Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024  (Read 145040 times)

NinoGZ

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update October 2nd
« Reply #345 on: October 03, 2023, 09:32:09 pm »
At the moment I'm really glad that the offline installers are offeren. Since 2.7.4 most of the addon-ground-handling or catering is not achievable for me from the live updater. I know that there is a node-problem causing this. But without this offline installer I would always get those texture missing failures. Thank you for that solution :)

aseinsha

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update October 16th
« Reply #346 on: October 19, 2023, 09:33:35 pm »
Hi Umberto!

Firstly, thank you and your team for all the updates to GSX so far! definitely one of my essential addons!
With the recent amount of love being given to the PMDG 737, I was wondering if you had any updates on the custom loader (for lower cargo hold areas when selecting a Cargo variant so it's not just suitcases being loaded) and the new fuel truck for planes with low height?

Thanks again for all your work!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update October 16th
« Reply #347 on: October 23, 2023, 02:47:43 pm »
The new Fuel trucks are still in the work, the animation is fairly complex, and we want to do it right.

aseinsha

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update October 23rd
« Reply #348 on: October 26, 2023, 09:39:20 pm »
Take as much time as you need! I'm just happy to know it's still in the works! I just ask to not forget about the non-suitcase cargo loaders for 737 and alike <3

Again, thank you for all the updates!

UPDATE 12/15/23 - Thank you for the cargo loaders! <3
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 02:22:41 am by aseinsha »

steve_multiversos

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update November 10th
« Reply #349 on: November 19, 2023, 08:25:06 pm »
What's fastest way to install GSX Pro? I've spent the last few hours installing now.

Is this normal?

Apologies, if I haven't spent the time scrolling through previous posts.

FoodAviation

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update January 12th
« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2024, 04:00:03 pm »
To update my GSX Pro for MSFS, after installation of Addon Manager from the first page, should I do something more?

Jonath0n

« Reply #351 on: January 31, 2024, 02:07:41 am »
I tried downloading from both the online and offline installer. I am now at hour 30 and at 29% with the offline installer. I have tried re-installing, both the launchers, and gsx multiple times. I have tried de-activating the subscription multiple times, and still to no avail. I have been trying for over a week to get it to download and still nothing. I have also tried running the online download for over 24 hour periods and nothing.

If anyone knows a workaround other than an offline installer please let me know. I have had gsx pro working in the past and it took around an hour to download fully. My PC has since then had a few technical issues, but now that I'm back nothing seems to be working.

I tried everything I could see on the support pages and it didn't fix anything for me.

Jonath0n

« Reply #352 on: January 31, 2024, 02:35:05 am »
Now this is unlikely, but could it have anything to do with my community folder and addon manager folder being on two separate drives?
My Addon Manager Folder is on my C: drive
My Virtuali folder is on my C: drive
My Community Folder is on my D: drive.

Both of these drives are M.2 NVMe drives.

Again, I'm just bringing this up because I'm brainstorming what my issue could be.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:37:58 am by Jonath0n »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #353 on: January 31, 2024, 04:21:40 pm »
Now this is unlikely, but could it have anything to do with my community folder and addon manager folder being on two separate drives?

Of course not, the installer is made precisely to allow this, and it's how my system is configured as well ( Addon Manager in its default folder in C: and MSFS Community in E:\MSFS\Community ) so no, that's guaranteed to be working

Darewell

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update Feb. 24th 2024
« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2024, 07:15:26 pm »
Great update!

Do you think it would be possible in the future to also have ground handlers crounching to not walk through the fuselage when setting/removing the bypass pin?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update Feb. 24th 2024
« Reply #355 on: February 26, 2024, 10:58:12 am »
Do you think it would be possible in the future to also have ground handlers crounching to not walk through the fuselage when setting/removing the bypass pin?

That's another thing this update made possible.

balus

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024
« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2024, 08:18:24 am »
I am unable to use the Live Update tool to configure GSX. Was working fine yesterday and I updated GSX to the latest version.

Today, however an update starts, looks like it is updating the Live Update tool itself, it gets to step 6 of 38 and then terminates.

I have used the offline installer, but I want to be able to configure GSX for a new add on airport, but I can't get past this incessant update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024
« Reply #357 on: April 15, 2024, 11:06:48 pm »
Today, however an update starts, looks like it is updating the Live Update tool itself, it gets to step 6 of 38 and then terminates.

As explained so many times, that's normal, nothing changed, and it always was like this. Each step means you have an FSDT product installed, so it will be updated. So, unless you have ALL FSDT products installed (for MSFS and FSX), you'll never see all 38 steps completed, because it won't try to update something you don't even have.

And, after the last step (of the installed steps), it quits automatically. That's how the Live Update always worked.

I can't get past this incessant update.

I don't know what you mean by "incessant update".

It's not as if the updater starts by itself: it starts when you call it so, each time you call it, it will CHECK for updates for all products you have installed. That doesn't mean it's updating them, but it takes some time to just check.

I have used the offline installer

And in the instructions (top of THIS thread), says that SOME files are supposed to always be downloaded, and it explains why. Again, nothing changed.

but I want to be able to configure GSX for a new add on airport

That's because you are starting the wrong icon. If you start from the "FSDT Live Update" icon, it will JUST update. If you want to configure something, you must start it with the "FSDT INSTALLER" icon instead.