Author Topic: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.  (Read 42695 times)

arpal

Re: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2022, 10:29:49 am »
Hello
Any plans to correct the marshaller's message "left is clear, right is clear" while still being at the nose wheel removing the gear pin?
and also his/her incorrect position to show the pin to the crew (being on the opposite side of the pushback route so then having to walk in front of the aircraft)?

kev649

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2022, 09:50:02 pm »
Hi Umberto

I have a problem with Jetways not quite reaching the aircraft and stopping short so consequently passengers walk in mid air for a short period till they reach the aircraft. This even happend on my payware airports, and before you ask, yes i've excluided the payware airport jetways in the configurator.
Is this due to be fixed with an update or is there anything i can do to fix it. We could actually do with a jetway editor in gsx pro like that which is in gsx level 2 for p3d.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2022, 08:16:40 am »
I have a problem with Jetways not quite reaching the aircraft and stopping short so consequently passengers walk in mid air for a short period till they reach the aircraft. This even happend on my payware airports, and before you ask, yes i've excluided the payware airport jetways in the configurator.

Since it happens with 3rd party jetways too ( it happens with default airports with default jetways ), it indicates GSX cannot possibly have anything to do with GSX, and it's a know limitation of the default Jetways animations system, which can happen even with default jetways on default airport. Fact you call a jetway from the GSX menu doesn't change how the jetway would work, since the only thing GSX does to call a jetway, is just sending the standard Jetway Trigger command, without any involvement how the jetway works ( or not ).

While it's entirely normal that a jetway might not work on a certain combination of airplane, jetway model and placement and parking position, the real problem is there's no way for GSX to KNOW where a jetway docked, or if it has docked partially, nothing in the SDK allows that, so GSX can only assume it has docked correctly, and will generate passengers based on that assumption so, in a way, when you see passengers "walking in the air", passengers are the only thing working in that scene, because the real issue is the jetway docked incorrectly, with no way for GSX to know that.

The only thing you can do, from GSX, is customize the STOP position, to ensure the airplane will end up in a place where the jetway would work and, since the Stop position is relative to the airplane Preferred Exit ( different planes will stop with their own Preferred Exit in the same position ), you can "reasonably" sure if it works for an airplane, it should work with many others. That's why there's a Jetway TEST function in the Parking editor ( NumPad5 while editing the Parking Position ).

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 12:19:33 am »
Please consider my request to add a "disable all stairs"  GLOBAL option for entire world airports - why?  For those simmers who fly tubeliner jets and park only at airports with jetways! 

In most of the world, except for the US, the rear staircase is used for the cabin cleaning crew. Passengers won't use it if there's a jetway.

Since I fly ONLY in the USA, it would be very helpful if you would consider adding a tickbox to the GSX setup to "disable rear stairs" entirely, please and thank you very much.  In USA, I have never seen them use a rear stairs at an airport that had jetways (as you correctly state).  So therefore we who fly only in USA are left with having to disable rear stairs by editing each and every airport we fly to... which is not convenient and a huge consumer of time, whereas from a programming standpoint seems quite simple to do?  Thank you Umberto.

Lorenzo.D

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 09:41:03 am »
please add an option for the quick edit  pushback  function to activate push only when i need not when i push enter to confirm the pushback route. thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 09:49:23 am »
please add an option for the quick edit  pushback  function to activate push only when i need not when i push enter to confirm the pushback route. thanks

You can already achieve that by creating a custom Pushback slot, which is edited exactly like a QuickEdit pushback, but when you press Enter, it will only saved, not performed.

WebMaximus

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2022, 03:33:43 pm »
One thing I would like to see is a "Back" button/option in the parking facility menu. When you have picked one category, there's no way for you to go back picking another category in the main menu as I can see. Other than picking a parking you don't want, then cancel that one and start over.

Would be really nice to instead have the option to go back to the previous menu without first having to select some other gate/parking.

This is the menu I'm referring to

https://i.imgur.com/xSlTos5.jpg
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 03:40:50 pm by virtuali »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2022, 03:43:23 pm »
Other than picking a parking you don't want, then cancel that one and start over.

You don't have to do that. Just press they menu Hotkey twice, which will close the menu and reopen it, without this resulting in a parking you don't want being selected.

WebMaximus

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2022, 03:59:27 pm »
Ah, perfect! Will try that on next flight.
Richard Åsberg

BU830

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2022, 02:52:12 pm »
How about a Push and Pull feature during Pushback ;)

GroovyBear

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2022, 07:24:19 am »
Hi everyone,

iam experiencing the issue, that the GSX Boarding in MSFS and P3D only starts if I do press the ESC Button :/ In MSFS when I do the Pushback in the Fenix A320 sometimes I get a Stall Warning and after that the plane crashes ^^....

All the best and take care.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2022, 09:02:46 am »
iam experiencing the issue, that the GSX Boarding in MSFS and P3D only starts if I do press the ESC Button :/ In MSFS when I do the Pushback in the Fenix A320 sometimes I get a Stall Warning and after that the plane crashes ^^....

I remind you this is not a bug report thread, it's an indication of future new features.

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2022, 12:07:04 am »
What about the File options glitch?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2022, 01:20:01 pm »
What about the File options glitch?

Please clarify what you are referring to.

Darewell

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2022, 02:14:19 pm »
It would be great if we could create a pushback slot directly when we ask for pushback, not having to go through the airport customization menu, it would improve the flow. Especially these days with the quick edit pushback not working sometimes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 02:18:36 pm by virtuali »