Author Topic: Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX  (Read 21989 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2024, 11:25:58 am »
Thanks for your reports. In fact, we should hide and ignore that option in MSFS, since you can't really create your own operator livery in MSFS, which is what that option was about.

fafoair

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2024, 09:40:15 pm »
THANK YOU LAUREN THANK YOUUUU!
IS THIS THE PROBLEM! IS YOUR THE RESOLUTION!

Jonath0n

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2024, 07:37:34 am »
Hello!
Almost all the ground equipment and crew are pink for me, and it's quite distracting for when I'm setting up my aircraft.
I was wondering if there's a way I can just download a texture pack, as both the online and offline FSDT installers have been giving me a few issues, and would prefer if possible not to try to deal with them over some textures.

Tried searching for a good forum to ask this in and this was the best place I could find.
I use MFS2020

-Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2024, 04:20:05 pm »
The only possible cause for pink textures are:

- You haven't completed a full install with a full update

OR

- You haven't updated with Live Updater and used only the Offline installer, which won't update textures and model. Before you run the Offline installer (assuming you need it, usually you don't), you must first run a normal update

OR

- You have enabled the "Virtual Airlines override" feature, which is only relevant to P3D

RobVance

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2024, 03:11:40 pm »
hi, i re-installed GSX after completely emptying the directories and full reinstall, and the moment passengers sit down, the immediately become pink textures. Any suggestion what else i can do?  I re-installed now two times and no change
Deleted the directory as suggested but no change.
Rob

davidcherrie

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2024, 10:33:58 am »
hi, i re-installed GSX after completely emptying the directories and full reinstall, and the moment passengers sit down, the immediately become pink textures. Any suggestion what else i can do?  I re-installed now two times and no change
Deleted the directory as suggested but no change.
Rob

I have the exact same issue. Didn't have it on 3.0.2 but since updating to 3.0.5, I now have it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2024, 04:55:50 pm »
I have the exact same issue. Didn't have it on 3.0.2 but since updating to 3.0.5, I now have it.

It should be exactly the opposite: the 3.0.5 installer is able to recognize more unofficial liveries without renaming.

davidcherrie

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2024, 10:03:39 am »
It should be exactly the opposite: the 3.0.5 installer is able to recognize more unofficial liveries without renaming.

What's the exact string that it is looking for that is causing it?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 11:39:11 am by davidcherrie »

cerveza

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2024, 09:04:05 pm »

Good afternoon, I have the problem that has been mentioned about the passengers in pink. I have uninstalled as mentioned.
Uninstall GSX, and confirm to uninstall it, not just unlink it.
- Remove this folder %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache ( if you have it )
- Reinstall GSX, it will redownload everything from scratch
I donwload from FSDT the last FSDT Installer
I have restarted the PC after uninstalling it and also after installing it
It appears active in the FSDT Installer but the icon to open the program does not appear within the simulator
In the location %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache the PackagesCache folder has appeared again but there is nothing inside
When running the FSDT Live Update, it opens but disappears after a few seconds, it does not run it
Can you help me?
Thank you

davidcherrie

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2024, 02:37:28 pm »

What is the string it is looking for? Still have the issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2024, 11:42:27 pm »
What is the string it is looking for? Still have the issue.

According to the release notes:

GSX Pro Change: FSDT Installer now recognize Fenix Liveries in packages starting with "FNX_320", which should allow support of more unofficial liveries with no renaming required.

Which means, the name of the package the livery is located, must be named in one of these two ways:

fnx-aircraft-320-xxxxxxxx
FNX_320-xxxxxxx

If your livery doesn't conform to this standard, you must rename its main folder to comply with either method. If it's already compliant and you still have pink passengers, you MUST do what the manual says when adding a new livery ( which of course is valid after renaming one that didn't had the correct name ), at Page 10:

Adding new Liveries

When you add a new Livery for a supported airplane, you MUST start the FSDT Installer again and enter the GSX Config page, to let GSX modify the airplane files for the Livery variation that has been just added. The list will pause for a few seconds, showing “Seated Passengers Loading”, while it’s scanning for your installed airplanes and newly added liveries.

davidcherrie

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2024, 12:59:14 pm »
After enabling the seated passengers on the PMDG 737s I have, majority of the planes are missing the external model and cockpit dependent on the livery.