Author Topic: All active Jetways stopped due to Main Module (exe)  (Read 6963 times)

skipy33

Re: All active Jetways stopped due to Main Module (exe)
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2022, 05:56:52 pm »
I remember the first time I've used GSX after the update. It was on a parking stand without jetway and an AI aircraft was standing very close too me (due to AFCAD). The AI aircraft disappeared exactly as the SODE jetway does on other gate.... As a workaround when I'm at a gate with SODE jetway I start GSX boarding or deboarding, the jetway is deleted, I go in SODE menu to reload all and then dock the jetway via SODE menu and it works until the next GSX step (pushback).

Skip. 

hwmertens

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2022, 06:19:23 pm »
Yes, this is the issue that every P3D user who ran the updater is encountering. The manual Addon Manager installer does nothing to fix this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2022, 07:23:35 pm »
I checked your log and it doesn't show anything wrong, other than the sim crashed when you called GSX. The only unusual thing you had 0 payload, was that the case ?

hwmertens

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2022, 07:40:48 pm »
I checked your log and it doesn't show anything wrong, other than the sim crashed when you called GSX. The only unusual thing you had 0 payload, was that the case ?
Was an early morning flight and I entered an empty aircraft ;). Something wrong with that?

Edit:
Tried to move the jetway with 4 to payload, 161 pax and 6.29 to fuel onboard using GSX. The SODE jetway just disappeared as it is now "normal" since i bought and installed GSX pro.
Thanks for that!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 08:08:28 pm by hwmertens »

airbadger

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2022, 03:25:56 am »
What is the status of getting this issue fixed? I get that P3D is all but dead but it would be nice to be able to use GSX again, which many of us haven’t been able to do since Thursday.

trisho0

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2022, 04:41:55 am »
+1. I am waiting for new installers, updates or patches. Jetways still disappearing with FSX and P3D v4 and v5.

Patricio Valdes

kodaryu

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2022, 07:22:00 am »

I have the same symptoms.

BU830

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2022, 10:23:31 am »
Same here.. Obviously a problem caused by the new GSX update - end!

skipy33

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2022, 06:58:13 pm »
You know what? I've just installed the MSFS version of GSX and made a quick test. The first thing GSX is doing when invoking something is to remove all sim objects near the aircraft. A good thing with MSFS because it removes default trucks and stairs around. But why this code is also running in the P3D version???? It's the reason why SODE jetways near the aircraft are deleted. The GSX configuration is the same for both simulators.

Skip.

BU830

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2022, 07:14:06 pm »
You know what? I've just installed the MSFS version of GSX and made a quick test. The first thing GSX is doing when invoking something is to remove all sim objects near the aircraft. A good thing with MSFS because it removes default trucks and stairs around. But why this code is also running in the P3D version???? It's the reason why SODE jetways near the aircraft are deleted. The GSX configuration is the same for both simulators.

Skip.

Possible, maybe Umberto can look into it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2022, 11:35:40 pm »
The first thing GSX is doing when invoking something is to remove all sim objects near the aircraft. A good thing with MSFS because it removes default trucks and stairs around. But why this code is also running in the P3D version???? It's the reason why SODE jetways near the aircraft are deleted. The GSX configuration is the same for both simulators.

I think you caught that! Yes, we made a change and before we removed only groundvehicles in P3D, in MSFS we remove everything, because there are humans, ai planes, static planes, etc.

I've added back the "only ground vehicles" rule, in FSX/P3D only. Try to get it from Live Update, so we can test if it's working, otherwise I'll place the fix in the offline installer and rebuild it.

The Live Update is supposed to download these two files:

\Addon manager\Couatl\common\__INIT__.PYE
\Addon manager\Couatl\GSX\__INIT__.PYE

Peter Lund

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2022, 11:44:52 pm »
The first thing GSX is doing when invoking something is to remove all sim objects near the aircraft. A good thing with MSFS because it removes default trucks and stairs around. But why this code is also running in the P3D version???? It's the reason why SODE jetways near the aircraft are deleted. The GSX configuration is the same for both simulators.

I think you caught that! Yes, we made a change and before we removed only groundvehicles in P3D, in MSFS we remove everything, because there are humans, ai planes, static planes, etc.

I've added back the "only ground vehicles" rule, in FSX/P3D only. Try to get it from Live Update, so we can test if it's working, otherwise I'll place the fix in the offline installer and rebuild it.

The Live Update is supposed to download these two files:

\Addon manager\Couatl\common\__INIT__.PYE
\Addon manager\Couatl\GSX\__INIT__.PYE

I just tried running the live updater and my issues in P3D is now solved and the SODE gate works again  :D

marco goncalves

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2022, 12:29:58 am »
So your able to call all GSX services just like before ?

All is working ?

You just run the update tool ?

Papacoach

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2022, 01:50:25 am »
Working here too! Thanks very much to the user(@skipy33) for their contribution, and to Umberto.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 02:13:31 am by Papacoach »

jalbino59

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2022, 02:06:00 am »
Thank you to skipy33 for identifying the fault in the logic that lead to this fix. Without your contribution it might have taken much longer. KUDOS