Author Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 53274 times)

coreyc84

Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2023, 12:13:31 am »
How do you install just a specific region for FMS data through navigraph?

teli

« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2023, 12:25:58 pm »
I do not have 2212 anymore. What I have done was to uninstall the 2213 update and then reinstall it only for Europe.

Regards,

Domingos

Many thanks for your precious help.
I followed your procedure and now gsx is working again. You are much more efficient than the fsdt support.
Have any of you tried the 2213 -R2 from aero.sors? I haven't had a chance yet because I'm away from home, but maybe the R2 version doesn't interfere with the gsx.
Thank you in advance for the information

dnunes

« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2023, 02:23:15 pm »
I haven't tried R2. As Europe is enough for me, I will keep my system as it is now and wait until next AIRAC.

Regards,

Domingos

teli

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2023, 09:41:15 am »
I haven't tried R2. As Europe is enough for me, I will keep my system as it is now and wait until next AIRAC.

Regards,

Domingos
Thank You, i will stay with Europe as well

Dantheman77

« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2023, 04:51:14 am »
Anyone else having issues with flying to airports that have gsx jetways and having to rebuild the cache for them to work properly or show up??

I’m having this issue and I’m on the latest version of gsx (using p3dv4)

dnunes

« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2023, 04:21:46 pm »

Regards,

Domingos

There is now an R3 version. I may give it a try.

ongara

« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2023, 05:20:09 pm »
Good evening,

I still have big problems to let GSX (P3Dv4) work again. It did for many years but suddenly i got problems with Couatl disapearing from the simulator program. I tried and tried to do all the thing named in this subject but nothing worked till this far. After installation i see a little icon in 'show hidden icons'  but when i go there with my mouse pointer it is gone? When i go to addon manager in program files and click on the coualt it is back again but nothing happens when i click start again. In the task manager i see it is not there running in Processes? When i go to addon manager inside the simulator and want to put the key i get the black Couatl scripting engine message? I did all the things mentioned in this subject about the virus scan. Again it worked but somehow it stopped and it is driving me crazy. Maybe i forgot something small again to let it work but for now i do not know what to do anymore.

Kind regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2023, 06:17:06 pm »
I still have big problems to let GSX (P3Dv4) work again.

Your screenshot shows you have a fairly old version of the program: the current build of the 64 bit version of Couatl for P3D is 4.8.0.5086, which is normally impossible to get unless:

- you never updated GSX in a while

OR

- you tried to update, but your antivirus/firewall has blocked the update. Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusions, then run the FSDT Live Update again.

ongara

« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2023, 07:50:49 pm »
Good evening,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is a fairly old version of the program because i clicked on the folder couatl in Addon manager. the next folder is couatl64 with the new installer.
I removed everything again. Turned of Windows security and firewall. Removed this time P3Dv4 cfg file. Installed GSX with the P3D exe from your website. Restart the PC update through FSDT Live update and if i have a look in FSDT Installer everything is checked and active. Start P3Dv4 and... nothing. It will not work. I blocked the addon files and did waht was descripted in the forum but nothing. Coautl will not run. Do i need to add something extra in the add-on xml? in programData or in user App Data. This is keeping me busy for one week and i do not know what to do anymore.

Kind regards
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 08:58:46 pm by ongara »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2023, 10:48:18 pm »
You don't say if you managed to get the correct version now.

ongara

« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2023, 11:38:26 pm »
Hi, i did mention this in my last reply. The couatl picture attachment was about the couatl in the folder couatl. The other folder is couatl 64 with 2 couatl exe in it. These are the latest i asume. I use the version of Fsdreamteam website. The couatl ini file is not giving you any info?
Yesterday i also executed the GSX exe base installer again out of dispare and this was the only time i got to see the building data base again. The next start P3Dv4 today and nothing again.
Kind regards

Viggi

« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2023, 05:41:01 pm »
It's actually incredible how complicated the FSDT sytem is, like they couldn't come up with a better idea on how to activate products. I'm fed up with this nonesense

ongara

« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2023, 06:04:38 pm »
GSX is a very nice addon but i agree when there is a problem it becomes difficult. Most of the time it is the Couatl who is giving headache. I got it back working again but as soon i use window to for example reset aircraft position the aircraft will jump in place again but GSX is gone. Using the Couatl restart will not work again. I restart the pc and it will work again but i am affraid to do changes again

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2023, 07:57:44 am »
I seem to be having the same issue with activation as others.  I went thru most of this thread and installed the Universal Installer again, Activation from the Universal Installer works, but when I enter the P3D V5.3 and select Add-On manager it shows the products I "Activated" as in "Trial mode"?

Any thoughts on how to resolve, like I said, I've tried everything mentioned here and running Win11 defender only and have firewall exception for Couatl.exe (both of them for P3D and MSFS).

Recommendations on how to proceed?

Cheers, Rob.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2023, 11:45:49 am »
It's actually incredible how complicated the FSDT sytem is, like they couldn't come up with a better idea on how to activate products. I'm fed up with this nonesense

What's really incredible, instead, is how somebody couldn't not realize how extremely easy and user friendly the FSDT system is. Your mistake might be confusing a software PROBLEM caused by OTHER interfering software, most likely the antivirus.

Because, if nothing external interferes, it's obviously the activation is criminally easy.