Author Topic: San Diego NATOPS Carrier Mission - RELEASED  (Read 17765 times)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Re: San Diego NATOPS Carrier Mission - RELEASED
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 11:44:37 pm »
orion:

1. is it possible to use the VRS rhino for this mission?
2. can i fly this mission in Single player?
3. is it possible to use the plat camera outside this mission? i.e. adding javiers nimitz through aicarriers2 in SP
4. does it have aerial refueling, or you have any aerial refueling missions?

thanks in advance

Orion

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 11:50:21 pm »
1. Yes, you can change your aircraft once you're in the session lobby.  Refer to the SF Carrier 2 PDF documentation for instructions on changing aircraft in a multiplayer mission.
2. No, but you can log into your LAN instead of GameSpy and fly the mission there, which will be effectively single player.
3. No.
4. No, the San Diego NATOPS Carrier Mission does not include refueling.  SF Carrier 2 (and 2.5) provides an AI Boeing 737 which you can refuel from by flying in close proximity behind the aircraft.  If you would like to refuel from other players in a multiplayer session, or from an AI aircraft in single player, you can use J.R.'s In-Flight Refueling Gauge.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 11:51:35 pm »
Fael...

1.  Im guessing you can select any aircraft you want for this mission.  Just be warned if you select something (say the VRS), EVERYONE has to have it.  Otherwise strange things will happen.  Ull stay the same but if others have a default Hornet, they will revert back to the Blues paint and back and forth.

2.  I dont think its a single player mission, but you can simply load it on startup and not broadcast it or dont allow others to enter and it ends up being a single player.

3.  Not sure, definately have to ask Orion.

4.  No aerial refueling.  When I asked Orion to alter his mission, I specifically asked (and he delivered) no refueling planes, since we came up with multiples and other errors.  Also, the flight path would be weird, since to keep the WoD (wind over deck) component, the carrier course (~250 deg) and wind direction (~238 deg) have to be steady.  This makes pattern work much more consistent with real world carrier patterns.

Hope that helps a little
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 12:38:12 am »
thanks guys, that helps

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 04:22:06 am »
Fellas...

Thinkin bout a carrier session this weekend.

Any takers?

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 06:14:08 am »
Fellas...

Thinking about sometime around 2-3pm Central Time (zulu -6).  Let me know what youre up for.  Maybe just get on Skype and fire up the new mission.  No carrier patterns or rules, just see if we can all get on without errors and go from there?

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 06:19:31 am »
Additionally, for those of you that dont have the Sludge Hornet and Combat Hornet integrated... I talked to JR tonite and he said it was time to let her rip.  So Ill be working this weekend to get an integrated Sludge/Combat Hornet installer out there.  Ill also try to talk to Serge about letting me include the Centennial paint on the integration.

As well, I've done some tweaking on the Sludge this week.  I think you'll like the subtle changes.  And, IF I CAN GET FRAPS WORKING, Ill show you an easy Pirouette.  Its such a great reversal.

Later
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 12:08:02 am »
im up for some carrier sessions tomorrow, so just let me know how to, as i dont have your skype address or anything

Razgriz

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 12:16:07 am »
To start you're going to need a mic.  If you have a mic, then get skype, and add my account: duncan.L