Author Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 53223 times)

postypat

GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« on: February 15, 2022, 06:37:17 pm »
Hi

i am having a big issue with my GSX, it all started when i downloaded P3D v5.3, so everything went fine up until i tried to get my GSX to register, for some reason i get this message pop up, i have added the addon manager folder to my windows exclusions as that is all i use for protection, unfortunately that did not help as this message still pops up i have tried multiple uninstall and re-install but that did not work either.

I am running out of ideas on how to get this fixed, its strange as addon manager pops up in P3D but when i try and register my keys this pop up.
Can someone help please?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:31:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 07:24:48 pm »
As discussed in so many other posts about this, your problem is surely caused by the antivirus.

Some users reported success using the new FSDT Universal installer that has been posted on the NEWS section of the Home page.

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe

Install the Universal Installer, start it with the "FSDT Installer" icon from the Desktop, and use it to update all products.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 11:25:34 pm by virtuali »

postypat

Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 07:59:11 pm »
I can confirm that your universal installer has done the job thank you as i sat for over 5 hours trying to figure this out.

Racklefratz

Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 10:13:32 pm »
Yep, the Universal Installer did the trick for me today, too.  Problem before wasn't my anti-virus, even though the install error message pointed at it.  My other attempts to get GSX reinstalled failed even when I totally exited from the anti-virus software.  It was something else, not sure what.  I posted about it in the other discussion.

Anyway, fixed now.  Thanks.

Looking forward to the "Showing Some Love" enhancements.   ;)

Sandbag01

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 11:19:35 am »
Hi all,

I got the same problem here! I have tried several times to uninstall and install GSX withOUT antivirus.
Every time a get this message.
So I am fed up with GSX and will buy another ground services for P3D...!

Success everyone!

Cheers,
Harry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 12:34:23 pm »
I got the same problem here! I have tried several times to uninstall and install GSX withOUT antivirus.

The reason why this thread is marked **SOLVED** is because many users confirmed this problem has been fixed by running the new FSDT Universal Installer.

You haven't said anything if you tried it or not.

antoros

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 11:09:12 pm »
Hello, I still need support please.

1.) Installed Windows 11 Home fresh with all Updates
2.) Installed P3dV4 latest version
3.) tryed to install GSX with https://www.fsdreamteam.com/update/gsx_p3d4_setup.exe this link is posted on your main site
4.) I get the same error (Couatl scripting engine hastn started)
5.) I excluded the directory mentioned from Windows Defender -> no success
6.) When I try to launch Universal installer it says, GSX is not supported yet... please use the standard installer (/update/gsx_p3d4_setup.exe...)

Please help!

Regards
Stefan
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 11:14:38 pm by antoros »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 01:01:38 am »
6.) When I try to launch Universal installer it says, GSX is not supported yet... please use the standard installer (/update/gsx_p3d4_setup.exe...)

As already explained in this thread, you should just install the Universal installer and use it to UPDATE GSX, not to install it. It's supposed you already installed and failed to get the update.

mcdonnell123

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2022, 09:03:16 am »
hello. i am getting this problem on p3dv4 even though i turn off anti virus (mine is mcafee LiveSafe) during download and installation.
also i manage to turn on couatl scripting engine by just clicking on the icon in file explorer. but everytime i put in my serial number for gsx and gsx level 2 and press the ok button in the addon manager, it does not make gsx appear. how can i solve this? anyone got any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 11:56:40 am »
You don't say if you installed the new Universal installed and did the update from there, which is the thing that has been suggested, over and over, and multiple users who had this problem, confirmed it was fixed this way.

mcdonnell123

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2022, 12:20:35 pm »
where is the universal installer?

flyguy

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2022, 02:02:27 pm »
Well, I was struggling as well as new customer, wanting to use P3Dv5.3 with the latest hotfix and GSX + GSX level 2. Whatever I did, that couatl scripting engine would never appear in P3D.
And it is NOT antivirus that doesn't play nice.

I used the download links in the mail to install GSX + level 2 and the live update tool. The live update tool wasn't working, it dies after it says it will update itself. I have tried installing and uninstalling 4 times with reboots and all and nothing was working. I got to the point where I was fed up spending a complete evening installing an addon.

Then I found this forum thread, which stated the "Universal Installer" is the solution, marking this thread as "solved", without showing us how it exactly is the solution.

What worked for me:
1. Determine where you want to install the "addon manager" and exclude this folder from virus scanning.
2. Make sure you don't have any GSX stuff installed, uninstall + reboot if you have a failed attempt right now.
3. Install the apparently new "Universal Installer" on your computer: http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe and don't launch it yet - it can't install GSX or GSX level 2 (this needs to be done manually).
4. Install GSX + GSX level 2 (if bought) with this installer, which can be obtained via de site or download links in the mail: gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe
5. Use the "FSDT Installer" shortcut on your desktop (which starts the Universal Installer) to activate GSX + GSX level 2 (if bought) (red circle in screenshot, it's already activated there but you get the point) - you need the codes in the mail.
6. You can update GSX now by selecting it and click the "Update" button (blue circle in screenshot) - or you can select multiple and click the "Update x selected" button at the bottom.

This worked for me, I hope it can help somebody else too. I think I'm missing the philosophy here, but the Universal Installer can't install FSX/P3D stuff yet, you can use it for updates though.

Main problem for me was the fact that the 'old' live update tool is not working at all. So that is where the Universal Installer comes in and helps out.

You don't say if you installed the new Universal installed and did the update from there, which is the thing that has been suggested, over and over, and multiple users who had this problem, confirmed it was fixed this way.
It is not suggested that clearly here. Saying that it has been suggest over and over and that antivirus is always the problem is not really nice for new customers that are struggling getting their new purchase (your product) to work.
I understand why you say these things, as you surely have experience with customers experiencing problems where these are the solution and root cause. But new customers won't read all the topics on the forums. They want their new purchase to work with ease  :)

Now that I got GSX to work I must say that I like what I see. I'm off exploring the options :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 05:31:48 pm by flyguy »

mcdonnell123

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2022, 04:52:26 pm »
thanks for your help. its working now. ;D

flyguy

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2022, 05:24:10 pm »
thanks for your help. its working now. ;D
Cool! Enjoy :)