Author Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 54781 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2022, 10:45:43 am »
Your log confirms your problem (as usual) is clearly caused by either your antivirus or firewall which has prevented to get the correct version of the program, because your are using this version:

couatl v4.0 (build 4475)

While the current version for P3D is build 4642, which has been released in Februrary 2022, so your version is quite outdated.

Under normal circumstances, it's not possible to get an outdated version, since as you have surely noticed, ALL our product installers always download the latest updater and the latest files as they complete, and we don't surely have that outdated version anywhere.

So, regardless how old is your installer ( unless is even older than 2017, where we used a different update server and method ), you should always end up with the correct version UNLESS, of course, the antivirus or the firewall is BLOCKING THE UPDATER, so you are stuck with the old version.

So yes, the error message is correct saying your problem is the antivirus or the firewall.

Of course, the first post in this very thread have a solution that worked for many: use the new FSDT Universal Installer and use THAT one to update. It seems that, for some strange reason, they antivirus are less unfriendly with it.

yurirodin

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2022, 01:46:17 pm »
Disabling the firewall fixed it. I think the problem was that I had bought Hawaiian Airports Vol 1 from Simmarket and not the FSDT website. The Simmarket version had the outdated couatl version that triggered the firewall so that neither Live update nor the Universal installer could connect and update to the new version, until I turned off the firewall. This issue had nothing to do with the Anti-virus like the earlier message in this thread said. Also, since the version of couatl that got installed into Addon Manager was an outdated one, no FSDT products would work with P3D running. So, buying from Simmarket was what triggered all of this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2022, 07:25:44 pm »
This issue had nothing to do with the Anti-virus like the earlier message in this thread said.

You can use firewall or antivirus terms as they were the same, since the end result is they prevented a download.

So, buying from Simmarket was what triggered all of this.

No, the firewall was the problems.

As I've said in my previous post, even an old installer should still be able to download the latest files, that's the only reason why they download things at the end, but if the antivirus/firewall is blocking the installer, you are stuck with whatever version of the files the installer came with.

leolembo95

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2022, 02:39:13 pm »
hello today after a while like 2/3 weeks of inactivity i started the sim and gsx wasn't shown in the addon menu i have tryed everything you posted before but nothing happen windows events says: Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: Couatl64_P3D.exe, versione: 4.0.0.4642, timestamp: 0x620a8d3e
now i really don't know what to do coualtl start with the sim (saw in the task manager) but once the simulator (p3dv4.5) is fired up the coualt stop working the only wired thing i saw was during gsx setup comes out a massage say something like xml.dll exe.dll ok and simobject.cfg not found but it exist
and i saw that do not add any entry in the .dll for coualt.
windows 10

thanks in advice

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2022, 03:49:45 pm »
Some users reported success using the new FSDT Universal installer that has been posted on the NEWS section of the Home page.

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe

Install the Universal Installer, start it with the "FSDT Installer" icon from the Desktop, and use it to update all products.

leolembo95

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2022, 05:42:16 pm »
already done several times this is what the lo reports:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 05:47:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2022, 05:53:19 pm »
already done several times this is what the lo reports:

I removed your log because you posted it when you should have ZIPPED and attached to a log.

However, the log indicated the program STARTED so, your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread or the antivirus or the installer.

When the airport cache regeneration cannot be complete, it's likely due to one of your scenery files corrupted, but it might also be caused by the antivirus, blocking some of the files containing sceneries that needs to be scanned to create the airport cache.

Try to add to the antivirus exclusions the entire P3D folder, as well any other folder that contains sceneries, if it's outside the P3D folder.

leolembo95

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2022, 06:31:03 pm »
oh sorry however already set exclusion but it's strange because it always worked fine just now i didn't run the sim for a cuple o weeks and than get corrupted ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2022, 10:06:13 pm »
it always worked fine just now i didn't run the sim for a cuple o weeks and than get corrupted ?

I cannot possibly know why files on your system might get corrupted. And I haven't said I'm sure that's the reason why the cache regeneration failed, I can only know from previous reports that, is either a corrupted .BGL or the antivirus blocking the process because it was trying to access a file.

On the other hand, we haven't updated the P3D version since last February so, unless is that long you haven't used it, it can't be something in the software itself.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 10:08:01 pm by virtuali »

Beaufort

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2022, 09:12:13 pm »
Hi,
similar problem here: Last flew with my sim 2 months ago, now couatl64_P3d.exe starts, but I can see it disappear in task manager, when P3Dv4 is loading terrain at 6%. In consequence virtuali submenu is existent, but couatl not. In virtuali addon manager all my FSDT sceneries and GSX are in trial mode, when i click on "register serial", a P3D window tells me couatl is not running, that might be caused by an antivirus program. But this appears the same with my antivirus completely inactive.
I deinstalled all sceneries I added since couatl ran normally last time, no effect. I downloades the FSDT Universal Installer and let it run. It shows my purchased FSDT products active and makes the updates. But nothing changed. I downloades the gsx_p3d4-setup.exe, it ran and made the install, but also nothing changed.
Do you have any idea what I can do?
couatl.exe makes a log, I attach it here. Thanks for any help.

golfkung05

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2022, 09:25:57 pm »
Hi,

I also faced the issue as well, i understand that there might be an issue with the simmconnection somehow because I cannot call the GSX as usual a couple days ago and then I decided to reinstall the GSX1,2 again. Before I decided to uninstall the gsx, I found that my gsx had been downgraded to trial mode without any reason.

After installing again, I activated via the FSDT Universal Installer which shows that I'm already fully activated but after validation on my P3D, it is still in the trail mode.

I have attached the log file for your clarification. Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2022, 10:59:14 pm »
After installing again, I activated via the FSDT Universal Installer which shows that I'm already fully activated but after validation on my P3D, it is still in the trail mode.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation: if the FSDT Installer says a product is active, than IT IS active. The issue is, according to your log, the Couatl program started, but disconnected immediately, as if the simulator quit, or there was another similar problem with Simconnect.

It's important to note, when you see that kind of log, it shows no error happened, just the program received a "Quit" order from Simconnect, which usually should only come when you exit the sim.

And the puzzling thing is, it's a *clean* quit, as if you really exited the sim normally. When it's an abrupt disconnection, the log will be different, saying something like "has the sim crashed ?" because this is what we detected and log when the connections stops without receiving a proper "quit" command.

Which wasn't your case or, if it was, it wasn't logged (that might be a possibility), it really looks like a straight quit. Could be you have other add-ons running the FSX version of Simconnect ? Some add-ons do this, to make it "easier" for them, so they only distribute a single client for all simulators, because FSX clients *usually* can connect to P3D. We are a proper P3D native client but, it's possible another add-on is using the FSX Simconnect and if THAT one is missing/corrupted or has other issues, it might even affect a proper P3D client like ours.

The only way to know this for sure, would be disabling all add-ons from the Options->Add-ons menu, except of course for FSDT Addon manager, and see if it runs alone. If it does, re-enable one add-on at a time, to eventually find a conflict.

Beaufort

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2022, 11:14:48 pm »
Could that also be my problem? As you might see from my log, in my case simconnect connects. Might an fsx Simconnect give some kind of exit command after couatl already has connected?
Might it help to let Windows search all simconnect.dll files and exchange them wit the one from the latest SDK?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:53:52 pm by Beaufort »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2022, 12:11:06 am »
Might an fsx Simconnect give some kind of exit command after couatl already has connected?

Normally, when all works, no. It looks more like a conflict of some kind.

Might it help to let Windows search all simconnect.dll files and exchange them wit the one from the latest SDK?

You should never do that, because FSX's Simconnect used the dreaded SideBySide system, which in theory should allow multiple versions of the same .DLL running all at the same time. However, it was so complex and cumbersome that, when it didn't work for any reason, disasters happens and it required a very high level of knowledge to fix, like booting Windows
in safe mode and manually removing folder, then going through the registry to remove the problematic versions.

It was so complex and so fragile that:

- Microsoft themselves stopped using it for their VC++ redistributables

- Lockheed Martin got rid of it, when they switched for 64 bit, to a more traditional static library system.

However, this would only help the modern applications, those made using the new system. But since P3D server can still accept connections from ancient clients, dating back to the first FSX, those would STILL use the SideBySide method, so they might still confuse the newer application using static libraries because, while this approach is simpler, is NOT designed to allow multiple version of the same libraries running together.

So, the only real way to fix this, would be pester the developers of those applications still using the FSX Simconnect to switch to the P3D version, and make a proper native P3D version of their app. If you try to fix it yourself, it might work or not. Yes, there's a system (one of the many that can fail) in SideBySide in which you can "upgrade" an application made for an older version of the library to use a newer one, which must still be Side-by-side, but at least it might be the latest version. Because, there's only thing worse than using P3D with mixed FSX Simconnect apps, and is using P3D with *multiple* mixed version of *different* FSX Simconnect apps, like RTM, SP1 and SP2 clients, all connecting at the same time (hoping SideBySide works ), together with proper P3D apps using the native P3D Simconnect. When it works, it works, but its a miracle it even works...

That's why I said to disable all other add-ons first. To at least KNOW, for sure, if this is a Simconnect conflict, and identify the source. Because maybe it's not, and you risk completely screwing up your whole P3D installation if try to fix that yourself without knowing exactly what you are doing.

gevan

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2022, 02:41:00 am »
Hi Umberto,

I had all this year without using P3Dv4+ because I replaced the hard disk due to failures and now that I have used the simulator again, I have the problem that GSX 1 and 2 don't work, it gives me an error that couatl is not executed and it's due to the antivirus, which I have always excluded the folders and files of the FSDreamTeam programs (I have used time ago and I haven't had that problem with antivirus, I have always used Avira)

I have already uninstalled all the FSDT programs including sceneries and gsx, reinstalled with the new installers available on your website and then ran the "FSDT Installer" program to update everything. I did this with the antivirus disabled, just in case.

I attach the log file and a screenshot of my antivirus to confirm what I say.

I appreciate a little help on what else I can do to solve this problem..

Regards