Author Topic: JFK Update  (Read 14278 times)

theshack440

JFK Update
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:48:56 am »
Hi FSDT,
I want to start off by saying how much I love this scenery but I have a question. I don't know if this has already been asked and I'm sorry if I sound pushy but I saw that the O'hare scenery will soon be updated because the images of the new runway changes are now available on google maps and I checked and now the new pictures of JFK's updated runway 31L/13R are up(concrete and an added 50 feet of width). So I'm hoping for an update of that runway at some point in the future if that is not too much to ask for.

Thank you, keep up the good work!
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK Update
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 07:49:08 pm »
We'll surely check that. We have started work on the KORD V2 version so, that will get the highest priority.

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:23:17 am »
sounds great, thank you, and I appreciate the speedy response
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

devereiii

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:14:18 pm »
I would love to see KJFK updated as well... The scenery is awesome! One request: Can the street signs be changed to the real street names, terminal names, etc? Instead of "Your Mom's House" or "Your Father's new wife and family" (or whatever it says), I think that is just silly, looking at the serious detail of the scenery itself. DFW has valid signage, can that be done with JFK?

Also, gate assignments in FSX are all "GA"... Can that be changed to something like what is now in DFW for gate assignments?

Other than those little quirks; this scenery is wonderful. I just made an approach at dusk in the PMDG MD-11, 13L and it is just amazing!

Thank you FSDT...
Robert
Robert

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 02:52:11 am »
I realize this is an old thread, but found this regarding the new runway.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Airlines/Boeing-757-222/1865934/L/
Captain Kevin

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 11:51:55 pm »
I realize this is an old thread, but found this regarding the new runway.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Airlines/Boeing-757-222/1865934/L/
Very cool photo, I love the shot and the angle. Although they need overhead images (like top down), Virtuali said that after they release LSZH v2, they will begin work on KORD v2, and then JFK v2, etc... I hope after KLAX, GSX, and Hawaii 2 are released, they will (although this is greedy...) stop making airports and dedicate all of their time to upgrading previous airports. There are a lot of things (big and small) at JFK that need to be put in in addition to 31L/13R.

I understand that KORD has had more significant changes and I am excited for that as well, but I can only dream of a JFK v2 in the near future!

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

Didier Chabanne

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 12:04:36 am »

Hello well it will see an update as video KJFK the big update ? http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/delta/47825/   T-4 expansion fir Delta Air Lines

I like to fly to Paris CDG and also flights to EDDF.
With Air Transat but B777-200ER/LR B777-300ER
FS2004

theshack440

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 05:12:25 pm »

Hello well it will see an update as video KJFK the big update ? http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/delta/47825/   T-4 expansion fir Delta Air Lines

Considering fsdt is implimenting TBIT at KLAX and that isn't done yet, they probably will put the Delta update in. Whether or not they will have no Terminal 3 is questionable though because that is planned for demolition in 2015 but I'm sure they'll make a good choice about it. But I do hope they do incorporate the new Delta stuff!

And by the way, that video was awesome, I can't wait for the real life expansion! Thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:18:33 pm by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

Silverbird

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 03:39:12 am »
The terminal seems very nice and it would look very cool in fsx or flight, its a never ending battle with airports always expanding and changing I definitely look forward to updates to jfk even it means  paying for it its not a problem and only fair to pay for the extra work but I have to say jfk is one of my favorite airports. the only thing I see maybe getting in the way is ms flight if released early which I doubt it but you never know.  :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

theshack440

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 04:22:07 pm »
I completely agree with that. It must be so hard as a developer especially to be on pace with all of these major airports constantly having changes. And I would most certainly pay for a good update of JFK and I hope that Flight either doesn't get in the way or adds to the market (at that time) of Flight addons. But I feel that if Flight comes out before a JFK v2 does, fsdt will make it for FSX and Flight.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

Didier Chabanne

I like to fly to Paris CDG and also flights to EDDF.
With Air Transat but B777-200ER/LR B777-300ER
FS2004

theshack440

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 10:53:33 pm »
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5357450/

I wonder what FSDT will do in terms of which terminals to have in their update for JFK... Very excited to find out!
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

Paradox

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 05:54:12 am »
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5357450/

I wonder what FSDT will do in terms of which terminals to have in their update for JFK... Very excited to find out!

You're not the only one. I'm looking to see what T4 is gonna look like after the update (If they choose to make an update)

kmoberg

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 08:30:11 pm »
I'm curious about this too... Is there any chance to see the updated taxiways etc for JFK? There are quite a few of them at the intersections to 31L that would be really nice to get updated.

BrandonLH81

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 03:35:21 pm »
Agreed 100% on the signs . All of that hard work that's look wonderful by the way , and then the signs which brings it down a notch for me. Any Ideas on where that even came from ? Tasteless and lame!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:37:04 pm by virtuali »