Author Topic: XCity Rome plane crash on startup  (Read 20177 times)

liketofly

XCity Rome plane crash on startup
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:39:29 pm »
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and I just bought XCity Rome. Well however I'm not too happy with it since I can't actually get it to run properly. What ever I do (Start at one of the Heliports or fly into the Scenery area) my plane crashes as if there would be a huge crashbox over the hole scenery..... >:( ???

Running FSX with DX10 on Windows 7 and a lot of other scenerys installed which don't have any problems... only this one

hope someone can help....

liketofly

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: XCity Rome plane crash on startup
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:54:18 pm »
I suspect XCity Rome was made well before DX10, I would start by disabling that and then retest.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:18:16 am »

liketofly

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:58:55 am »
Well.... That was fast.. :D

Thanks for the quick response and help. DX10 works flawless it was the fix that made the difference thx again because its only half the fun if you can see the scenery with the zoom but actually can not fly into it...gg

hand
liketofly

Alexmxp

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:58 am »
Hi everyone,

I've just bought the XRome and i encountered problems with Virtuali s.a.s. addon manager. I've also red a lot of posts into the forum about it and i think the fsx crash when starting depends by addon manager.
I use SP1 because the new SP caused problems to other add on installed on my system.
Can anyone help me to fix this trouble?

Alessandro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 04:24:28 pm »
As explained in the Cloud9 page on our site, when you install a Cloud9 product that doesn't have an installer made by FSDT, you need to update the Stand-alone Addon Manager for FSX, the link is on that page.

Note that, the current version of the Addon Manager doesn't run with SP1 anymore, you have to install SP2, or the Acceleration pack.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 10:19:03 pm »
There's a fix for it here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/XCityRome_CrashFix.zip

Hi Umberto,

The problem still persist even after that fix. Try to depart from Ciampino to north and turn left after take off. You'll get the crash again.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 09:54:42 am »
Umberto have you a solution to this problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 10:41:35 am »
I can't reproduce the problem, do you have exact coordinates when the crash happens ?

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 06:59:10 pm »
it happens starting from rwy 33 at LIRA and reaching N41, 48,53  E12 35,26  at 829 feet Mag 327

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 11:14:34 am »
I can only confirm there's no crash at the coordinates you specified, look the attached screenshot. The only explanation, is that you haven't installed the fix properly.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 10:25:57 am »
I see that you use "spostamento rapido". This option do not reproduce the crash. You should fly normally and make sure that "crash detection" is checked under the "Aircraft" realism settings.

For the fix I think is not much else that can be done wrong...I mean they are just to .bgl files to be replaced. I'm sure I've installed it correctly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 10:56:54 am »
I only put the airplane in Slew mode to take the screenshot, I can't see any crashing, and tried to flew for 5 minutes in the area around those coordinates, and of course I have the crash detection on.

I'm sorry, but still can't reproduce the problem, if you are sure you installed the crash fix correctly, it might be caused by another scenery in the area.

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 04:12:12 pm »
Thank you for your time Umberto. That's strange....I've double checked everything again and still have the collision with an invisible object.
It's ended with disabling the collision detection in FSX and FSPassenger.