Author Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 53264 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2022, 07:21:10 pm »
where is the universal installer?

It's not really "hidden", it's on the front page of our site, first line of the "NEWS" section.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2022, 07:30:37 pm »
Then I found this forum thread, which stated the "Universal Installer" is the solution, marking this thread as "solved", without showing us how it exactly is the solution. What worked for me:

You are making it sound FAR more complex than it really is.

1) You said already have the GSX installer. Which means the current inability for the Universal Installer to install products for FSX/P3D ( which WILL come, it's just it was more URGENT for MSFS, because in MSFS we don't have a free Trial, so we needed it as soon as possible ), is completely irrelevant to you.

2) You ONLY problem is the Live Update that runs at the end of the normal GSX installer didn't work for some reason.

So, what has been suggested in THIS thread, which is sticky, with a title that it's impossible to misunderstand, AND marked as solved on the assumption that somebody coming here would READ IT first.

It has the CORRECT solution already on the 2nd post, which is my 1st reply, that is only further confirmed by following posts, what you need to do is JUST THIS:

Just Install the Universal Installer and USE IT to Update GSX, and that's it.

antoros

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2022, 09:05:48 am »
Thank you guys, now I got it and everything is fine. I only read to use the Universal Installer, but its a combination of both    maybe i need some glasses :-)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:11:53 am by antoros »

flyguy

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2022, 11:51:29 am »
You are making it sound FAR more complex than it really is.

Like it always is for everything in life, if you know what to do.

1) You said already have the GSX installer. Which means the current inability for the Universal Installer to install products for FSX/P3D ( which WILL come, it's just it was more URGENT for MSFS, because in MSFS we don't have a free Trial, so we needed it as soon as possible ), is completely irrelevant to you.

The program is named "Universal Installer", so it's easy to assume that you can/need to install products with it. I never said anything about relevance, it was an observation and clarification that might help others.

So, what has been suggested in THIS thread, which is sticky, with a title that it's impossible to misunderstand, AND marked as solved on the assumption that somebody coming here would READ IT first.

It has the CORRECT solution already on the 2nd post, which is my 1st reply, that is only further confirmed by following posts, what you need to do is JUST THIS:

Just Install the Universal Installer and USE IT to Update GSX, and that's it.

Yes, "UPDATE" being the keyword here. You accuse me of not reading the post, I came to this thread because it was marked solved. But it as a new user it is not clear exactly HOW it was solved.

I don't know why you're so defensive and accusative, we're just looking for the solution to (apparently sometimes) not being able to use GSX with the regular installer. Windows changes with updates, so does P3D. It's all software, things work unexpected sometimes. On my system the regular GSX installer constantly fails to properly add GSX in P3D and I figured I'd post the steps that worked for me. A few people already let me know my post helped them.

But I'll spare you your time, I won't be back and I'm not interested in arguing about semantics.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2022, 12:02:46 pm »
Yes, "UPDATE" being the keyword here. You accuse me of not reading the post, I came to this thread because it was marked solved. But it as a new user it is not clear exactly HOW it was solved.

The solution I posted was extremely simple: use the FSDT Universal Installer.

Since the ONLY thing you can do with the Universal Installer for FSX or P3D products is install it, it goes without saying that, a new user trying that suggestions would soon have realize that, once it's installed, the only thing he could do with it ( other than the obvious deactivate/activate or reading the docs ) with GSX was to UPDATE, since clicking install would show a message saying that installation is not available for FSX/P3D products yet.

So, I just can't see how a new user that just read my post about using the Universal Installer could end up with a result any than the one that works.

CapnTibbs

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2022, 05:34:14 am »
I'm getting the same issue as well, and I can confirm that my antivirus is turned off and I tried that new installer. It still refuses to work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2022, 08:01:31 am »
I'm getting the same issue as well, and I can confirm that my antivirus is turned off and I tried that new installer. It still refuses to work.

Please clarify what do you mean with "refuses to work".

1) Is the new Universal installer that doesn't start ?

OR

2) AFTER you UPDATED GSX with the Universal Installer, you still get the error about the Couatl engine not starting ?

GoNufer

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2022, 07:17:33 pm »
I have the same problem :
After updating GSX with Universal Installer I still get the error that Couatl engine won't start. I also added the GSX and associated files to the Anti-Virus exception list. Always the same.
When starting the message comes: GSX regenerating Airport Cache (67%) please wait... Then again the Couatel engine does not start. The following error:

couatl v3.2 (build 4641)
panic log started on Wed Mar 2 17:06:15 2022
problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'rpll', 'user pos': (14.50461553669277, 121.0020153221283, 26,3502 m, 3,49023 m, 275.07254108227414, 0.016184519976377487, 0.005580201745033264, 0.0, 3.5381520584106445, 1.0)}

Before the update GSX ran without errors, I already had the new update with the Walk-In Gates which ran without any problems.
Nothing has worked since last week.
My Simulator : P3D v.3.
With FSX and P3d v.5 GSX runs without problem.
But P3D v.3 is my default simulator because I have most addons for P3D v.3.
I hope you have a solution for me
regards
Gottfried

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2022, 10:29:17 am »
have the same problem

No, you don't.

After updating GSX with Universal Installer I still get the error that Couatl engine won't start. I also added the GSX and associated files to the Anti-Virus exception list. Always the same. When starting the message comes: GSX regenerating Airport Cache (67%) please wait... Then again the Couatel engine does not start. The following error:

The very fact you DO have a log, indicates your problem doesn't have anything to do with antivirus or "couatl not starting". It's starting just fine, otherwise there wouldn't be a log to being with.

However, since logging is not enabled, your error log is not detailed enough to understand the problem so, you need to follow this to enable detailed Logging:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Run the sim, then exit after the error appears.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

GoNufer

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2022, 01:30:54 pm »
Hello
Thank you for your help.
Unfortunately, it is unsuccessful again. I did everything as you described.
I also didn't find a Couatl.LOG file in the Virtuali folder.
I'll send you a screenshot of my Virtuali-Ortner in the attachment.Maybe you will find an error in it.

Greetings
Gonufer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2022, 07:44:03 pm »
I'll send you a screenshot of my Virtuali-Ortner in the attachment.Maybe you will find an error in it.

The problem seems to be the file is not really named Couatl.INI but, seeing it has a text document icon, you might have not realized it was in fact named Couatl.INI.TXT and you don't see it, because Explorer is setup to hide file extensions.

GoNufer

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2022, 09:07:03 pm »
Hello
I tried again and renamed the file as you wrote Couatl.INI,
The only error message I received can be seen in the attached screenshot.
Somehow I lose hope that my simulator will run properly with GSX.

Greeting
Gonufer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2022, 10:32:23 pm »
I tried again and renamed the file as you wrote Couatl.INI,

It doesn't seem you have, looking from your last screenshot, the icon is still text and is still reported as a text file.

The only error message I received can be seen in the attached screenshot.

Which clearly indicates you haven't named the Couatl.ini file correctly, because if you had, you won't have a Couatl.err but, instead, a Couat.LOG file, which is more detailed. As I've said, turn off the option to hide the file extensions in Explorer, so you can see the complete name of the file.

If you don't know how to do that, see here:

https://windowsdot.com/how-to-view-hide-file-extensions-in-windows-10-5-ways/#1

GoNufer

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2022, 09:44:09 am »
Hello
First of all, thank you for the patience you have with me.
But I just can't do it.
I made the option to hide the file extensions in the explorer and so saved the file in the Virtuali location.
Without success. There is still no more detailed Couat.LOG file. Too bad for your effort, but I'm probably too clumsy to solve this problem myself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2022, 02:08:20 pm »
I made the option to hide the file extensions in the explorer and so saved the file in the Virtuali location.

But you now forgot to rename it, because now that you have the file extensions visible, it's clear the file is really named Couatl.INI.TXT ( see your screenshot ), instead of Couatl.INI as it should.