Author Topic: Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX  (Read 15780 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2022, 10:24:00 pm »
No need to be rude, I just wanted to make sure since both names indicated being cache folders.

I fail to understand how "I'll quote again the key sentence" can be consider to be "rude". Or is the is the usage of the Bold font, as a visual aid to make sure you don't miss the important part of that sentence  ?

WebMaximus

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2022, 10:29:12 pm »
Never mind, it's just the way you say things sometimes. I've seen this a lot in here and remember this from the past as well. I just forgot about it since I haven't been using GSX for a long time now.

No problem, I'll reinstall everything related to FSDT and see if things work better after this. Regardless, I'm super pleased we finally have GSX for MSFS. I've truly been looking forward to that to happen!
Richard Åsberg

moxiejeff

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2022, 04:52:40 pm »
This is what Umberto does; talks terribly to customers.

For what its worth, objects are missing at KORD -- no baggage trucks are visible, even though baggage is being loaded.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 12:29:46 pm »
For what its worth, objects are missing at KORD -- no baggage trucks are visible, even though baggage is being loaded.

As already discussed in other threads, it seems there's some kind of limit on the number of objects that can be seen in a scene. This is not documented anywhere in the SDK, it just came to light recently, because both GSX but also several AI traffic programs have been released in a very short time, which all increase the number of objects in a scene, which affects more big airports.

From GSX side, one thing to lower the number of objects visible at any given time, is to lower the passenger density. And, if using an AI traffic product, lower the airplane density as well.

Jim bo

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2023, 08:53:53 pm »
Missing stairs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Lowed passenger and A1 traffic densities.  I have tried Fenix A320, PMDG B737 700 etc.
Airports with no jetways. Most of the GSX works but the stair-drivers arrive without any stairs, sitting crouched in the air, so passengers walk up invisible steps.
I have tried changing settings and creating my own profiles and it worked while customising the profile but the next flight it was back to not working.
Additionally, the fire engine is nearly always either total pink or drivers cab is pink. (Not loaded?)
I have lowered: A1 Aircraft density to 8. And most ground items density to 10. Traffic Variety from Ultra to High. Shadow maps 2048 to 1536. Terrain Shadows 2048 to 1024
Even departing from Emmen (LSME) which is a default airport and except for the Fenix A320 I was flying and 1 small GA aircraft, No other planes or equipment (ground Clutter) It is a very sparse airport and still No stairs just the drivers!
Sometimes just by recycling the restart Couatl button the stairs might appear but rarely.
I have now tried for weeks to sort this issue without success. Please can you help?
My System: i9 11900k CPU 8 Cores/16 Threads 3.5-5.3GHz. RTX 3080 10GB Graphics card. Windows 11  Triple monitors.

Jim bo

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2023, 04:15:40 pm »
Solution found. Removed many GSX items and also GSX from Temp folder etc. and then reinstalled using the Mediafire downloading tool and it then reinstalled quicker and solved the problem. The installer had changed with the icon saying "Link" now to "pdf Manual."
I can breath again.
JimBo

Airbus1234

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2023, 08:28:59 pm »
where is the folder you said i haveto delete

Budman58

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2023, 09:03:21 pm »
I recently re-installed the sceneries that I had purchased,  I read the forum about the issues I am experiencing with the Couatl engine.  I have attached the requested file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2023, 02:12:00 pm »
I recently re-installed the sceneries that I had purchased,  I read the forum about the issues I am experiencing with the Couatl engine.  I have attached the requested file.

Your log ( which for some reason you renamed Couatll_MSFS.INI, which is wrong ), shows you have an outdated version, run the FSDT Update and be sure the antivirus is correctly set to have the whole Addon Manager folder added to the Antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

Budman58

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2023, 01:22:22 am »
Where can I find the update?  I downloaded the version on the website.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2023, 01:15:40 pm »
Where can I find the update?  I downloaded the version on the website

Under normal conditions, there's nothing you need to do to find the update, since the installer will always install the very latest version. This is under normal conditions.

When something interferes, like an antivirus, everything can happen, which is why I said to be sure to add the Addon Manager folder to the Antivirus EXCLUSION because, a defective antivirus mistakenly detecting a false positive on the updater, WILL interfere, causing not getting the current version or, even worse, creating a mix-up between new and old files, which will almost guarantee problems.

fafoair

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2023, 04:04:46 pm »
sorry, but why you write %Appdata% i have only Appdata folder without "%"

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2023, 11:24:16 am »
sorry, but why you write %Appdata% i have only Appdata folder without "%"
Yes, go to that folder.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2023, 12:09:06 pm »
but why you write %Appdata%

Because it's the CORRECT way to express the roaming folder without doing something as cumbersome as:

C:\users\YOURNAME\Appdata\Roaming

And then having to explain that:

- YOURNAME is really your Windows login username

- if you installed Windows on some other driver the drive letter might not be C:

- on some Windows version the roaming folder might not even be under C:\Users.

Instead, just typing %APPDATA% will always find that folder, regardless how your login is, which drive your Windows or your user profile is set to, and with every version of Windows, that's why I always use this form.

fafoair

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2023, 08:22:10 pm »
Dear Umberto, I tried to follow the uninstallation procedure indicated here at least 5 times with relative deletion of the packages folder, but nothing. The problem of the pink textures of the two baggage handlers remains. I would like to point out that I do not have any antivirus installed.