Author Topic: Option to disable jetway PAX boarding visualization  (Read 2429 times)

ACSoft

Option to disable jetway PAX boarding visualization
« on: November 22, 2022, 12:27:43 pm »
Umberto,

Maybe this is easy to do, I don't know, but in the waiting of the promised addition in the airport position editor of the possibility to edit jetway PAX waypoints, it would be good if there is an option to disable the visualization of the boarding PAX. Only the visualization, not the boarding nice sounds !

For example, in my BMW969 LFML airport addon, I use the addon jetway gates and unfortunately, the PAX path is too high and I can see the passengers through the roof of the tube. As these jetways do not have transparent glasses, to disable the visualization wouldn't be a problem, but a nice alternative option to solve this problem.

Thanks in forward to take this proposition in consideration.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Option to disable jetway PAX boarding visualization
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 02:21:53 pm »
Way better ask the scenery developer get in touch with us, so we can add their jetway to the GSX internal database.

ACSoft

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 03:20:57 pm »
OK then I will forward your answer to BMW969.

But, what if this guy don't care about GSX Pro and do not contact you ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 03:23:37 pm »
But, what if this guy don't care about GSX Pro and do not contact you ?

Why they should ? It's not as if we require extra work on their side, we only need to know the names of the jetways and their floor height from ground.

ACSoft

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 03:31:29 pm »
I have contacted him with the link to this thread, so we will see if this work.

ACSoft

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 10:36:06 am »
Just updated to your last version 2.1.8 – November 25th, 2022, where I read:
GSX Pro NEW: Added support for Jetway floor heights for various airports by FranceVFR.
GSX Pro NEW: Jetway floor heights internal database can use partial name matching.

Even if BMW969 scenery was not mentioned, I was hoping to have a good surprise, but no luck ! So, I have checked again if BMW969 almost acknowledge my message, but here also, no luck, so I have no idea if he contacted you or not.

So, you see, assuming he didn't contacted you and don't care about GSX addon, in the contrary as you thought, maybe my idea to have this option to disable the visualization of PAX boarding was perhaps not so bad !

Uberto, in my humble opinion, more options you are able to include to customize GSX Pro to our taste or correct specific problems, like in this case, would be a very big improvement of your GSX Pro addon.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 10:37:53 am by ACSoft »

Copper

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 11:20:50 am »
I second this, please allow us to "hide" passengers inside the dynamic part of a jetway, so they just despawn once they reach the customizable pax waypoint's end.

It is in no way realistic to have ALL the scenery devs contacting you to maintain your database - we as profile creators need ways to circumvent this issue since it basically affects a LOT of the airport sceneries and the process of devs providing you data is by no means acceptable for us users.

Profiles are released almost the same day a new scenery is released. Please enable us to make profiles that at the very least hide pax where there is no need to show them (inside the intransparent jetways) if they are clipping through the roof or floor.
Just add a checkbox to the gate customization and despawn them at the last waypoint (if there is any) instead of letting them walk into the aircraft. Easy and sufficient for all of us.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 03:50:31 pm »
Uberto, in my humble opinion, more options you are able to include to customize GSX Pro to our taste or correct specific problems, like in this case, would be a very big improvement of your GSX Pro addon.

Reading between the lines of the release notes, especially this one:

GSX Pro NEW: Jetway floor heights internal database can use partial name matching.

Should be clear we are making PREPARATIONS to allow users to customize this as well, something we already confirmed to be on the Roadmap, the "Ability to specify the Jetway floor height in the GSX Airport profile", of course:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27778.0.html

So no, the correct way to deal with this, is to allow users and profiles creators to PREVENT the problem, not just hiding it and lose all passengers.

ACSoft

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 10:01:00 pm »
Yes, I know already you have the intention to add the possibility for us, the user's, to edit PAX path of jetways. What we don't know is when we will get this. In next updates you say. This plural may mean it can be in months !

This is why I have suggested this option which, I suppose, should be very simple to implement and therefore, very shortly available.

Moreover, when you have totally blind jetways, with no glasses at all, this option is totally justified. Why to display something you cannot see ! Why to loose maybe a lot of time to edit a PAX path, to solve the problem, when a simple check mark on an option box will do the job ?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:30:20 am by ACSoft »

SN737

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 10:35:07 pm »
I second this, please allow us to "hide" passengers inside the dynamic part of a jetway, so they just despawn once they reach the customizable pax waypoint's end.

It is in no way realistic to have ALL the scenery devs contacting you to maintain your database - we as profile creators need ways to circumvent this issue since it basically affects a LOT of the airport sceneries and the process of devs providing you data is by no means acceptable for us users.

Profiles are released almost the same day a new scenery is released. Please enable us to make profiles that at the very least hide pax where there is no need to show them (inside the intransparent jetways) if they are clipping through the roof or floor.
Just add a checkbox to the gate customization and despawn them at the last waypoint (if there is any) instead of letting them walk into the aircraft. Easy and sufficient for all of us.

+1
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:33:41 am by virtuali »

SN737

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 10:38:47 pm »
Yes, I know already you have the intention to add the possibility for us, the user's, to edit PAX path of jetways. What we don't is when we will get this. In next updates you say. This plural may mean it can be in months !

This is why I have suggested this option which, I suppose, should be very simple to implement and therefore, very shortly available.

Moreover, when you have totally blind jetways, with no glasses at all, this option is totally justified. Why to display something you cannot see ! Why to loose maybe a lot of time to edit a PAX path, to solve the problem, when a simple check mark on an option box will do the job ?

And the resources wasted for passengers that are hidden inside a metal jetway. Total waste of fps

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 09:41:48 am »
Yes, I know already you have the intention to add the possibility for us, the user's, to edit PAX path of jetways. What we don't know is when we will get this. In next updates you say. This plural may mean it can be in months !

You are making some assumption here:

- That this PROPER update will take lots of time. "Months", really ? GSX has been out for JUST 4 months, and we already release 28 UPDATES so far:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

- That it would be SLOWER to do than the temporarily workaround you are suggesting. In fact, it's quite the opposite, because since the logic to have custom height obviously already exists, it's far easier to make the proper update, than adding your suggested workaround, for which a new logic will need to be added.

Which is precisely why we ARE adding a way to set their heights in the airport profile, as I've said.

That's precisely what the feature will allow.

As I've said, this is the wrong way to approach the problem, because it will just be another possible reason for "not seeing passengers", resulting in countless of support questions I'll have to answer in the next years.

So no, user-customizable heights will be.

And the resources wasted for passengers that are hidden inside a metal jetway. Total waste of fps

Using this reasoning, airplanes should stop coming with a 3d cabin, which is a "Total waste of fps" during the whole flight, not just during passenger boarding. And of course, now even *default* airplanes ( see the new A310 ) ARE coming with a 3d cabin, because that's what the market wants.

ACSoft

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2022, 04:20:41 pm »
You are making some assumption here:

- That this PROPER update will take lots of time. "Months", really ? GSX has been out for JUST 4 months, and we already release 28 UPDATES so far

The fact you already made 28 updates in 4 months (for which we are all very grateful), does not mean we won't have to wait long to have this specific PAX jetways path edition feature !!!

For sure if you would have said: your temporary solution is useless, because we are publishing the new version with this edit feature, in not more than 10 to 20 days from now. Then, you would have been much more credible !

And SN737 consider this option to be not a temporary solution like I said, but a complementary option, because it is not very optimum or even clever, to display an animations which can't be seen and by the way, dear Umberto, when I am flying, who forbidden me to go in the cabin to salute my invisible passengers ? LOL ! Sometimes, I even go in the toilet you know ? LOL !

I bet that if you would implement this alternative option and simply explain in the user manual that it is a very straight forward alternative (one click !), available for the case of PAX being invisible when boarding (blind tube) would NEVER lead to "... countless of support questions I'll have to answer in the next years", especially if you are clever enough to have this option deactivated by default.

In fact, Umberto, it is just you decided you don't want to do that, period !

Why not, in this case, just say it and basta ? Because, all your last spurious argumentation, trying to convince us that we have had a bad idea, do not convince me AT ALL (I cannot speak for SN737).

SN737

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 05:31:21 pm »
Using this reasoning, airplanes should stop coming with a 3d cabin, which is a "Total waste of fps" during the whole flight, not just during passenger boarding. And of course, now even *default* airplanes ( see the new A310 ) ARE coming with a 3d cabin, because that's what the market wants.

Totally, they should come with the option to disable cabin.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 11:30:48 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 11:34:30 am »
The fact you already made 28 updates in 4 months (for which we are all very grateful), does not mean we won't have to wait long to have this specific PAX jetways path edition feature !!!

The fact you are keep saying that, doesn't mean you will have to wait "months". As I've said, you are making an assumption, while I know what we are working on next.

For sure if you would have said: your temporary solution is useless, because we are publishing the new version with this edit feature, in not more than 10 to 20 days from now. Then, you would have been much more credible !

Your temporary solution is useless, because we'll release the feature in the next update, very likely taking even less than 10 days. Happy now ?

In fact, Umberto, it is just you decided you don't want to do that, period !

Exactly, because I'll be the one that, each time somebody will do the usually incomplete report about "I don't see passengers", I'll have to start the next reply with "have you possibly set the Disable passenger option ?". No, thanks.