Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024  (Read 140981 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
After collecting all evidence and reports from users, we can confirm most of the problems users had, were related to their local Cloudflare nodes still outdated, so they weren't getting the same files we had on our servers.

This would sometimes (not always) appear as the Live Updater trying to downloading the same files over and over, which is not a bug, is in fact an indication the Live Updater is working, because it knows your files are old, it tries to download the new ones, but it get served with the same version, so it tries again the next time, and again.

To fix this issue, we made a very simple OFFLINE Installer, available here (it's the same file in two separate places, so you only need one:

Download from Mediafire.com
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fqi00a0noyhcjgm/Addon_Manager.exe/file

Download from Box.com
https://app.box.com/s/qm8yng7m0tcfad9s7vxr19kn61mgabl9

This offline installer will make do until we'll be reasonably sure almost all Cloudflare nodes have been updated. You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Airport Services and Jetways sceneries ZIP files are supposed to be always downloaded, this is normal. Those kind of files are thousands of very small files that compress very well, so we found it was faster to always redownload them as single ZIP files, then check thousands of individual files if they are in need of an update.

Unencrypted versions of FSDT airport files for FSDT sceneries bought on the MS Marketplace will also be downloaded every time, this is also normal.

This Offline installer will only update the complete GSX code. It doesn't contain updates to object models or textures or new operators. Those are only available through the normal online Installer/Updater.

March 21st, 2024

- GSX Pro New: New method to start and restart the Couatl engine, using an auxiliary helper program which will be started by the sim (couatl64_boot.exe), which will monitor the Couatl engine and will restart it automatically. The program will exit automatically when the MSFS session ends.

- GSX Pro Change: Windows 8 Compatibility setting enabled again following user's feedback. The new restart method using the helper program, should fix any issues of the Couatl engine missing on arrival in any case.

- GSX (all versions): Some GSX settings that might affect 3rd party automations can be read and optionally set:

FSDT_GSX_SETTINGS_AUTOMODE = Read the Auto mode services setting.
FSDT_GSX_SET_AUTOMODE = Set to -1 to Disable Automode and 1 to Enable it.
FSDT_GSX_SETTINGS_PROGRESS_REFUEL = Read Progressive Refuel setting.
FSDT_GSX_SET_PROGRESS_REFUEL = Set to -1 to Disable it and 1 to Enable it.
FSDT_GSX_SETTINGS_DETECT_CUST_REFUEL = Read Detect Custom Refuel setting.
FSDT_GSX_SET_DETECT_CUST_REFUEL = Set to -1 to Disable it and 1 to Enable it.

When any of the SET variables are set to either -1 or 1, their fields in the GSX Setting page will be greyed out, so the user will know they have been set externally from an application. They will be reset to 0 when GSX restarts, usually when the airplane is unloaded.

- GSX Pro (Change): Updated manual documenting these new Developer features.

UPDATE: March 11th, 2024

- GSX Pro New: The number of Baggage/Cargo Carts will be variable depending on Payload, using either the actual values in the sim, or the planned Payload on Simbrief.

- GSX Pro New: Passenger boarding sound attenuation based on the internal Cockpit door status added for Leonardo MD8x, Justflight 146 and F28.

- GSX Pro Change: American-style Catering truck can now service airplanes with Services doors starting from 2.70mt from ground (737 and up). Half-platformed version will only be used when the service door height is lower.

- GSX Pro Fix: Calculation of model rules scoring, which resulted in Catering trucks from the wrong region to appear.

- GSX Pro Fix: Search for airplane variations optimized.

- GSX Pro Fix: Removed Win8 Compatibility flag from the Couatl engine, which will fix crashes that sometimes happened when selecting a gate.

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators: AVX (Mexico), LGSTX Services (USA), POI Aviation (Marianas).

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators: ATS (Fiji), Evergreen (Taipei), CLS Catering (Canada), Hacor (USA).

- GSX Pro NEW: Passengers Boarding/Deboarding sounds set to a very low level if the Cockpit door is closed. Supported with Fenix A320 B2, Microsoft ATR, iniBuilds A300/310.

- GSX Pro Fix: Airplane bump with possible disengaging of services when exiting QuickEdit Pushback.

- GSX (all versions) Fix: BELT loader type not selectable in the Airplane configuration page.

- FSDT Installer: Changed Installer to run even without Admin permissions.

UPDATE: February 24th, 2024

- GSX Pro New: New Freeway 2458Pe Staircase, to service airplanes from 737 up to A330. The new Passengers Stair is available in two variants, depending on weather, with the Covered version used when it’s either raining/snowing, or the temperature is lower than 5°C or higher than 22°C.

- GSX Pro New: Support for external add-on packages. Now 3rd party developers can create GSX add-on packages that can be installed in the Community folder alongside GSX, with new custom vehicles and operators.

- GSX Pro New: Support for model and texture custom rules provided by add-on packages, so they can add local and plane-specific vehicle models with their own selection rules.

- GSX Pro New: Passengers animation system improved, with passengers being able to recognize the airplane door and internal ceiling height, and crouch if required (depending on their own individual height).

- GSX Pro New: Height of the airplane internal ceiling added to the airplane profile.

- GSX Pro New: Airplane doors now have a height parameter in the airplane profile. The door editing pointer has been changed, to show a vertical ruler to help measuring the door’s height.

- GSX Pro New: Added airplane type conditions to stairs, to allow airplane-specific stair types.

- GSX (FSX/P3D): Safegate3 VGDS backported from MSFS, to allow Simbrief information in FSX/P3D.

- GSX (all versions) New: Support for airplane groups, to allow airport customization and custom stop distances to be specified in groups, in addition to specific airplane types.

- GSX Pro New: Updated Manual, covering the new features added with this update, and an expanded Troubleshooting section.

- GSX (all versions) New: Two new voices variants added for Deicing with American English accent.

- GSX (all versions) New: New voice variant for Pushback with American English, and two (Male and Female) Pushback voices in Indian English accent.

- GSX Pro Fix: Improved passenger walking and turning when Jetway last waypoint is very close to the airplane door.

- GSX Pro Fix: When Simconnect fail to respond for more than 10 seconds, the Couatl engine will try to disconnect and reconnect entirely and, if the connection still won’t come up, the program will automatically Restart, which should help with the GSX Toolbar Menu being stuck on Loading.

- GSX Pro Fix: To prevent a “Tasklet error” happening when the simulator first connects, but was particularly slow to start, GSX now waits for the sim to arrive at the Main Menu, before doing any activity, which should fix the Tasklet error on start.

- GSX Pro Change: All Airport Service files updated with the latest operators and the new Passenger Stair model.

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators: SABSA, Naabol, BoA, Ecojet (Bolivia), Qantas Link, Winkel Aviation Services (Australia), TDC (St. Kitts Nevis, Anguilla), Caribbean Aircraft Handling (Barbados), Taescol, SAI (Colombia), QAS (Qatar), Gagarin Handling (Russia), MGH Handling, Aeroport (Moldova), Emery Air, ABX Air (USA), Aalborg (Denmark), Kosice Airport (Slovakia).

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators: Etihad Catering (UAE).

- FSDT Installer Change: More optimized handling of Html connections, to speed downloading lots of smaller files, and several speed improvements.

UPDATE - January 12th, 2024

GSX (all versions) New: Pushback "Return to Parking" now always available on every Pushback Slot (Left, Right QuickEdit, or Additional), as long they have been customized in non-Snap mode.

GSX (all versions) New: Warning to wait to start engines until after Pushback is completed in Icing condition has been made optional, with an option in the Airplane profile (to allow simulating different Airline SOPs) and a global option in the settings, which will take priority over the option in the airplane profile.

GSX Pro New: New option in the taxi menu, to Show the parking spot and activate the gate at the same time.

GSX (all versions) New: Added new aural warning message in case the airplane is not parked precisely enough on a Cargo Stand (FSDT KSDF).

GSX Pro New: Added support for Cargo Loaders stopping before an airplane extensible railing on their Main Cargo door (A300), so they can line up better.

GSX Pro Fix: Cargo Ladder stairs used at Cargo Stands (UPS Worldport at FSDT KSDF) animation fixed.

GSX Pro Fix: Prevent error when editing a custom Pushback on a scenery that has been reported having bad data (unconnected links, missing taxiways, etc.).

GSX (all versions) Fix: Prevent error if pushback has been Disabled on gate.

GSX Pro Fix: Error message when bad Jetway data come from Simconnect.

GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators: National Jet Express (Australia), Rex updated logo (Australia), Dubrovnik (Croatia).

GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators: Rex (Australia), Lion Air Group Catering (Indonesia).

GSX Pro New: Updated Manual, covering the Reverse Pushback feature and a list of Airplane IDs used by VGDS, useful as a reference for profile creators.

FSDT Live Update New: The "Exclude 3rd Party" option will now automatically Exclude airports that comes with custom Airport Services.

UPDATE - December 24th, 2023

- GSX (all versions) New: Adding support for Pull during Pushback (Reverse Pushback).

- GSX (all versions) New: Adding "Return to Gate" option at the end of Pushback.

- GSX Pro New: PMDG 737 Integration, added External Power connection when operating Jetways.

- GSX Pro Fix: Jetway connection correctly detected when restarting the Couatl engine when a Jetway is already connected.

- GSX Pro Fix: Several timing tweaks added to prevent editing markers being left on ground after exit any editor.

- GSX (all versions) Fix: Interrupt Pushback before the Tug connects.

- GSX Pro Fix: Fixed FSDT KEYW install detection.

- GSX (all versions) NEW:Added the following Handling operators: Lodz Airport (Poland), Frankfurt Hahn (Germany), ThaiAir Asia (Thailand), Maman Cargo (Israel), London City Airport (UK), JetCenters of Colorado (USA).

- FSDT KORD V2 NEW: Default GSX Profile for MSFS updated with many Push-Pull procedures.

UPDATE - December 13th, 2023

- GSX PRO New: Cargo Airplanes that don’t use ULDs, will now show Packages being loaded with the Conveyor Belt loader, instead of Luggage.

- GSX PRO Change: Skin textures for some GSX Crew characters tweaked to appear less shiny.

- GSX Pro Change: The PMDG integration will not set Payload or Fuel automatically if the existing value is already very close (within 10 kg) of the planned quantity on Simbrief.

- GSX Pro Fix: PMDG integration will default to Imperial Units, to prevent conversion error from Simbrief planned Payload/Fuel, when no saved configuration for that loaded airframe is found.

- GSX (FSX/P3D) Fix: Airplane stuck with simulation Disabled at the end of a Pushback when using a Towbarless tug with the “Pushback Raise” option enabled in the airplane profile.

- GSX Pro Fix: Added exception to prevent removal of support ground vehicles in FSS airplanes.

- GSX Pro Change: Some optimizations in VGDS text displays to improve responsivity.

- GSX PRO New: The “UPS man” character used at Cargo Stands in FSDT KSDF has been remade from scratch for MSFS, replacing the previous version which was converted from FSX/P3D. An update to the airport will follow up to make the feature fully usable as it was in the FSX/P3D version.

- GSX PRO New: Added SWS PC12 to GSX Internal Airplane Database.

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators: VIAGS Handling (Vietnam), Thai Lion Air, BAGS (Thailand), Uplift Aviation Services, Romanian Airport Services, GlobeGround (Romania), LGS Handling (Cyprus), United Ground Express, Flight Services & Systems, United 1970/1990/2000 (USA), Leipzig-Halle Airport (Germany), Corporate Air, Altitude Island Logistics (Australia), UAB Handelshus (Lithuania), Roscosmos (Russia), Sagat (Italy).

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators: Airo Catering Services Lietuva (Lithuania), Cabin Services Australia, Air Gourmet Hellas (Greece).

UPDATE - November 20th, 2023

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Ignore Crew in Boarding/Deboarding option - Enabling it will always skip Boarding/Deboarding of Crew/Pilots.

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Disable GSX in Cruise option - Now can be set from the Settings page, with no need to edit the couatladdons.ini file.

- GSX (all versions) NEW: New Pushback type preference: Disabled (in addition to Any/Towbar/Towbarless), completely disables Pushback on selected gates, without creating a Tug, useful to simulate "Taxi-Out" gates where Pushback is never used, removing the need for profile creators to "hide" the Tug behind buildings.

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators: Malaysia Airports, POS Aviation, MasKargo (Malaysia).

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators: VACS Vietnam Airlines Caterers.

- GSX Pro NEW: Internal Support for Microsoft/Inibuilds A320 V2 Neo (requires SU14 Beta).

- GSX (all versions) Change: Don't ask "Do you want to request Pushback?", on a Parking spot with a "NONE" preference, with any QuickEdit/Custom pushback defined.

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators: Cornwall Airport Newquay (UK), Olsztyn Mazury (Poland), Southwest 1971/2001 (USA), Khrabrovo, Magnitogorsk, Pobedilovo, Roshino, Salekhard, Strigino, Vnukovo (Russia).

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators: Cornwall Airport Newquay (UK), Southwest 1971/2001 (USA), Strigino, Vnukovo (Russia).

- GSX Pro NEW: Updated manual with a list of all current Handling and Catering operators available.

UPDATE - November 10th, 2023

- GSX (all versions) Fix: Airplane lowered back to ground on enter/exit the QuickEdit Pushback editor when using a Towbarless tug.

- GSX (all versions) Fix: Airplane not raised again when using a Towbarless Tug with the "Continue Pushback".

- GSX (all versions) Fix: Correct handling of Audio devices with names using non-ASCII characters.

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Handling operators: Beauvais Airport (France), Swedavia Yellow livery (Sweden), Nas-Colossal (South Africa), Koltsovo, Krasnoyarsk, Murmansk, Novisibrsk, Orenburg, Orsk, Samara, Saratov, UFA, Ulyanovsk (Russia).

- GSX (all versions) NEW: Added the following Catering operators: Brahim’s (Malaysia), Pol-Trans (Poland), Krasnoyarsk, Murmansk, Novisibrsk (Russia).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:53:07 pm by virtuali »

Kai-Uwe

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - Offline installer for the latest updates
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 12:16:09 pm »
Thank you for this file, Umberto.

The way of using confuses me a little bit: I execute the installer and I can see that it copies a lot of files in my FSDT-folder. After that I opened the FSDT installer link and the window opens there I can update and config GSX and the other FSDT-products. Pushing the update-button for GSX a lot of files were copied, but it happens so quick, I can't difference a lot.
Now I'm confused: is the node, where my files were downloaded from an outdate one, so I have older files back again? For security I executed the offline installer again.
I'm not sure if I ever will be able meeting a situation where nothing ill be downloaded after using the offline manager; maybe a half of a day later new files are at the the servers already.

This takes me to a next question: where can I see if my FSDT-products are actually and the latest ones? I can push the update buttons ten times a day and everytime files will be downloaded and installed.

Kai
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 12:18:03 pm by Kai-Uwe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 12:39:21 pm »
That's why I wrote:

This offline installer will make do until we'll be reasonably sure almost all Cloudflare nodes have been updated. You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

This means, until you see the Live Update not downloading anything, because your local node finally got the same files of the offline installer, running the offline installer should be always the last thing you do.

Cyrex1984

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 02:24:02 pm »
Ive tried this but it will download anyway everything again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 02:28:17 pm »
Ive tried this but it will download anyway everything again?

That's why in my previous post I said:

until you see the Live Update not downloading anything, because your local node finally got the same files of the offline installer, running the offline installer should be always the last thing you do.

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 03:03:29 pm »
I understand the way of working of the offlineinstaller.

But as far as I know it is a static thing, containg files from today. If I run the liveinstaller let's say on Wednesday, it will problably overrides the files from today. How will I know then, if there a later (newer) files on the server than today or the node still doesn't contain the actual files yet?

Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 03:10:13 pm »
If I run the liveinstaller let's say on Wednesday, it will problably overrides the files from today. How will I know then, if there a later (newer) files on the server than today or the node still doesn't contain the actual files yet?

And that's precisely why, in the above instructions, there's this line:

You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

I think this information, added to to the previous "until you see the Live Update not downloading anything, because your local node finally got the same files of the offline installer, running the offline installer should be always the last thing you do" sentence, should clarify what you are supposed to do.

jordanal

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 06:15:49 pm »
Thanks, this solved the issue which I've experienced since the day of release.   8)
Regards,
Al

Sinandgrin

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 06:27:35 pm »
I too am wondering how we will know when/if to update from the Live Update tool and maybe I can help summarize what folks are asking here. Please though help and correct anything if I am missing the point someone is particularly after but:

At some point in time there should be updates that you publish which will make the static (Offline) installer files provided here on this thread obsolete / old, correct? We will want to make sure we have the latest version of the GSX application. What will be the plan for distributing those updates to us end users? Will you simply publish another offline installer with the updated files on this thread, or do you think that will happen at a time after replication completes to all the Cloudflare nodes?

If you think it will likely occur after the replication to all the Cloudflare nodes completes, then what would be the best way for users to know this? Will you announce that folks should return to using the 'FSDTLiveUpdate.exe' to get the latest files or is there some way that end users are able to inspect the version of their local files to the version of the most recently published files by the FSDT team to see that an update is required and to know for sure if that an update download completed successfully. I think this has been the challenge with the update tool's current design as the only way to know if you have outdated files that need to be updated is to let the update run and try to watch and see if files are downloaded or not. This is currently further challenged with the Cloudflare nodes not yet in sync causing some users to not receive required files (if I am correctly understanding matters at present).

Maybe a simple enhancement here is to add a product version ID to the tool that shows your local installed version VS the most recent and available for download version.

Also one additional question: When you do publish a new update to the GSX program, do we expect to have a similar issue with Cloudflare nodes being out of sync across the network? Why did we have this issue with the initial release and what should we expect for future incremental updates?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 06:32:31 pm by Sinandgrin »

Er-Ar

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 07:01:55 pm »
I executed the installer, but nothing changed. Unfortunately, I still keep getting the same (Couatl engine hasn't started ) error at all airports.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 07:53:32 pm by Er-Ar »

erichill336

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 08:50:59 pm »
 :( these installers have done nothing new for GSX in fact now its not even appearing to be installed and my universal installer appears as such (see attached with all objects hidden.

Regards,
EH

Doc_Z

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 09:21:17 pm »
GSX now works in MSFS only if I manually start coutal64_MSFS manually.  I don't believe that I should have to do that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2022, 09:39:48 pm »
I executed the installer, but nothing changed. Unfortunately, I still keep getting the same (Couatl engine hasn't started ) error at all airports.

Then you should post your log, as explained in the other sticky thread named "Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem "

Deltaflight84

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 05:17:01 pm »
i try this offline installer but my live update continue to download and then closes (it's like a crash).

Any advices?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 05:28:55 pm »
i try this offline installer but my live update

Please re-read my previous posts: you are not supposed to run the Live Update. The offline installer should be the last thing you do.