Author Topic: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.  (Read 43366 times)

fabristunt

Re: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2022, 10:21:30 pm »
Just remove the rear door from the airplane config, no stairs will come.

WebMaximus

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2022, 10:50:55 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Thanks for making sure the marschaller walks to the correct side of the aircraft after pushback.

Will you also be able to fix so they don't clear you left and right while still being at the nose wheel but wait until they have walked away from the aircraft?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2022, 01:24:38 pm »
Again, you are missing my point.  I fly EXCLUSIVELY in the US.  So why penalize me and force me to edit each and every airport in USA that I fly into or out of, just to get rid of the rear stairs which ARE NEVER USED IN USA airports that have jetways! 

You are penalized in your desire to use of GSX by refusing to customize the airport, in ways far more important than the purely visual appearance of a rear staircase that won't even be used by passengers.

And even if you don't want to customize airport yourself (which if you are ONLY interested in removing the rear stairs, takes just 3 clicks), so you are only an user of pre-made profiles, if the rear staircases are really such a big problem for profile creators as it seems to be for you, I'm sure they would already configured the gates as such.

But that's besides the point. My point was JUST to try to make you understand that, customizing ( or using a custom profile ), will enhance how GSX works in ways FAR more important than that nitpicky rear-stairs feature, so it's just wrong saying you are "penalized", for something you are supposed to do anyway, if you really want to use GSX as its best.

Having made my point, it should have been clear from my last reply this feature HAS been taken into consideration:

As you can see from the huge release notes, with weekly updates and sometimes by-weekly updates, each and every suggestion that make sense will usually end up in an update, but we cannot anticipate exactly when.

So why you took an earlier post to say I'm "missing" some kind of point ?

This feature, as my LAST previous post say, WILL be included in an update and, the only thing that has changed, is that now we can even say WHEN: in the next update that will be out before the weekend. The option is already there, we are testing it.

Julean

• The Newbie from 2008 :-)
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2022, 02:53:56 pm »
WAIT FOR THE CAPTAIN ;)

I am soo happy with GSX Pro an enjoying the experience it creates..
I have request that I see others have put, and I like to post it here to..
Because maybe its forgotten.

And that is when boarding is finished, the doors are closed and stairs removed.. That's no good..
Then I have to restart GSX Pro and operate stairs for keeping up to speed with the captain who doesn't want to keep up to speed with the GSX boarding.

A310 and Fenix A320 has a lot of paperwork and both GSX Pro, SLC and passengers have to wait... for the captain

Thank you again Umberto for this addon which give life to the sim, all these fascinating textures vehicles for companies in all the airports and the movements of staff and passengers, and thank you for GSX in the sims through the years. I have been on the journey all the GSX way.

I wish you & yours and fellow simmers also these wonderful persons who makes all these GSX profiles <3

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Julean
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 03:03:34 pm by Julean »
Julean, Frederiksberg, CPH - Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2022, 03:05:58 pm »
And that is when boarding is finished, the doors are closed and stairs removed.. That's no good..  Then I have to restart GSX Pro and operate stairs for keeping up to speed with the captain who doesn't want to keep up to speed with the GSX boarding.

I don't know which kind of situation you are describing.

When you select Boarding, either the Pilots are the FIRST one to get on board before anybody else, if you agreed to them boarding the airplane in the menu that asked you that, or there will be no Pilots at all. I can't see how's possible the Pilots or Crew could end up boarding after the passengers.

Julean

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2022, 03:14:04 pm »
Sorry that's not what I meant..

When the boarding is finished the stairs are removed,
..... before the captain (that's me) is ready to push back.

I suggest stairs can only be removed through
"Operate Stairs" or
"Prepare for departure..."
not by "boarding complete" unless chosen..

All the best

Julean

WebMaximus

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2022, 03:40:09 pm »
Just out of interest, why would you want to have the stairs connected after the boarding has finished and you're just waiting to perform pushback?
Richard Åsberg

moxiejeff

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2022, 06:30:30 pm »
Exactly. No need to change the stairs behavior as it is now. Thanks.

Julean

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2022, 07:17:24 pm »
Yes!!.. Still paperwork to do...  ;)

FlyingDoc9

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2022, 09:26:24 am »
Is there a chance that there will be an option to have baggage loaded manually, direct from a small cart into the hold of, say, a DHC6 or Islander?  I'm sure I'm not alone in doing a lot of short-hop flights with these aircraft.
The conveyor belt is not suitable and blocks the entry door. If I specify 'none' for loader type, then the baggage train stops for a few moments (for each trolley) then speeds off with the baggage still on! And anyway contains much too much baggage for an aircraft taking 19 passengers max.
Your animations (especially fitting the pushback bar) are so good that it would seem possible to have the baggage handler lift the cases directly into the cargo hatch. After all, he already lifts them onto the end of the conveyor belt.

And while you're there(!) perhaps passengers could be made to duck their heads as they enter aircraft such as these, instead of being decapitated as they enter standing bolt upright. Just a thought.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2022, 11:07:45 am »
Is there a chance that there will be an option to have baggage loaded manually, direct from a small cart into the hold of, say, a DHC6 or Islander?  I'm sure I'm not alone in doing a lot of short-hop flights with these aircraft.

The whole GA/small planes world will require a completely new set of characters, animations and procedure that might possibly justify a possible separate add-on, possibly an expansion for GSX.

FlyingDoc9

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2022, 06:38:50 pm »
OK, thanks for that. I suspect there will be many who would look forward to being able to apply GSX to the world of smaller aircraft in a realistic way.

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2022, 04:22:17 am »

re: adding a checkbox to turn off rear stairs 'globally'...
Quoting Virtualli's response:

This feature, as my LAST previous post say, WILL be included in an update and, the only thing that has changed, is that now we can even say WHEN: in the next update that will be out before the weekend. The option is already there, we are testing it.

**Thank you Umberto!**  soooo grateful!! **

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2022, 01:16:10 pm »
Sorry that's not what I meant..

When the boarding is finished the stairs are removed,
..... before the captain (that's me) is ready to push back.

I suggest stairs can only be removed through
"Operate Stairs" or
"Prepare for departure..."
not by "boarding complete" unless chosen..

All the best

Julean

Julean, how are you loading the Fenix?

I wait until GSX completely finishes boarding and then I use the EFB to do an "instant" load in the Fenix. It pops up its own message that boarding is complete. I click "Dismiss" to stop it from doing anything else. 

The 2nd thing to look at is that there is an option in the Fenix EFB to disable automatic jetways. I'm in the middle of a flight in the PMDG 737 at the moment so I can't look to tell you exactly where to look for it but it is in the Fenix options or settings somewhere. I think the Fenix boarding sequence might be removing the jetway, not GSX. For me, GSX always waits until I start pushback before the jetway moves.   
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

Justinthomas7

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2023, 03:40:01 am »
I know I have asked previously if we could decouple boarding/deboarding pax and bags, which you said would be complicated.

However I have since discovered a situation where this is really important - when performing a refuelling stop, and you let the pax off but there's no point in unloading bags just to load them again.

Would it be possible to have an option not to load bags at all - similar to how you have an option not to board crew?