Author Topic: SIM TAILHOOK SITREP  (Read 3277 times)

Pop

SIM TAILHOOK SITREP
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:28:56 pm »
SIM TAILHOOK

SITREP 8/9/10

We are progressing!  More people/firms  are responding with ideas, door prizes  and Welcome bag items. Got a "bag full" of Goodies from the Blues and one Sim software Co. will be supplying copies of their sim, with more items on the way.  One MAJOR sim equipment supplier said if we have more than 50 folks come they would gift certificates for $$ off their equipment ( they asked not to be ID'ed at this point)

Museum will have a new sim on-line by then. All I know at this point is that it is a mock up of the CV Ronald Regan flt deck, with wind and maybe a rolling deck for launches and LSO platform! I am going to explore it Thurs Aug 12th.

One of our committee members is looking into better seating at the air show.  Let me know if you would like the $5 bleacher or $15 "Flight Line Club" seating, which is "up close and personal" to the flight line.

I suggest that anyone mailing a registration form, back it up with a e mail, PM or a post on their web site. If the "snail mail" delays it's arrival I will check on it status!

Ron "Pop" Folse
Event Coordinator

Pop

Re: SIM TAILHOOK SITREP
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 04:19:57 am »
Sim TAILHOOK
SITREP 8/17

The "Welcome Bags" are getting some good stuff in them! They will be available for pickup Friday at Happy Hour!

We have added door prizes to be given out Friday and Sunday (lunch and dinner). One is a TIR system (gift from a member).

Another is a set of wooden "NAVY WINGS OF GOLD"  about 24 inches wide.!

Looking for more to come in!!!

Ghost has been busy with seating and parking for the airshow. There are three levels of seating. Bleachers at $5, Box seats at $15, and Chalet (food and drink provided) $50.
See the page " http://www.naspairshow.com"

Update on The F14 simulators: I spoke to them this week and they have changed the software.   The new sim flies an FSX products, which has some good and some bad. Gone is the Formation flying, but from what I was told, better graphics!

I have failed to mention the full motion FA 18 "ride"! Seats about 20 people, 6 degree motion base, with a simulated combat mission video. (Pay as you go)

Visited the upcoming "LSO" demo area which should be up and running by November. It will have the sight, sound and feel of being on the "Ronnie" flight deck during a launch and recovery. Looking good!

The new "hanger" will also be completed by the time of our meeting.  It will house about 30 A/C from the '50 -'70's.

I have make arrangements to tour and film the "Restoration" area since it will be closed on Sunday.  A Rep will give us an "update on what is going on there" at lunch Sunday along with a Museum overview .

Still looking for DVD's of your sim in action!  ( please include a narrative if the DVD does not include one.  I would like a rep from your group to give us all the highlights of your sim!

Keep watching as we progress in this event!