Author Topic: Sluttering  (Read 24845 times)

anakletor

Sluttering
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:50:51 pm »
Hello!

I bought this airport scenary a couple of days ago. I am very impressed and now all my flights go from/to Bergen Flesland.

I have a problem though. Every 4-5 seconds the simulation freezes for like 0.2 seconds. Graphics just freeze and then it works again... for 4-5 seconds.

I have a very capable computer and I run everything on max without problem. FPS always over 35, also when in Flesland. I don't know what this comes from. I see that the airport have birds flying around. Can those birds have something to do with my graphics problems?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sluttering
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:23:07 am »
Try to set the Anti-popup slider in the Addon Manager to an higher value, this should improve stuttering, at the cost of a slighter fps loss, which might not be a problem at ENBR

anakletor

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:44:25 pm »
Thank you! I will try that when I get home in one hour.

anakletor

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:03:30 pm »
Unfortunately that didn't help. I tried Anti-popup at lowest, middle and highest positions without it having any effect on the freezing effect. This airport is really awsome, but I cannot fly it like this. I don't have this problem with any other scenary. Any other suggestions?

By the way, I have set FPS to max 45 and it runs 43-45 while in Bergen Flesland.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 07:16:29 pm by anakletor »

anakletor

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 01:31:07 am »
Actually I am not sure my problem is stuttering. I have found out that this "freezing" happens regardless of what I do as soon as I get close to the airport. And it happens every 4-5 seconds. Very constant frequency. I have been tweaking my fsx.cfg file without results whatsoever. No matter how much I move the sliders to the right or to the left, the freezing will be there. Always at same frequency. I know it has to do with something happening at this airport every 4-5 seconds since I don't have the problem anywhere else. I have thought of the birds and their spawn time. Btw I havent seen those birds lately. Maybe some hunter around the airport? hehe.

Anyways, this is becoming very annoying, since I have spent the whole sunday trying to figure out how to get rid of the freezing. Any help appreciated!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:03:46 am »
I'm sorry but, if it's not fixed by the Anti-popup (which, at the highest settings basically loads the whole scenery in memory), there's no much else that can be done. In any case, if you check the forum, nobody else reported it.

Note that, it's possible this is more noticeable today, with faster machines available than those when ENBR was released (4 years ago), maybe you'd hardly noticed a 0.2 secs freeze when your fps was 10, but it becomes noticeable with a higher fps.

Have you tried running with the fps limiter ?

anakletor

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 06:17:44 pm »
Yes, I have run FSX at very low fps and also at very high fps. The freezing keeps happening every 4-5 seconds. I have also installed an external fps limiter, but it didn't help. I also replaced my fsx.cfg by a modified version that I got from http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html but it didn't help.

I have the feeling that this freezing effect is not related to the graphics, but to some other features of the airport.

Could it be an audio file that gets played every 4 seconds? Like one of those machines/lorries moving around at the airport?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:26:24 pm by anakletor »

anakletor

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:21:30 am »
I have uploaded a video with rain showing the freezing effect

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 05:06:22 am »
Try to copy the attached file (unizip if first, of course) in the cloud9\bergen\texture folder and see if it makes any difference.

motooy

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 01:15:52 pm »
I to have bought  this airport scenary a coupele of days ago, and  i have the same problem. noting in this topic works . its more like freezing then stuttering and it happens evry 4-5 seconds for me to.

anakletor

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 08:32:03 pm »
Hello again,

Thank you for your support, Umberto. I tried the file you supplied, but it didn't make any difference. I went to the FSX scenary settings deactivated the scenery and reactivated after restarting FSX, but it didn't help. I have done some experimenting just to try to rule out some factors:

The freezing happens both at day and night
It happens both with FSX native aircrafts and with addon aircrafts
It happens whenever I am within a radius of about 7nm.
It happens both with high and low AntiPopUp
It happens regardless of weather conditions
It happens at both high and low FPS
It happens with or without external FPS limiter

And it happens only at this airport. I use same settings and hardware when flying other sceneries but the freezing happens only at Bergen airport. My conclusion is that there must be some unique conditions in this scenery that triggers the freezing. I use a high-end computer with i7@4.2GHz, ATI Radeon 4780 and 8GB DDR3 RAM. I can fly at high FPS (45) without experiencing any lag or other graphics problems, except for the freezing.

My question is, which features in this scenery can trigger a freezing exactly every 4 seconds?

I hope you don't take me wrong, Umberto. This airport offers the best and most detailed graphics of all the addons I have installed. I like it a lot. I fly from/to Bergen Flesland in real life once a month and I have been doing so for 5 years, so I know how realistic this addon is. The fact that it works well for 99% of the users proves that this piece of software is very well done and I understand that it is not easy to design software that works perfectly on every computer. There must be millions of combinations of software and hardware out there.

It is just because I like this scenery so much that I want it to run well. I really wished it did.

I appreciate your support.

I have added one more video showing this freezing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 04:48:41 am »
Try with the attached .BGL file, to be put into the cloud9\bergen\scenery folder

motooy

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 03:17:45 pm »
I have tried the file ,but the frezzing evry 4 or 5 seconds is still there .There is a problem someware else in the scenary i think .I have moved the scenary compllexity slider to very sparse and then the freezing is gone ,but runway markings and gates is not there ,and more. So that are not solving the problem the slider most be at normal ,to have a nice airport scenary.I have only this problem at Flesland scenary .Hope you
can find the problem for us,this airport scenary is one of the best i have bought, Hope i can take of from it son-.Tank you
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:16:06 pm by motooy »

anakletor

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 05:58:05 pm »
Unfortunately the .BGL file did not make any difference.  ???

anakletor

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 06:41:39 pm »
I add a screenshot of my Addon Manager in case there is a some setting that I should change.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8669/addonmanager.jpg
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:32:52 am by virtuali »