:33:09 pm »
There is a difference between British-English spelling and American-English spelling of words.  E.g. Americans spell words in the following manner, like "Behavior" but British spell it as "Behaviour"... these are common examples.  It just so happens that "grammar" is the American-English word but many British spell it as "grammer."  But, I'm guessing that you knew that, right. ;)  However, in my case, I think it was just a "typo."...

Do you have any evidence for this spelling difference?  I can't claim to be any expert on British English, but being curious about this I did a Google search.  While I found many discussions of different spelling, none referenced a different spelling of "grammar" vs. "grammer".  The Oxford English dictionary (a typically classic British English dictionary) does not recognize any word spelled "grammer", while it recognizes several other classic British vs. American spellings (i.e. colour vs. color).  The online Oxford Dictionary even has an entire page dedicated to differences in spelling, but does not include any discussion on "grammar". 

Honestly, as great as the explanation seems, I call bullpoop and the inability to admit you're wrong as well as the attitude towards others communication ability (which I've found to be perfectly fine) is frustrating to say the least.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2011, 11:51:59 pm »
It just so happens that "grammar" is the American-English word but many British spell it as "grammer."  

No, they don't. Grammer doesn't exists and it's not one of the commonly known difference in spelling between British and American English, it's just a mistake. Let's check on some sources:

Merriam Webster:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/grammer - the word doesn't exist

Oxford Dictionaries, which can be configured for both American or British English
http://oxforddictionaries.com/noresults?dictionaryVersion=region-uk&isWritersAndEditors=true&noresults=true&page=1&pageSize=20&q=grammer&searchUri=All&sort=alpha&type=dictionarysearch - the word doesn't exist in both configurations

Cambridge Dictionary:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/spellcheck/british/?q=grammer - the word doesn't exist

But this is the best one:

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/grammer

Places
Grammer, Indiana, a small town in the United States

Other
A common misspelling of grammar.

So, next time you try to be smart, check your facts first...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2011, 12:10:00 am »
Essentially, I was wondering if *animated crew/passengers* would (begin here) by being be part of this package.
You know very well it's a separate product we are working on. And even without knowing it, it should have been clear, since we always said animated people will be part of a separate unannounced product which is not an airport, and KLAX obviously isn't.

Fine, but I'm more interested in seeing that you don't get behind everyone else
We are not in a race to arrive first, but to do the best possible product. Without even mentioning, we are doing something different, which is more than just adding nice animations to the sceneries.

all I've seen is static objects in Zurich X; thus my frustration/query? ???
Then you haven't seen very well, since Zurich is our only scenery that has moving people, but it was very rudimentary, because Zurich is still an FS9-centric scenery, and we didn't had any scripting technology back then.

Not trying to *HIJACK* anything, just inquiring as I did mention earlier, already, about the features of your engine that might be unique to this airport; that wasn't already mentioned or not visible from the preview pic.'s.  OK; we'll just have to wait and see.
There's no need to wait, because I've already said which features of the engine will be used in KLAX, animated people will never be "part" of an airport package anyway, but will be handled by a dedicated product, and this should have been very clear, since this is what we always said.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2011, 12:20:11 am »
In any case, as anyone has probably noticed, this was a very smooth week, because James was banned for the last 7 days, and his ban has just expired today, which immediately created the usual problems. It must be a some kind of magical power of his: as soon he's back posting, *other* people starts to misbehave...

In fact, James was banned several times this month: few hours after each ban expired, he started again with his usual attitude, and got re-banned for another week. This was the 3rd time in a row.

But, apparently, he doesn't want to learn so, let's do it a 4th time. See you next week, James.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2011, 12:48:00 am »
But, apparently, he doesn't want to learn so, let's do it a 4th time. See you next week, James.

You wouldn't happen to have a 'permanently ban' button, would you? :P ;D

Anyways, as entertaining as this all is, back on topic...I must say I really cannot wait for more screenshots of KLAX (and I don't even have the opportunity to fly in MSFS until this summer when I'm home from school).  I am literally checking the forum at least once a day to see if more shots have been released. ;)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2011, 04:16:37 am »
You wouldn't happen to have a 'permanently ban' button, would you? :P ;D

Why would he want to do that?  You can't buy this kind of entertainment anywhere, and the fact that James has had so many chances makes me think Umberto feels the same way.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2011, 04:30:45 am »
I'm really rolling over all this nonsense that's been going on. :P Like everybody else,We want more KLAX screenshots. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »
I've been gone awhile.  Why is James banned?
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

theshack440

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2011, 05:04:57 pm »
I've been gone awhile.  Why is James banned?

His weekly attitude... He gets banned for a week and then comes back and makes some remarks that ticks people off (for the last 4 weeks)
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Boeing787

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2011, 09:16:35 pm »
Hey,

Super excited about KLAX and the screenshots look great! I do have a few questions though...

1) Will that design (I'm not really sure what it is) that someone mentioned previously be included on the KLAX tower (I have yet to see it on any scenery for this airport)? That In-Out Burger would be cool too now that someone mentioned it, I always see that on airliners.net with a plane overhead. Is it possible that that might be included as well?

2) Will the airport surveillance radar (ASR) be included? Its the commonly seen red colored radar on top of a steel tower that rotates. Its funny, for such a distinguishable feature at any somewhat significant airfield, I find that most scenery developers never include it for some reason. I believe that the one at KLAX is located at the perimeter on the south side of the airfield where some hangers are located.

3) How are the framerates going to be? Can we expect similar or even better FPS compared to Honolulu (or KDFW)?

Of course some of the details that I mentioned are relatively minor, but I always find that its the minor things that makes certain sceneries stand out above the rest :)

Joel
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:43:31 pm by Boeing787 »
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

theshack440

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2011, 11:45:11 pm »
2) Will the airport surveillance radar (ASR) be included? Its the commonly seen red colored radar on top of a steel tower that rotates. Its funny, for such a distinguishable feature at any somewhat significant airfield, I find that most scenery developers never include it for some reason. I believe that the one at KLAX is located at the perimeter on the south side of the airfield where some hangers are located.

Joel,

I'm guessing that they will include the ASR at KLAX because it is present (and fully moving) at KDFW. When I first saw it there I was astonished at how cool it looked because it moved and everything. I also realized that same point that most developers seem to not include them. Maybe they can't have them spinning the way FSDT did at KDFW and feel that if it just sits and doesn't move it will look silly. But what do I know... just a guess
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

bradl

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2011, 09:11:14 am »
Hey,

Super excited about KLAX and the screenshots look great! I do have a few questions though...

1) Will that design (I'm not really sure what it is) that someone mentioned previously be included on the KLAX tower (I have yet to see it on any scenery for this airport)? That In-Out Burger would be cool too now that someone mentioned it, I always see that on airliners.net with a plane overhead. Is it possible that that might be included as well?

If someone is going to include In-n-Out, they also better include the Proud Bird. That's another great spotting place there, and a good restaurant all around.

BL.