Author Topic: Make Your Suggestions  (Read 5124 times)

jkanold

Make Your Suggestions
« on: August 27, 2022, 01:50:16 pm »
The Application just needs a few tweaks:

1. Split the Boarding into two parts, 1st the Pilots and Crew so they can start to prepare the aircraft. 2nd Passengers, this way one can call for refueling before Call to Board.
2. Make a Button(Option) for Baggage Loading like you have for Catering.
3. Make the Baggage Tugs and Carts start from afar not at the plane. Saves time.
4. Get rid of the time delay before sending the Catering or Fuel trucks, send them right away.
5. One or two cycles of movement on the Catering trucks rather than three. Make them walk faster.
6. Give an overall slider to speed up everything. 1, 2 and 3x
7. Allow for the abortion and immediate completion of any process like you can with the Pushback.

Please add thoughts and further suggestions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Make Your Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 02:52:16 pm »
1. Split the Boarding into two parts, 1st the Pilots and Crew so they can start to prepare the aircraft. 2nd Passengers, this way one can call for refueling before Call to Board.

This won't be done, it's just too complex and would require a redesign of so many parts of the code, that will surely lead to worse bugs.

What we CAN do, instead, is allowing Refueling with passengers on board, trying ways to prevent the fuel trucks not to clash into the Baggage loaders.

3. Make the Baggage Tugs and Carts start from afar not at the plane. Saves time.

Don't understand: how's having Baggage tugs and carts starting from afar would save time compared to having them starting close to the airplane  ? And, they already start from afar, during Boarding

4. Get rid of the time delay before sending the Catering or Fuel trucks, send them right away.

The very small time delay between the two catering trucks ( I think it's a random interval 5-10 seconds ), is to prevent them clash into each others. You would only save 10 seconds at most from the whole procedure if we send them together, but they will clash into each other.

5. One or two cycles of movement on the Catering trucks rather than three. Make them walk faster.

That can be done easily, but maybe some users like as they are.

That's why there's a time acceleration in the sim to begin with. If you want things to move faster than real time, use that.

7. Allow for the abortion and immediate completion of any process like you can with the Pushback.

"Restart Position" in the menu, that's what is there for.

jkanold

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 03:59:24 pm »

Don't understand: how's having Baggage tugs and carts starting from afar would save time compared to having them starting close to the airplane  ? And, they already start from afar, during Boarding
They start at the plane, then go somewhere to get the baggage and come back. Forget the going away, just have them start on the way back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 04:09:33 pm »
They start at the plane, then go somewhere to get the baggage and come back. Forget the going away, just have them start on the way back.

No, they don't. The ones that are coming full are not the same as the ones who came out empty, they are a new set of full carts that has been spawned at the origin parking exactly at the same time you called Boarding, so they already take the shortest possible time they can, unless we wanted to stop coming from a parking, and pop-out somewhere.

Many things that seems "slow" in GSX, is because airports are not usually designed well enough to take into account ground services. In reality, every terminal has a fairly close staging area in which most vehicles would start from, they would never have to run across the whole airport. If an airport is well designed, with group of vehicles parking spots within easy reach of the main terminal areas, as they usually are in reality, everything will go faster in GSX.

jkanold

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 04:11:09 pm »
The very small time delay between the two catering trucks ( I think it's a random interval 5-10 seconds ), is to prevent them clash into each others. You would only save 10 seconds at most from the whole procedure if we send them together, but they will clash into each other.

You are missing the point. There is a time delay from requesting the Fuel or Catering trucks and the time they start leaving from where ever they come from. Simply eliminate that time delay and have them come right away.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 04:24:37 pm »
You are missing the point. There is a time delay from requesting the Fuel or Catering trucks and the time they start leaving from where ever they come from. Simply eliminate that time delay and have them come right away.

As I've said, it's very short, like 5-10 seconds at most, and it's even random so, in some cases one of the truck might start with 0 delay.

vonknauss

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 10:47:08 am »
The Application just needs a few tweaks:

Please add thoughts and further suggestions.

First of all I want the developer to understand that we are amazed about the work that has been put into this addon that adds so much immersion to the sim and that's why we are paying customers. But he have to stop being so defensive  when getting constructive feedback about the product and have definite and negative answers to the suggestions coming. We all want this to be as good as possible don't we?

1. I completely agree and I know that we aren't the only ones with this opinion, for me it would be even better to get rid of the whole crew boarding process instead of this unrelistic behaviour. Isn't the whole point of the app to enhance realism?? At the same time i'm questioning the complexity it would have to add a separate sequence for pax boarding thats triggable by the user (but i'm not a coder) i have a feeling it CAN be done :)

2. Again, it's about splitting up the whole loading and boarding sequence in to two or more user controlled faces instead of having everything being started by one button click, how can that not be attainable?

3. Have to agree here too, why are the tugs standing by the plane instead of just spawning from the pickup point of the luggage? I cant see the logic in having tugs standing by the plane in the first place if it isn't the same ones returning...

7. YES

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 11:41:38 am »
But he have to stop being so defensive  when getting constructive feedback about the product and have definite and negative answers to the suggestions coming. We all want this to be as good as possible don't we?

There isn't a single trace of "defensiveness " in my last reply. I just made a neutral, straight to the facts, exposition of the reasons why things are made in a certain way. Facts are:

- The most important feature, being able to do Refueling while boarding IS being considered.

- All the remaining issues were about delays, in one case you assumed the boarding carts were going back/forth wasting time, I only explained they are not, so no time would be saved, in the other cases, the time saved would be measured in seconds.

- I replied that adding overall time acceleration for GSX doesn't seem to be useful, considering the simulator already has one. There are several ways to speed up GSX, for example by increasing Passenger Density AND the refueling DOES have its own separate Time Acceleration slider.

2. Again, it's about splitting up the whole loading and boarding sequence in to two or more user controlled faces instead of having everything being started by one button click, how can that not be attainable?

That's what I said will require a profound redesign of all services, which will require lots of development time that would be much better spent by adding more important feature. If the REASON (as many seem to have posted) for wanting to do that, is because you would be able to call Refueling and Boarding passengers at the same time, it can be probably achieved in a different way, without the need to split the Boarding process in two.

3. Have to agree here too, why are the tugs standing by the plane instead of just spawning from the pickup point of the luggage?

Then you must have missed my explanation: the ones coming in full are not the ones standing by the plane and returning, they are *DIFFERENT*, the full ones start immediately after you call Boarding, so no time would be saved because they are already "spawning from the pickup point of the luggage" When you call Boarding, you have 4 Carts running at the same time, the full ones and the empty ones, they all start at the same time.

I cant see the logic in having tugs standing by the plane in the first place if it isn't the same ones returning...

Because GSX cannot possibly know in advance if you are going to start with Boarding or Deboarding. You can call GSX at any time, you might have used it on departure but not on arrival, or vice-versa. If you just landed, you WANT to have the Empty cars for Deboarding ready, that's why when a Gate is activated, the empty loaders will be there, it surely wouldn't be an improvement in speed if even the Empty ones had to come from afar.

jkanold

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 03:17:08 pm »
Then you must have missed my explanation: the ones coming in full are not the ones standing by the plane and returning, they are *DIFFERENT*, the full ones start immediately after you call Boarding, so no time would be saved because they are already "spawning from the pickup point of the luggage" When you call Boarding, you have 4 Carts running at the same time, the full ones and the empty ones, they all start at the same time.

Now I understand THX. IS it possible to have the Catering, Baggage and Fuel trucks come from a point much closer distance? It is an unbearably long time to wait.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2022, 04:11:49 pm »
Now I understand THX. IS it possible to have the Catering, Baggage and Fuel trucks come from a point much closer distance? It is an unbearably long time to wait.

It wouldn't be, if airports were better designed. In reality, every terminal has a fairly close staging area in which most vehicles would start from, they would never have to run across the whole airport. If an airport is well designed, with group of vehicles parking spots within easy reach of the main terminal areas, as they usually are in reality, everything will go faster in GSX.

We *wanted* to go for the realism, that is Catering trucks coming from parking of the "Vehicle" type and Fuel trucks coming from parking of the "Fuel" type, and also because lots of users hate when things "pop-up" in front of them.

But I guess we might start to consider "cheating" and, for example, start spawn vehicles coming from afar on a random parking reasonably close to the user.

jkanold

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 04:46:40 pm »
But I guess we might start to consider "cheating" and, for example, start spawn vehicles coming from afar on a random parking reasonably close to the user.
Yes, Please do.

hurfifx

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 04:07:13 am »
Hello, do you think you could implement different walker point for boarding and unboarding?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 09:20:59 am »
Hello, do you think you could implement different walker point for boarding and unboarding?

That's possible.

jkanold

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 03:00:38 pm »
Is there a way to position the girl with pin in hand after pushback to stand on the other side of the aircraft so she doesn't have to walk in front of taxiing aircraft? Would save valuable time as well.

seckar

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2022, 02:14:51 am »

Another suggestion for next update
Add the 'progressive taxi' option when selecting a gate or parking to the follow me car
the follow me car is often  behind the plane od difficult to follow in complex airports
best
Seckar