Author Topic: Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX  (Read 15727 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX
« on: August 25, 2022, 12:30:15 pm »
If objects are missing or show pink textures and when you call GSX you have errors, it's because your entire gsx-world-of-jetways package hasn't been installed, most likely due to a server problem during the release day. This was indicated in the installer log but now, we updated the installer to make it more clear something bad happened during download. To this this, follows this procedure:

- Uninstall GSX, and confirm to uninstall it, not just unlink it.

- Remove this folder %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache  ( if you have it )

- Reinstall GSX, it will redownload everything from scratch.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 01:02:07 am by virtuali »

Michael Moe

Re: Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 06:41:42 pm »
i dont have that folder ?

Thanks
Michael Moe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 06:44:09 pm »
Then you don't need to remove it, it's there only if you decided to keep the installation files when asked. Since you haven't, it would redownload everything, which was the goal of the removal: force to redownload again, without using a stored package.

Michael Moe

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 07:00:14 pm »
i am lost Umberto :-)

i havent deleted anything  - provice my please with a link to GSX MSFS then ?

Universal installer app starts all over

Michael Moe

Arrabal1968

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 08:34:05 pm »
I have followed your advice uninstalled, I have eliminated the folders and again installed,
Beautiful Model of the World - Lebb Bilbao Airport
gate 2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 08:41:14 pm »
I have followed your advice uninstalled, I have eliminated the folders and again installed,

Check if have both packages installed with links to both in the Community folder.

Arrabal1968

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 06:30:26 am »
Yes, they are installed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 10:41:53 am »
Yes, they are installed

Sorry, I didn't took enough attention to your screenshot: those passengers are NOT coming from GSX, they are coming from the scenery, we don't have seated passengers (yet), so the problem with missing texture is in the scenery.

Arrabal1968

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 05:39:06 pm »
Thank you very much and I feel your loss of time

Jimbo1781

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 07:33:02 pm »
Hello, thank you for the support you give us with these errors, I would like support, as the error continues, I attach images or video if possible, thank you.
Version de MFSM 2020
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 08:01:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2022, 08:03:27 pm »
Hello, thank you for the support you give us with these errors, I would like support, as the error continues, I attach images or video if possible, thank you. Version de MFSM 2020

Your post doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which is about "missing textures".  You have the "can't find valid AFCAD error", which has already a thread for it, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26779.0.html

Posting a video doesn't help here, please follow the instructions on the thread "How to report an error":

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,73.0.html

And post your log in THAT thread, which is relevant to the problem you are having.

WebMaximus

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 09:38:14 pm »
Was just about to post but figured surely this must be an already known and reported issue. Looks like I found the right thread and will do what you suggest, a complete uninstall of GSX Pro and then reinstall it from scratch. Plus removing those folders mentioned if I find them.

What I saw on this first flight using GSX Pro was how passengers when deboarding via the jetway suddenly was walking up in the air after part of the jetway vanished.

I also noticed when the bags were unloaded from the aircraft and put on the baggage cart, moment after the guy placed a bag on the cart, the bag simply disappeared. Meaning I would only see one bag on the cart at any given time. And only for about 1 second before it was gone.

I think I saw a similar thing on departure. Where I noticed how the baggage carts didn't have a full load of bags. Yet, the guys on the ground was able to pick bags from the carts and load them into the aircraft.

I'll do the suggested uninstall/reinstall and see if that will fix the issue.

Finally I just want to say Umberto, I've been within this flight sim community for many, many years by now and have been using GSX (and many other products from you) since way back and I just think it's so cool that we got the chance to experience what we discussed many years back...(or guess it was mainly me wishing for it  ;D ) to have visible passengers that would actually board/deboard the aircraft. Back then, I think you said it's simply not possible due to limitations of the flight sims. Now we have MSFS2020 and right before posting this, I just sat there in the cockpit in VR at the destination gate in Athens and watched passengers deboard the aircraft via the jetway (before it vanished...) and it was SOOO amazing.

I'm so happy for all of us having the chance to experience what is possible today thanks to MSFS 2020. And for you Umberto and what it allows you to do, things you could never have done before in previous flight simulators!
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 10:01:09 pm »
I just unlinked and then uninstalled GSX Pro via FSDT Installer.

Now when I'm looking for the folder you mention, I find this

https://i.imgur.com/qTedbho.jpg

Just want to confirm the name of the folder that should be removed. As seen in my screenshot above, I have a folder called UpdateCache. Where the folder you refer to is called PackagesCache.

Does this mean I don't have to do anything when it comes to removing folders? Or is this folder the one you were referring to, only the name is different?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:02:40 pm by virtuali »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 10:03:35 pm »
I'll quote again the key sentence:

- Remove this folder %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache  ( if you have it )

WebMaximus

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2022, 10:17:18 pm »
No need to be rude, I just wanted to make sure since both names indicated being cache folders.
Richard Åsberg