Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024  (Read 144007 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - Offline installer for the latest updates
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2022, 12:35:57 pm »
When will we know all cloud nodes are the same please

Quoting from instructions posted on top:

You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local Cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.

Deltaflight84

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2022, 02:39:40 pm »
How do we know to get the installer Offline Updated?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2022, 04:10:23 pm »
How do we know to get the installer Offline Updated?

You are posting inside the Sticky thread that contains it. First post, of course.

teisco

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2022, 05:07:01 pm »
Not sure how to use this offline installer. In C Program files Add On Manager I see two installers Couatl_Updater and Couatl_Updater2 so which  one to use ?

Neither. You use the installer posted in the first post.

I feel like I am going in circles here. I did download the add on manager in your first  post and it is now in  my program files as "addon manager". In that folder are a ton of files including two execs. So the one I downloaded just replaced or updated the "addon manager" that was already there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2022, 05:14:49 pm »
So the one I downloaded just replaced or updated the "addon manager" that was already there.

The one you downloaded, assuming you started, has updated many files that were already there that might have not be fully updated by the online process so, assuming you started it and it didn't report any problems or errors, there's nothing else you are supposed to do, just run the simulator and call GSX.

Moridin

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2022, 06:58:22 pm »
Umberto,

I do not understand the update procedure.

1. Do I need to run the FSDT Installer shortcut from my Start menu?

2. Or should I run the FSDT Live Update?

3. Maybe both?

4. When do I need the offline installer and why?

5. How do I know when there is something that needs updating? "You will notice when files are not downloaded" - I have NO IDEA when anything downloads or not. I just see progress bars doing something. Can we not have a message e.g. "there are new files, please update"?

I realize this is obvious to you, because you wrote this, but it really is very unintuitive and I just do not understand the update process at all.

Please release some sort of tutorial or step-by-step instructions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2022, 07:13:49 pm »
1. Do I need to run the FSDT Installer shortcut from my Start menu?

2. Or should I run the FSDT Live Update?

There's no difference, it's the same program, the Live Update does everything automatically, the Installer let's you choose what to updated and has many other options.

4. When do I need the offline installer and why?

When your local cloudflare node is still not fully updated, which you can verify if you notice any of the updaters is seemingly downloading the same files, over and over.

5. How do I know when there is something that needs updating? "You will notice when files are not downloaded" - I have NO IDEA when anything downloads or not

Both updaters have a text area showing everything that's going on. If you don't see anything there, just a progress bar, IT'S GOOD, it means your local nodes *are* fully updated so, there's nothing to download. The problem is only if you see the same files downloading over and over, but that doesn't affect everybody, and in a few days it won't affect anybody.

I realize this is obvious to you, because you wrote this, but it really is very unintuitive and I just do not understand the update process at all.

It's extremely easy to use, assuming the servers are not acting up, then all things breaks. That's why there's an Offline installer as an alternative.

Please release some sort of tutorial or step-by-step instructions.

https://youtu.be/24QK9Xkqejg

tangjuice81

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2022, 07:18:53 pm »
Working since the latest patch. Still needs some fine tuning.

Moridin

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2022, 10:19:03 pm »
- Support for PMDG 737-800

This doesn't work correctly for me. I got 3 sets of stairs at the aircraft, 2 doors are open and GSX is still asking me to open EXIT 1 and EXIT 3.

EDIT:

Got it to work by reinstalling from offline installer then deleting a custom profile for the 737-800 which I didn't have, and then restarting.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 10:36:06 pm by Moridin »

pinolo1978

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2022, 11:36:50 pm »
hello sorry, it doesn't work for me, the stairs are off-center. the 737-800 folder in "virtuali" is not there, how can I fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2022, 11:46:21 pm »
hello sorry, it doesn't work for me, the stairs are off-center. the 737-800 folder in "virtuali" is not there, how can I fix it?

That's because internal profiles don't go there, it's included in program, if you run the update.

pinolo1978

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2022, 12:03:14 am »

That's because internal profiles don't go there, it's included in program, if you run the update.
I launched the offline update downloaded at 20.00, it told me that the 800 profile was present but after updating with the offline exe, it does not work the same

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2022, 12:08:34 am »
I launched the offline update downloaded at 20.00, it told me that the 800 profile was present but after updating with the offline exe, it does not work the same

As I've said in another post, I'm sorry, but I must have uploaded the installer without the 737-800 update in it. It's now fixed. The Live Update already had the correct file ( assuming it works from your location )

pinolo1978

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2022, 12:15:16 am »

As I've said in another post, I'm sorry, but I must have uploaded the installer without the 737-800 update in it. It's now fixed. The Live Update already had the correct file ( assuming it works from your location )
i downloaded the exe again and updated, now it works, thanks a lot !!

jahurz

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2022, 03:30:33 am »
Somethings really bugging the FSDT Live Update app. It always crashes at step 1 of 37 at 99% download of the fueltruck.cfg something. This is with firewall and AV turned off and running the app as admin.

Using the latest manual setup installer is the only workaround for me still as of now.