Author Topic: bglman.dll compatibility **solved**  (Read 13832 times)

gapdblue37

bglman.dll compatibility **solved**
« on: January 30, 2010, 06:18:15 pm »
Hello gents,

I'm running FS9 on Win7 64 bit and I recently purchased this scenery.  When I installed it I found that I could no longer load FS9.  As I read in the manual I did as suggested and removed bglman.dll and bglman.dat from the modules folder and I could sign on again.  I then uninstalled, then tried again, including the standalong addon manager after running my installer again with no success.  I'm wondering if there is another version of the scenery I could try to work with to see if it is compatible with Win 7.  Any other ideas also welcome. 

Thanks,

Norberto "Bert" Rivera
KORD Hub Manager
American Airlines Virtual
www.aavirtual.com
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:40:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglman.dll compatibility
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:16:21 pm »
The current version of the Addon Manager is compatible with Windows 7, any version.

Please, be sure to do the following:

- Turn the Antivirus OFF

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Don't launch FS9 yet

- Configure your antivirus to exclude the following file from scanning:

FS9\MODULES\bglman.dll

- Turn the antivirus back ON, then try it.

gapdblue37

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:25:27 am »
I tried that and it did not work.

I uninstalled the addon manager, turned off my AV, reinstalled the addon manager, added bglman.dll and all the bglman related DAT files to the exclude list on the AV.  When I try to launch FS9 it will not launch at all.  I get an error message that FS has stopped working and must close at the splash screen.

If it helps, I'm running AVG v 9.0.733 and I turned off the Resident Shield, Firewall, Web Shield, and E-mail scanner modules all off prior to installation and left them off until I added the files to the exclude list.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:36:42 am »
Check you have the following file:

Esellerateengine.dll

in the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate  ( this is an hidden folder, you need to turn on hidden folders view to see it )

and check you DON'T have the same file in the following folders:

C:\Windows ( if this is where you installed Windows )
Your FS9 main folder

gapdblue37

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:58:53 am »
Still not working.

A friend suggested uninstalling completely and starting over.  He mentioned something about having to delete a file or files in the root directory, but I don't know where those would be.  I've looked and I can't find any remnants of DCA, ORD or the addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:26:40 am »
He mentioned something about having to delete a file or files in the root directory, but I don't know where those would be. 

Which is exactly what I've said you should check, refering to the Esellerateengine.dll. See my previous message.

gapdblue37

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 06:20:41 pm »
And I've done that.  The Addon Manager Installer puts the file in C:\Windows by default.  There is no other Esellerate.dll file created.  I checked the FS9 directory for it.  I've moved it to the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder as instructed and it still will not work.  This is getting very frustrating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 08:27:48 pm »
The Addon Manager Installer puts the file in C:\Windows by default.

No, it doesn't.

The Addon Manager installer puts the file in the correct folder for the OS used, which is C:\Windows ONLY under Windows XP

Under Vista and above, which includes Windows 7, the Addon Manager installer puts the .dll in the C:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder

I asked you to check, NOT because our installer puts the .dll in the wrong folder, but because you might have run installers for *other* products (including old Cloud9 installers) that use the C:\Windows folder, regardless of the OS, which is wrong.

Are you running the installer, or Windows 7 itself, or FS9, in one of the XP compatibility modes, or the XP Virtual machine ?  This would explain why you have that .dll in the  C:\Windows folder, since your system is behaving like  XP.

gapdblue37

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 09:40:20 pm »
I'm running FS9 and the installers both in XP SP3 compatibility modes. Now that you mention it.  I had run an older installer for the Washington Scenery to demo it before I purchased. (v1.01).  I uninstalled it using the control panel, but it still shows up on the list.  All the program files were removed but it is still listed.  I double checked after uninstalling in C:\, C:\Windows, C:\ProgramData as well as the FS9 folder and there were no Cloud9 or FSDT files left that I could find.  I will try it by turning off compatibility mode on FS9 and the installers and see if that will work until I hear something else from you.

gapdblue37

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 10:03:29 pm »
Well, after a complete uninstall of all FSDT sceneries (KORD and KJFK) and Cloud9 KDCA it now works.  I turned off compatibility mode for XP.  It still would not run, then I tried running FS9 only under Compatibility Mode for Vista SP2 and all is well so far.  I have installed and tested ORD and DCA.  I still have to install JFK, but I don't foresee any problems.  Thank you for your help. :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:14:33 pm by gapdblue37 »