Author Topic: Real World F-18 Sim Driver Job  (Read 3061 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Real World F-18 Sim Driver Job
« on: June 30, 2010, 07:25:26 pm »
To all...

I just pulled this off the L3.com site. Anybody that knows me, knows how boring Okieland is and how I've been looking for a job like this in the beautiful San Diego area!  If it were FULL TIME, Id apply this minute....  I have ALL THE REQ'D QUALS.  Would be funny in the interview if they said "so you're the guy who made the FSX Sludge Hornet modification... we've got some questions for you, pal."

Job Description

Computer Operator I (WD) - Requisition ID 004796
USA-California-Miramar Marine Base

Description
The successful applicant will monitor and operate the control console of the FA-18 Flight Simulators. They will respond immediately to instructor/trainee/inspector requirements for trainer operation and control in support of the training mission, and to enable full exploitation of the  training capability of the device. Trainer operators will meet site established minimum qualifications standards. They will have good communications skills and the ability to quickly enter missions via the keyboard and mouse. Operators will be thoroughly familiar with mission scenarios and be qualified to operate each console for insertion of flight variables, mission parameters, and trainee malfunctions. They must also have knowledge and understanding of Aircraft Avionics and Weapons Systems.  Additionally, they must maintain a satisfactory and progressive performance throughout a developmental training period and continued skill development toward the skill requirements of the Operator II position.  Applicant must be punctual and be prepared to begin work at their scheduled start time.  Must be physically able to climb stairs, ladders, and perform check flights on the trainer.  This position is part time and hours may vary from 0-24 hours per week depending on customer training schedules.

Qualifications
Good communication skills, strong PC skills and ability to quickly enter mission scenarios through keyboard or mouse and thorough understanding of Aircraft Avionics and Weapons Systems. Knowledge of Windows, computer networking, and basic computer troubleshooting skills desired.

Applicants selected are subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to US Department of Defense classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.

US Security Clearance Required:  Secret
Schedule:  Part-time
Shift:  Rotating
Travel:  No

Later
Sludge