Author Topic: Third GSX Preview in MSFS: Airport Customization  (Read 23075 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Third GSX Preview in MSFS: Airport Customization
« on: June 30, 2022, 11:22:47 am »
Here's a quick, raw and unedited video, showing some features of the Airport Customization options in GSX for MSFS.

We are working on making full GSX customizations for all our airports, in this case KCLT, so they can show the full range of its features.

airbadger

Re: Third GSX Preview in MSFS: Airport Customization
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 01:00:53 pm »
Looks good. What camera does GSX use in the editor mode, or are you able to be in drone mode while editing?

DarrianCZE

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 01:36:31 pm »
Umberto, awesome! I am a happy GSX user since the FSX days, so my heart melts when seeing this in MSFS.

I know you get this question a lot, but do you have any rough idea about the release date? Can't wait to have it, especially because the default MSFS ground handling totally sucks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 01:44:30 pm »
Looks good. What camera does GSX use in the editor mode, or are you able to be in drone mode while editing?

Yes, we use the standard Drone camera.

Nimic

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 07:43:21 pm »
There is a question that is haunting me since a lot of time: Will GSX be able to provide ground services in every gate/ramp type? For exemple, in MSFS by default ramp services are available only for Gates and Ramp GA Large, which is a nightmare if developers create their sceneries with only medium/small ramps (mostly ignoring this limitation).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 08:21:46 pm by Nimic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 02:11:58 am »
Not only GSX is basically unaffected by the Parking Type set by the developer ( the only exception is Cargo / Not Cargo ), but you can even override it from the GSX customization menu, which again is mostly used to fix parking spots flagged as Cargo when they shouldn't or vice-versa not flagged as Cargo when they should.

Other than the Cargo/Not Cargo feature, GSX doesn't do any assumptions on the Parking Type. The vehicles starting position will be affected by the parking radius, but that's another thing that can be customized as well.

Thomasba

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 11:06:44 am »
Bravo! Umberto, this looks amazing. I've been missing this since moving over to MSFS. I cannot wait.
Regards
Brian

Alex

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 04:54:01 pm »
I’m very excited for this to come out for MSFS! As I’m slowly making the transition, GSX has been very missed. I’m hoping the jetways will be included as well, but not sure if that’s dependent on SODE in MSFS as well. This will definitely be a day 1 purchase for me!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 05:21:00 pm »
I’m hoping the jetways will be included as well, but not sure if that’s dependent on SODE in MSFS as well.

Yes, Jetways will be included, so you'll have multiple model variations, each one with more than 300 different operator logos, and some color variations as well. However, they will operate just like default jetways, but it is an improvement over the *single* model offered by default.

To have full user customization and feature like more than a jetway per gate, we'll have to wait for SODE to eventually appear for MSFS.

Alex

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 06:39:02 pm »
I’m hoping the jetways will be included as well, but not sure if that’s dependent on SODE in MSFS as well.

Yes, Jetways will be included, so you'll have multiple model variations, each one with more than 300 different operator logos, and some color variations as well. However, they will operate just like default jetways, but it is an improvement over the *single* model offered by default.

To have full user customization and feature like more than a jetway per gate, we'll have to wait for SODE to eventually appear for MSFS.

That’s awesome to hear! Very exciting indeed!

f_tony

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 10:00:45 am »
I really can't wait for the release of this great mod! Hope you can soon give us info about the price, what to expect and what not to expect (of course, compared to the GSX we used in P3D). Furthermore, it would be great to have a preview of the passengers and the various staff. Thanks and really hope to hear from you very very soon!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 02:00:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 02:04:45 pm »
The price will be similar to current GSX, but there will be a lot more value in it, because many features which were only available with GSX L2, like Passengers, replacement Jetways and the Fuel Hydrant, will all be part of the Base product.

Also, the base product will also replace all default Ground Vehicles, on a Global basis, without being constrained by the limited "Regions" system, and they will serve AI airplanes as well, something GSX never did before.

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 06:33:28 am »
I've probably watched this video around 10 times and still cannot believe how beautiful it looks and the amazing features there will. Even though I know FSDT is working hard and that lot of requests in the devsupport forum is being rejected by Asobo (I've read multiple issues and features brought up by virtuali in devsupport forum of MSFS), I just wish that the development was faster. The fact that we will not see this before 2024 is very sad and disappointing. Maybe FSDreamteam should consider expanding to expedite development cycle and develop new projects. I hope this does not turn into another A320-X where we wait 4-5 years for release...

jgoggi

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 09:08:23 am »
2024? GSX not before 2024? Are you crazy?
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 09:38:52 am »
I just wish that the development was faster. The fact that we will not see this before 2024 is very sad and disappointing.

And who, exactly, told you it won't be seen before 2024 ? Especially when I personally confirmed it would be out THIS SUMMER ? That hasn't changed, and the product will be out in the next weeks.