Author Topic: Thread for refueling Issues following the SODE gateways fix  (Read 2089 times)

ltforce

Thread for refueling Issues following the SODE gateways fix
« on: August 24, 2022, 06:08:58 am »
Summary of some of the refueling issues I've observed following clean install of GSX and running live update. This was done after the "only ground vehicles" correction was released by Umberto for the SODE gateways disappearing act.

Tested on PMDG 737, FSLABS 320 and QW 787
P3D 5.3

(UNDERGROUND REFUELING ONLY ISSUE/ ABOVE GROUND TANKER APPEARS TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY...  but did limited testing thus far)

- Fuel Tanker arrives at side of aircraft, but not to aircraft x,y,z fuel port as defined in gsx.cfg for respective aircraft.
- After arrival there are no refueling crew animations (result of the above point likely)
- Refueling does then start and is communicated via gsx progress messages , however once the intended fuel completes loading GSX freezes and am unable to open the GSX youcontrol window or restart Couatl. Any other GSX active processes also freeze (ex if catering was happening in tandem, or passenger loading.)

If anyone else could confirm these findings would be great.

Logs attached. Very reproducible error on my end, seems to be an attribute error for the fuel truck animation maybe based on the logs?

BU830

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:37:58 am by BU830 »

ocndvr80

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Thread for refueling Issues following the SODE gateways fix
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 02:20:00 pm »
There's no need to prove further confirmation, the problem can be replicated and we are working on it right now.

gregoryv

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 07:40:43 pm »
There's no need to prove further confirmation, the problem can be replicated and we are working on it right now.
Dear Umberto,
I wanted to do a flight today but encountered the same issues. I am not talking about wrong refueling truck position or missing animations.
The refueling is never ends! I cannot disable GSX or restart couatl. GSX is completely stucked.
Boarding and push back cannot be requested.
Another flight ruined.
I know you are very busy but do you have any estimation date to bring p3d version to working state again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 08:23:24 pm »
I don't know what else I can say, other than we are working on a fix for the refueling truck. And then we'll proceed to other issues.

danny390

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 01:22:55 am »
Dear Umberto,
I wanted to do a flight today but encountered the same issues. I am not talking about wrong refueling truck position or missing animations.
The refueling is never ends! I cannot disable GSX or restart couatl. GSX is completely stucked.
Boarding and push back cannot be requested.
Another flight ruined.
I know you are very busy but do you have any estimation date to bring p3d version to working state again?

For me it's been possible to restart couatl after fuelling is finished if you briefly switch p3d to windowed mode, and in the bottom right corner right click on the couatl logo and restart it from there, which seems to still work even when the menu in the sim freezes. Not a total fix, but that may allow you to at least continue your flight. (Although I got ground power cut off by restarting gsx, so start the APU first!)

jalbino59

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 03:05:20 pm »
I posted this info in another thread and I didn't want to double post.  Just in case FSDT hasn't noticed http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26815.msg176352.html#msg176352

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 06:44:25 pm »
The fix for the Fuel Hydrant Stuck is online now with the FSDT Live Update. It's supposed to download two files:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR\FSDT_Man_Fuel_Hydrant\sim.cfg
Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR\FSDT_Man_Fuel_Hydrant_Help\sim.cfg

Adam66

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 07:09:41 pm »
Is that via your download link on google drive or via live update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 07:34:58 pm »
It's only in Live Update, we need to start testing if the server are getting up to speed, if they aren't, I'll post the files here, because they are not really part of the GSX code, they are two Simobject .CFG files.

jalbino59

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »
Just updated via Universal Installer.  Refueling seems to be working nicely now.  Also loaded in at Flightbeams KPDX and that was ok as well.  I'll try at KSFO and KDEN.

Edit.

Tried this solution and it seems to have restored all gates for
F'beam airports KSFO, KIAD, KDEN and KMSP sceneries on P3D5
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26853.msg176454.html#msg176454

Todays live update seems to have fixed the fueling and the previous update took care of the disappearing jetways so GSX seems to be fully restored and working on my system. Thanks to the developer, and especially to the community members. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 09:33:37 pm by jalbino59 »

gregoryv

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 10:37:11 pm »
The fix for the Fuel Hydrant Stuck is online now with the FSDT Live Update. It's supposed to download two files:

Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR\FSDT_Man_Fuel_Hydrant\sim.cfg
Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR\FSDT_Man_Fuel_Hydrant_Help\sim.cfg
Thanks Umberto,
Refueling truck position is correct now , simulation works and refueling process finished without any issue.