Author Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 53247 times)

Beaufort

Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2022, 10:35:09 am »
What a desaster! Thanks a lot for the warning and clarification. Is there a way to recognize applications using the old simconnect mechanism? By the date of the included simconnect.dll?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2022, 01:55:23 pm »
Please read the last posts, in which I asked to produce a log, so we can know if the program doesn't even start ( so it's likely an antivirus problem ), or it starts but it crashes for some reason.

Beaufort

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2022, 04:50:46 pm »
Please read the last posts, in which I asked to produce a log, so we can know if the program doesn't even start ( so it's likely an antivirus problem ), or it starts but it crashes for some reason.
It definitively starts and produces a log, regardless if the Antivirus is running or not. I can see it running in the taskmanager; I attach two of the produced logs in my trials today.
Mostly couatl64_P3D.exe quits when P3D is loading the scenery at 6 % ("loading terrain"). couatl64_P3D.exe kept running, when
a) first case: I deleted the scenery.cfg, all entrances in the two add-ons.cfgs and all folders in Documents/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons with the exception of those from FSDT,
b) second case: when I deactivated in Lorby Addon Manager all sceneries, all "Other addons" and all Packages with the exception of FsDreamTeam Addon Manager, BUT I could not find a single Addon causing the problem, when I activate only one Addon randomly, the problem reappears. So I am little bit helpless, as I cannot reproduce it to appear with a special Addon.
EDIT:
And just now it even crashed with all Addons and Packages deactivated and for trial all .inis for airports deleted in ....AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 05:11:44 pm by Beaufort »

Beaufort

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2022, 05:34:12 pm »
Once again I deleted the scenery.cfg, all entrances in the two add-ons.cfgs and all folders in Documents/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons with the exception of those from FSDT and couatl64_P3D.exe keeps running, GSX and Virtuali menus in P3D are accessible and all my FSDT addons appear as activated. I attach the produced log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2022, 10:39:16 pm »
Your log indicates the program started normally, it started the airport regeneration process, but couldn't complete it.

When the airport cache regeneration cannot be complete, it's likely due to one of your scenery files corrupted, but it might also be caused by the antivirus, blocking some of the files containing sceneries that needs to be scanned to create the airport cache.

Try to add to the antivirus exclusions the entire P3D folder, as well any other folder that contains sceneries, if it's outside the P3D folder.

Another thing you might try, remove this folder, when the sim is not running, of course.

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali

Beaufort

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2022, 01:41:51 pm »
Sadly both did not help. Without much hope a full new install of P3Dv4 can be avoided I attach the two logs produced after excluding all scenery folders in the Antivirus an thereafter deleting C:\Program Data\Virtuali. Perhaps you can identify someting in them.

Goofie31

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2022, 02:52:31 pm »
GSX is not showing in addon menu. I think it is relating to airport cache not generating. So i checked and all flight folders are excluded form anti virus.

Any further suggestions?
Log attached.

dnunes

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2022, 05:34:25 pm »
It seems this has been solved for several users, but I am still struggling to get it working. I have followed all the suggestions and I never succeeded. It seems I have a marginal situation, as at one of the trials I was able to set the keys (which were in fact known to the system) but the software didn't run anyway. I was running with my Anti virus set off (McAfee Internet Security). I am running P3Dv4.5 under Windows 10 Home. I have the feeling that my problem started after the recent Windows update. With McAfee set off for Reat Time Scanning and the Firewall disconnected, I have updated GSX using the FSDT tool, but was never able to put the system back to work.

Hope someone can help.

Kind Regards,

Domingos

gevan

« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2022, 01:42:17 am »
I just had no response from Umberto on this issue.

I have already done everything he says we should do and GSX 1 and 2 don't work. It only appears in the addon menu "Addon Manager" and not the GSX (it's shown as "Installed and in Trial") supposedly blocked by the Antivirus, something totally ridiculous because I have already excluded all folders, programs and such from FSDT and the problem continues (I uninstalled even the Avira Antivirus and kept only with the Windows Defender). The issue still there.

I know that there is a bug in the engine "Couatl64_P3D.exe" that closes when loading the simulator and doesn't continue running, but I know that they will not recognize the bug that they have and that it has always been present because of the constant failure with any antiviruses; no other P3D, FSX and MSFS2020 programs ask for such "exclude folders" nonsense for software to work.

I'm not going to reinstall my P3D just to get GSX to work, when all other addons do it without any issue.

I hope they give us a definitive solution to this soon or I will not spend a single penny more on their new programs that they launch in the future.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 04:17:58 am by gevan »

eddmariner

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2022, 05:28:05 am »
Not Solved! i have no antivirus at all and windows defender has always been turned off. Couatl refuses to start no matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall it and run all the updaters and whatnot. nothing you guys have said has any positive effect.  what can i do?

Goofie31

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2022, 12:24:36 pm »
Hi Everybody,

My issue is solved.

If anyone else updates using www.aero.sors.fr navdata, then i would suggest download 2208 Revision 2 and install. Apparently there was a damaged file form Europe that was causing issues.

However if FSDream team could take note, that one corrupt file should not stop GSX from working. Instead GSX should skip the file and make a note there was an issues in the couatl file. I say this a good feedback because make runways which i run after any Navdata update or scenery change never has an issue.

This would also allow end users to identify the corrupt or damaged file quickly.

Regards

Damian Doyle

dnunes

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2022, 03:42:10 pm »
Dear Damian,

Thanks for preventing me from burning my grey cells: After many attempts to solve my situation, it seems that your suggestion really worked: after a reinstallation of the navdata file it seems my installation has gone back to a normal status!

Kind Regards,

Domingos

Beaufort

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2022, 04:12:01 pm »
Damian,
same at me, works again as usual, we cannot thank you enough for having solved this problem!
I totally agree FSDT should take this as an opportunity to prevent only one hidden file could make all their wonderful products unusable without any report where to find the reason, regardless that it may be caused by third party software.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2022, 05:15:49 pm »
We checked the site and it seems the corrupted version can't be downloaded anymore, if somebody could send it to me using the support email, it could be useful for us.

Beaufort

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2022, 05:33:09 pm »