Author Topic: Why is Quick edit Pushback so complicated?  (Read 798 times)

737Andi

Why is Quick edit Pushback so complicated?
« on: October 03, 2022, 07:57:49 pm »
Hi,

after reading the manual I figured out how to use the quick edit pushback option. But why is it not possible to set the green plane position with the mouse and just hit enter at the end. Instead I need to use the arrow keys and F7&F8 or Num Pad 1&3. Way too conplicated for my taste.
It would be awesome to have the mouse control option back as it existed under Prepar3d.

Thank you!

Best regards Andi

Phil7789

Re: Why is Quick edit Pushback so complicated?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 08:58:16 pm »
This has been explained several times it is a limitation by MSFS and cannot be currently used (in the 3D view).
It has been a design choice (which I understand) to not use a 2D view as you cannot see obstacles as good as in 3D.

You can take a look here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26832.0.html

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26591.msg174064.html#msg174064
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 09:00:50 pm by Phil7789 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Why is Quick edit Pushback so complicated?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 02:50:50 pm »
It would be awesome to have the mouse control option back as it existed under Prepar3d.

We had exactly the same interface in FSX ( some key are not exactly the same, but they are very similar ) and no FSX user felt it was too complicated.

P3D was an exception, because there's a specific Camera/Mouse API that works over the actual 3D scenery that is exclusive to P3D (not even in all version, it requires 4.4+), which we used as soon it became available, so we surely plan to do that in MSFS, if it will eventually come.

Lots of developers have asked for a Camera API in MSFS, but there's no knowing IF it will ever be made, and if it will also include Mouse support.