Author Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 53235 times)

GoNufer

Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2022, 02:55:30 pm »
A miracle is still happening.
It still worked.
I hope you can now use this Couat.LOG file. do something.
Thank you again for your patience
But how can I upload the whole LOG File?
Gonufer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2022, 03:00:37 pm »
A miracle is still happening.

Surely it's not a miracle, is that you finally did exactly what I told you to do.

But how can I upload the whole LOG File?

You don't know that, because you didn't pay attention to the last line of my previous instructions:

DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

GoNufer

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2022, 07:08:28 pm »
Here is the required Couatl Log. File

DomNick

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2022, 07:48:30 am »
Hello,

have tried for many hours to install into P3D V5. Same error message about COUATL not being loaded when clicking Addon Manager.

- As described here also used the Universal Installer
- There is no more AntiVirus at this point, completely uninstalled
- I did create a logfile, see below
- Not sure if that is of relevance but I do have MSFS installed in D:\FS2020 and P3D in D:\P3DV5. Somehow the MSFS path is listed in the log file even though I am 100% sure that I did not select it anywhere in the installation process.

Thanks for the help

Code: [Select]
Python 2.7.16 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Mar  9 2019, 21:32:11) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v4.0 (build 4475)
log started on Sun Mar  6 07:37:58 2022

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
connected to bglmanx
View changed to Virtual Cockpit
Simulator version: 5 3 17 28160
Running in mode: Prepar3D v5 (bglmanx setting)
RunningMode::pathToInstalledPackages D:\FS2020
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Added Menu Item "Couatl settings" (id 68)
Addon common loaded
Loading addon LiveUpdate
Added Menu Item "Couatl Live Update" (id 70)
Added Menu SubItem "Disable" (parentId 70, id 71)
Addon LiveUpdate loaded
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
Failed SHA256

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2022, 03:52:31 pm »
- As described here also used the Universal Installer
- There is no more AntiVirus at this point, completely uninstalled
- I did create a logfile, see below
- Not sure if that is of relevance but I do have MSFS installed in D:\FS2020 and P3D in D:\P3DV5. Somehow the MSFS path is listed in the log file even though I am 100% sure that I did not select it anywhere in the installation process.

Your log clearly shows what the problem is, and is that you are still getting an OLD version for some reason. The current version for P3D is 4642, while you still have 4475, which it's just NOT ONLINE ANYMORE, ANYWHERE!!!

So, clearly, something is blocking the download, because version 4475 is months old and we don't have it anywhere.

Or, alternatively, the updater is downloading the correct version but, the antivirus is preventing it to install it, so you are stuck with the previous version.

And yes, I see you said "there's no more antivirus" and you said it's "completely" uninstalled. I'm not even sure it's possible to uninstall the default Windows Defender so, maybe you uninstalled a 3rd party antivirus you had, so now the default antivirus came back ?

And, not a single time, we ever suggest to "uninstall" the antivirus so, why you did that. We NEVER suggest to uninstall anything, and surely not the antivirus but, instead, do as follows:

- Configure the antivirus and add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS. This is the proper way to do it, any other way is wrong, including uninstalling the antivirus, which is not always so easy and would imply the antivirus uninstaller really works without bugs and it implies the default Windows defender would then replace the one you just uninstalled, meaning you will STILL need to configure the Windows Defender.

If you really can't fix your firewall/antivirus problem, you can try this:

- UNINSTALL GSX and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Uninstall every other FSDT product you might have.

- After all of this, be sure the Addon Manager folder is removed. If it's not, remove the whole folder manually.

- DOWNLOAD and Install the FULL GSX installer again. The installer COMES WITH the latest version of couat.exe so, it's just NOT POSSIBLE you would end up with an old version again, assuming you did all the previous clean up.

- Eventually, after reinstalling GSX, reinstall the Universal Installer again and use it to update GSX.

DomNick

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2022, 05:12:23 am »
Hi Umberto,

thanks for the quick reply. Summary first: It is working now  :D

Should have been more precise initially. It was very late in my part of the world, so probably forgot to include some background. I tried to add exceptions to Norton360 as described on the forums here and the Norton website. Finally, I did uninstall Norton360 as even disabling all of the features and adding exceptions does not completely prevent it from meddling (as discussed on their forum).

However, after uninstalling I indeed forgot to add the Windows Defender exception. Having added it, it now works.

I have never downloaded from anywhere else besides the website GSX installer 2 days before I wrote, so I don't know how an outdated version was making its way to my installation.

Thanks again.

GoNufer

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2022, 06:31:10 pm »
Hello Umberto
Have you found a solution to my problem?
The missing required Couatl log. I attached the file to my last post.
I would be happy if I could use the good GSX program again in my simulator.
Thank you
Gonufer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2022, 09:55:03 pm »
The missing required Couatl log. I attached the file to my last post.

Your log shows the simulator can't find an object that is *surely* installed with GSX since years ( the default jetway replacement model ), as if you never installed.

Download the GSX installer again and reinstall it.

GoNufer

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2022, 07:53:10 pm »
Sorry I give it up.
I downloaded and installed the GSX installer again with the result that the GSX program is no longer displayed in the simulator. No error message nothing. Will probably be a mistake in the whole system.
I'll let it be like that now...
Thanks for the help.
GoNufer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2022, 08:45:11 pm »
I downloaded and installed the GSX installer again with the result that the GSX program is no longer displayed in the simulator. No error message nothing. Will probably be a mistake in the whole system.

You haven't said if you did what has been suggested at  the start of this thread:

- Install the FSDT Universal Installer

- Use THAT to update GSX.

GoNufer

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2022, 06:34:26 pm »
I updated GSX with the FSDT Universal Installer and always the same. The add-ons do not display a GSX. In the Addon Manager only GSX is displayed, no GSX level 2. It just doesn't work anymore.  Maybe I uninstall everything once and start all over again. But at the moment I just don't feel like it anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2022, 08:04:21 pm »
In the Addon Manager only GSX is displayed, no GSX level 2

That's because your Addon Manager is ANCIENT! You have a version that must be year's old, before GSX L2 even came out. The current version is 5.0.0.2 so, you are many versions behind.

Is it possible you installed an older product that used the Addon Manager ? The QW757 maybe ?

GoNufer

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2022, 09:27:58 pm »
I have never installed a QW product.
How can I install the latest version of Addon Manager? I installed everything with the latest FSDT installer and the addon manager remains the old one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2022, 09:41:36 pm »
How can I install the latest version of Addon Manager? I installed everything with the latest FSDT installer and the addon manager remains the old one.

It's not possible to get such old version ( see the copyright notice in your screenshot, it's from 2016!!! ), if you just install anything from any current FSDT installer, the version you have is surely nowhere to be found, either inside any of our installers, and surely not anywhere on our servers.

So, the only possible way you could have got it is:

- You must have installed a VERY old FSDT installer, or an old QW757 installer: those are the only places you could find that version, it's not possible to get it anywhere else, because all installers since at least 3 years automatically downloads the latest files from our server.

- Your antivirus/firewall is still blocking the updater so, even if you ARE using the current updater and the current installer, they are prevented to get rid of that old version, which you clearly installed a while ago and forgot about it.

In this very thread, I already indicated a procedure to uninstall completely:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25999.msg171276.html#msg171276

Another possible reason of getting such an old version, is a problem with one of your DLL.XML file, perhaps you or another utility that handles these files must have restored an old version, possibly pointing to an old version of the Addon manager to a file location we don't use anymore. This might happened together with a mixup of your registry keys between FSX an FSX:Steam

Check for the DLL.XML file in both these folders:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\DLL.XML

Open the files, and see if they contain a line loading BGLMANX.DLL from a path that is NOT the one you installed the Addon Manager into, that's where you might still have an old copy of it, which should be removed.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 09:48:52 pm by virtuali »

Planeviation

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2022, 11:17:54 am »
Hey everyone, hope you all are having a good day. I was reinstalling p3d recently (just to have a fresh start and clear up any issues in the sim), and I have unfortunately come across an issue while re-installing GSX. Whenever I had into the addon manager in the sim to activate the serial, it said the couatl engine has not started. I have moved my Addon Manager folder to the Exclusions list of my anti-virus software. I have even gone as far as disabling antivirus completely. However, after several restarts and re-installations, I am still coming across this issue. I have also tried updating the gsx using the universal installer, and it however is still not working.

Would anyone happen to know why this is occurring? Thanks.