Author Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 53272 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2022, 12:59:40 pm »
Whenever I had into the addon manager in the sim to activate the serial, it said the couatl engine has not started.

The first reply in this very post provided a solution that seem to work for most users, that's why this topic has been made sticky and flagged as Solved. Here's a link to the top of the thread, which shows the solution:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25999.msg170573.html#msg170573

Christoph

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2022, 11:43:27 pm »
Hello,

I used an older version of GSX successfully for quite a long time. Some days ago, I realized that Live Update did not work any more, it crashed after a very short time without finishing its work (maybe because I had updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11?). So, I uninstalled GSX, downloaded the newest version from your website and installed that one. Unfortunately, the re-installation did not make the Live Update work, it still crashes after a short time, and so does the Universal Installer. The crash comes so quickly that I have no chance to read where it happens.

Now, I even realized that GSX is not available any more from the P3D Addons menu, and when I try to register gsx from within that menu, I get the error message from the subject of this thread. As I uninstalled my antivirus software and additionally deactivated Windows Defender, this is surely not a problem with antivirus software.

Regards
  Christoph 

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2022, 12:40:54 am »
Christoph, define crash. From what I understand, it automatically closes after it completes all updates, and if you don't own every FSDreamteam product, it won't complete every step since it obviously can't update a product that isn't installed.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2022, 02:08:26 am »
Does the Universal Installer starts if started from the "FSDT Installer" icon ?

Christoph

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2022, 10:33:06 am »
Crash means that the program is ended already when the progress bar is near zero.

The Universal Installer crashes when I start it from the desktop icon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2022, 10:43:48 am »
The Universal Installer crashes when I start it from the desktop icon.

Please confirm if you started it from the "FSDT Installer" icon and not from the other "FSDT Live Update" icon.

Christoph

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2022, 10:55:02 am »
No matter if I start it from the FSDT Installer icon or from the Live Update icon, it fails in both cases.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2022, 12:28:24 pm »
Just so be sure, try to download the Universal installer again, the latest version which supports our latest airport ( LFNC ), you should recognize it from the readme file at start.

Christoph

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2022, 01:02:50 pm »
Ah, thanks. I had thought that the newest Universal Installer version is already included in the latest GSX version. Now, updates work as well as the GSX items in the P3D addon menu.

CaptOwen

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2022, 05:59:33 pm »
Hi all,

Just want to add that the Universal Installer tool worked for me. For anyone unsure (I'll admit at being a little unsure at first):

1) Install GSX via the normal installer
2) Download and install the universal installer
3) Download and apply any updates from within the universal installer.

As soon as I launched the sim, COATL did its thing and works perfectly.

Kind regards,

Owen

d_stickman

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2022, 04:44:40 pm »
Was having the same issue as described above and the Universal Installer did the trick for me as well. I was pulling my hair out before doing the smart thing and going to the forums.

KeDoG3

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2022, 01:51:02 am »
So I followed the same solution advice and downloaded the Universal installer but still am running into GSX L1 and L2 not running. When I restart Couatl I get the same error message. This only happened after buying DFW and I can replicate it at LAX and ORD as well.

Hawk

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2022, 03:49:44 am »
Having a similar problem...but not the same.  Couatl launches but doesn't exit. This has happened recently.  When I launch GSX customize Airport positions the green Couatl scripting engine icon appears in my task bar.  When I then select customize Parking positions option the couatl icon disappears from my task bar, and I see the normal layout for adjusting parking position, jetway position, etc. and Couatl places me in slew mode.  After I finish with adjustments I press "Y" to Exit and nothing happens.  I remain in the edit mode but no longer in Slew.  The only way out of edit mode is to go to the add-ons menu and re-launch GSX customize Airport positions.  That puts me back at the main option screen where I can add more jetways or exit. This also makes the green Couatl icon re-appear in the task bar.  Other than that it seems to work normally and it appears to save my new settings.  It is the strangest thing.  I followed this thread and downloaded the universal installer and ran updates without issue but I am still having this issue.  Any ideas?

Prepar3DV5, Windows 10, 128GB RAM, Nvidia 2080 Ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2022, 11:31:53 am »
Having a similar problem...but not the same

Your problem not similar at all. It doesn't have anything to do with anything that has been discussed here.

Couatl launches but doesn't exit. This has happened recently.

That's not what happens, according to your report. "Couatl exit", means the program closing itself automatically when exiting the simulator. That's the one and only time in which Couatl is supposed to exit.

When I launch GSX customize Airport positions the green Couatl scripting engine icon appears in my task bar.  When I then select customize Parking positions option the couatl icon disappears from my task bar

Ok, I understand where your confusing came from. You assumed that Couatl started with the editor, because you saw the icon appear in the Taskbar and you assumed it was supposed to exit because the icon disappears. That's not the case, Couatl didn't started at that time and didn't exit at that time, and it was never supposed to "exit". The icon you see is NOT the icon of the program itself, it's the icon of the editor Dialog, which happens to be the same as the Couatl program (because it belongs to it), but it doesn't indicate in any way the running status of the couatl program ITSELF.

The one and only way for you to know if Couatl started ( when starting the sim ) or Exited ( when closing the sim ), is checking the Task Manager, that will tell you about the Couatl program ITSELF.

After I finish with adjustments I press "Y" to Exit and nothing happens.  I remain in the edit mode but no longer in Slew. 

Exactly so no, you problem is not the Couatl is not exiting, since at that time is not supposed to exit, but some kind of error must have happened when you pressed the Y key to return to the dialog.

If you have logging enabled in the GSX Settings, exit the sim immediately as soon you see the editor "stuck" the way you describe, and see if there's a log there.

Also, because your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread, DO NOT reply here but, instead, open a new thread with a proper title describing your problem with the EDITOR, eventually post your LOG file there.

yurirodin

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2022, 10:27:21 pm »
Hello,

GSX and other add-ons have been working fine in P3D v5.3, but right after I installed Hawaii Airports Vol 1 no FSDT products are working and when I go into Addon Manager in the menu I get the Anti-Virus message posted earlier in this thread. I have tried running Live Update and FSDT Installer but they are crashing after I try to open them. I'm attaching the couatl.log file.