Author Topic: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.  (Read 43610 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2023, 05:23:26 pm »
you know what would be really cool? also see an animation of the crew explaining where are the emergency exits, seat belts etc etc

We are planning a complete overhaul of the crew in a future update.

andhog

« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2023, 10:58:09 am »

Yes, but I'm afraid to do it right, it might require a dedicated add-on, considering the huge amount of new characters animations required. In addition to new crew that would perform things like manual pushbacks pushing the wings on smaller GA planes, there's the issue of having to basically redo ALL passenger animations that are currently tailored for airliners.

I appreciate that it would be a lot of work but this is the number one feature I would like to have. I can do without the push back of small GA, those are usually handled by the pilot anyway. But the VIP services would be awesome, like a red carpet and a black Mercedes Sprinter with tinted windows rolling up and Louis Vuittons loaded into the baggage compartment 🙂

layercom

« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2023, 06:19:17 pm »
Can we get better pushback truck animation logic? They sometime go left then correct then go to the path they need to do.

Same for GPU unit, the animation it reverses for so long before its parked, an better animation like in real life would be cool, right now the path the gpu takes isnt realistic looking they way it backsup etc.

Can these be improved? Arent those animation from p3d now into msfs? Time for an overhaul.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2023, 07:32:21 pm »
Can we get better pushback truck animation logic? They sometime go left then correct then go to the path they need to do.

Please make a reproducible example, with the airplane used, the airport used, the gate and the pushback direction, assuming it was the automatic Left/Right with no custom pushback ( because it will make testing easier ).

Justinthomas7

« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2023, 06:44:56 am »
thank for the reply, hope short-term means less than two years after launch, jk. 

going out on a limb here, but with a large user base with 737 and md80, they want to see this animation come to gsx, rather than seeing passengers inside the plane.

I've been really happy with the progress of GSX MSFS since launch, but this particular issue stands out as bizarre.  I would have thought something as basic as 737 (and similar) refuelling would have had higher priority than some of the new features launched.   I certainly hope to see this before any internal pax animations.

That said, it's up to FSDT to set their priorities, so we are at their mercy.  I still check the release notes for every update hoping to see this included.

Once PMDG release their 777 I may lose interest in flying the 737 and this will become redundant.  Then we'll have the issue of multiple aerobridges which is a much bigger problem without SODE.

mcaparula

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2023, 05:10:20 pm »
I don’t think anyone has discussed the new Self-Loading Cargo and GSX.  Those developers have mentioned that there is not a way to actually sync the two services unless they work directly with FSDreamteam.  That said, they are going to make some additions to work with GSX.  I think GSX can add a couple of things to make this a little easier with SLC.

1) SLC requires the jetway to be connected long before boarding begins. So, I connect the jetway in MSFS for SLC, then, when I start boarding in GSX, it disconnects the jetway.  Maybe give an option so the jetway does not automatically move when you start boarding?

2) Separate Passenger Boarding and Baggage Loading as two separate entities.  SLC usually starts baggage loading a few minutes before passenger boarding.

GSX has been working great for me, and I think you’ve done a fine job with this software.

Michael Caparula

DVA12924

« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2023, 04:00:41 pm »

Then we'll have the issue of multiple aerobridges which is a much bigger problem without SODE.

This. I really miss this and makes loading wide-body aircraft like 747-8, 787, A330-900 that are already available in the sim much more realistic and faster. Plus Aerosoft, PMDG, INIBuilds, Headwind, and other developers are in the process of making or about to release wide-body airliners.

While I don't know about programming, I wonder how difficult this would be for GSX. It already sees existing jetways and controls them, so could it take static jetways and convert them to moveable jetways and control them also? How did SODE do it and could GSX replicate this function in MSFS? From there, the jetway control could function the same as it does in P3D where you tell GSX I want Jetway 1 to door 1L and jetway 2 to door 2L so if only 1 jetway is needed, you just select the one you want to the door you want. I hope this can be done.

Justinthomas7

« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2023, 01:01:39 pm »
I would guess the best solution is for Asobo to build it into the base game.  It's not complex - of other problems they've solved I don't imagine this is incredibly difficult.   I'm still surprised this wasn't included from launch.

It's a fair assumption that even when enabled, any existing scenery would have to be updated to make use of the new feature; we saw that with SODE - still plenty of older scenery (and some new) didn't support it.

I don't think it's reasonable for GSX to have to come up with their own solution as ultimately it has to be supported by scenery developers as well.

steve_multiversos

« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2023, 10:33:41 pm »
Come on lads! I love this mod. When do we get the passengers in the Fenix?

Obviously, there will be bugs; don't worry just release it we can all debug if necessary. :)

Peace & Love

gnunciat

« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2023, 03:15:50 pm »
Hello Umberto!

I'd like to know if is possible to make CDS 2438 air stairs covered or something similar. Basically, you can find only those type of stairs in Brazil.

We'd appreciate that so much.

dudulino2008

« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2023, 03:48:28 pm »
hi, I don't see references to the 3D animations of the passengers, has it been abandoned or is it still in progress? It was truly fantastic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2023, 06:04:51 pm »
hi, I don't see references to the 3D animations of the passengers, has it been abandoned or is it still in progress? It was truly fantastic

Of course, it hasn't been abandoned. We never gave an exact release date, we are only generically targeting sometimes before the end of the year but as with anything in software, release dates can change at any time, which is another good reason why we never announced any.

steve_multiversos

« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2023, 11:31:41 pm »
Charge everybody an extra 5€ Considering Microsoft's policy now. I don't mind paying a little extra to help the company and programmers.

pre111

« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2023, 03:50:05 pm »
Charge everybody an extra 5€ Considering Microsoft's policy now. I don't mind paying a little extra to help the company and programmers.

I Agree.

Mar1881

« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2023, 11:33:25 am »
Hi Umberto,
It has been over 1 year since a "proper VR/Dual Screen mode for the GSX menu" (direct quote) was promised in the first post of this thread, aptly named "Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates".
Updates have come and gone, but VR compatibility was never again mentioned.
Could you please give us an update on this? Is it even being worked on?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Best regards