Author Topic: Trap Info Gauge?  (Read 6386 times)

Nike619

Trap Info Gauge?
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:52:52 am »
The thread title probably made most of you go  ???wtf

But, I am asking about this because all of my friends who download the sludgehornet all have this gauge that gives them, what wire, decent rate, ect.

Even I have all of the shift+ Combos open I get no such gauge. II have reinstalled a couple of times and no avail, Any ideas?

Razgriz

Re: Trap Info Gauge?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:30:52 pm »
Shift + 7

Make sure a few things:
1. The file (Carrier_Landing_Gauge.CAB) is in your panel folder.
2. The panel designator line is in your panel.cfg (assuming default panel.cfg: On line 12, Window06=Trap Gauge is there.)
3. The panel info is there.  For me, on lines 108 to 116:
[Window06]
size_mm=1024
window_pos=0.000, 0.000
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
background_color=0,0,0
visible=0
ident=10040

gauge00=Carrier_Landing_Gauge!Carrier_Landing_Gauge.xml, 0, 0, 1024, 1024

I've attached my Sludge FX panel.cfg in case you had trouble following.

Nike619

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 02:17:59 am »
Thank you Razgriz!

No joystick because I am in the middle of moving. Will test soon and let you know

EDIT: Does this work in Multiplayer?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 02:24:14 am by Nike619 »

Razgriz

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 02:28:26 am »
EDIT: Does this work in Multiplayer?
Yes.

Nike619

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 04:48:02 am »
Thank you.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:22:14 am »
Raz...

Thanks for the point out to Nike.  Sorry about that, but there is a mistake in the PANEL.CFG, that plenty of people have pointed out.  In the downloadable release from Avsim.com or Flightsim.com, the gauge00 line reads: "... Carrier_Landing_Gauge.xml, 0, 0, 1024, 102".  I think we all know that last set needs to be 1024.

Again, sorry bout the mistake, and not getting back to ya earlier.  Long weekend, but Im alive and well now.  Hope the fix worked.

Later
Sludge

Nike619

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 09:23:48 am »
I added the fix and success!

And no problem Sludge, How was the match?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 09:36:06 am »
Nike...

Great.  Glad it works for ya.  Adds more fun and realism to carrier landings.

Last weekend, the golf tourney was great.  Very hot and humid.  Dont know how those players stay anything close to cool enough to play.  This weekend, however was a big drink fest on Friday night.  Trashy women and booze.  Not a good combo for Sludge, especially on saturday morning.

AND, I just re-nuked my computer with a new hard drive, so I finally got up and running... AGAIN.  But, everything is running tip-top, so no problems with FSX or any other games I have installed.

Later
Sludge

Razgriz

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 10:07:32 am »
Nike...

Great.  Glad it works for ya.  Adds more fun and realism to carrier landings.

Last weekend, the golf tourney was great.  Very hot and humid.  Dont know how those players stay anything close to cool enough to play.  This weekend, however was a big drink fest on Friday night.  Trashy women and booze.  Not a good combo for Sludge, especially on saturday morning.

AND, I just re-nuked my computer with a new hard drive, so I finally got up and running... AGAIN.  But, everything is running tip-top, so no problems with FSX or any other games I have installed.

Later
Sludge

Heh, I just nuked Tuesday.  Get on skype when you have time.

markturner

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 10:52:40 pm »
Guys, will this gauge only work with the Hornet, or can we use it with the T-45, the Superbug etc?

Cheers, mark

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:59:12 pm »
Mark...

It should work with the T-45, simply add the panel.cfg lines you need to for the gauge to work, and then copy the CarrierTrap.cab over as well.  JR (neutrino) can probly give you all the info. you need in setting it up for the T-45, as he made this gauge as a better derivative of Charlie "Skippy" Bing's original Carrier Wire gauge.  However, I think Raz was saying something about the gauge having problems in the SuperBug?  It only gives "partial" readings, or something like that?  Ask Raz, he can tell you his experiences with it.

Later
Sludge

Razgriz

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 11:35:02 pm »
I don't fly the bug anymore, I don't find it nearly as good as what it used to be, and I enjoy the Sludge a lot more.  Bombs are great, sure, but it just doesn't feel right.  I don't remember it working well with the bug though, but that could have been user error thinking on it now.  Load the gauge up before you trap so it reads correctly.