Author Topic: No static Aircraft traffic at KCLT  (Read 3711 times)

Gmanroberts1

No static Aircraft traffic at KCLT
« on: November 30, 2021, 04:24:11 am »
 i also use a little program "static Aircraft" from Aerosoft and none are showing up at your KCLT. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 04:36:46 pm by Gmanroberts1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No static Aircraft traffic at KCLT
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 05:09:59 pm »
I never hear of a "static aircraft" product from Aerosoft, please provide some details. I can see plenty of aircraft using all default AI.

Taypo8

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 06:59:58 pm »
could possibly be talking about the Latin VFR Static Aircraft ? I heard when you have third party scenery, it could affect having static aircraft shown.

Gmanroberts1

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 09:28:33 pm »
yes, LVFR "Static Aircraft" and it works at all my other addon airports no problem, except KCLT now i sent them a message about it not working at KCLT and there answer was "That may be because they applied exclude rectangles that removed library objects. If you can ask them to remove the rectangles and just do exclude specific polygons it should work. As it does with other airports". Oh and it works at my other fsdt airports, thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 10:52:08 pm »
i sent them a message about it not working at KCLT and there answer was "That may be because they applied exclude rectangles that removed library objects. If you can ask them to remove the rectangles and just do exclude specific polygons it should work. As it does with other airports". Oh and it works at my other fsdt airports, thanks

Strange reply.

We obviously excluded library objects with exclude rectangles, EXACTLY as we did with all our previous airports. One of the main advantages of MSFS, is that creating the infamous "micro-excludes" is NO longer required and, it was a very unreliable method, but it was forced by an old FSX/P3D bug that, when creating complete exclude rectangles, you were excluding some of YOUR objects (jetways and effects), instead of just the objects with a lower priority in the Scenery Library. That's why we had to use micro-excludes in FSX/P3D.

However, we never used them for MSFS, because that bug is no more so, instead of the unreliable micro-excludes (they would work ONLY if you had just the unmodified default scenery and nothing else) we can use proper exclude as it should be and, with a sim like MSFS that is constantly evolving and that sometimes has different versions of the same default airports, going back to micro-exclude is a no-go.

The reply from LVFR seems strange because, now that excludes work properly, it should be enough to have that static aircraft product on an higher priority. Yes, there's no UI for users to control the Scenery Library ( we have been asking this to Asobo for months ) but, it doesn't mean the priority system doesn't exists anymore, and you can control it, by rearranging areas in the CONTENT.XML file.

The rule is that, normally, the latest scenery installed will have an higher priority so, I think what is happening here is you are being mislead thinking KCLT is "different", just because you installed AFTER that Static aircraft product so, it got an higher priority so, by means of its Exclude areas, is excluding everything that stays below, as it should be.

So, it should be enough to put that product back as the last line of the CONTENT.XML file, and it should work. The file is located here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache  ( MS Store version )
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator ( Steam version )

And can be edited with any text editor. Just move the line that contains the static aircraft packages after all other packages. The packages below will be loaded last, meaning they'll get an higher priority.

Gmanroberts1

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 02:09:17 am »
When i remove your KCLT They show up on the default airport, if this means anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 02:41:04 am »
When i remove your KCLT They show up on the default airport, if this means anything.

But have you tried my suggestion of placing the static aircraft add-on as the last line of the CONTENT.XML file ?

It's obvious you would see the planes with the default scenery because, the default scenery, being in the Official folder, has a lower priority than the ones in the Community folder but, if you installed KCLT AFTER that static aircraft add-on, KCLT got an higher priority so, since it CORRECTLY use the more reliable "complete" Exclusion rectangles/polygons, instead of the extremely unreliable micro-excludes that are no longer required in MSFS, it means if you need to add anything to it, it must stay on an higher priority.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 07:39:11 am »
 How about coded parking for AI? AALX for the American Regionals would be ideal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 10:56:24 am »
How about coded parking for AI? AALX for the American Regionals would be ideal.

Nothing would change in relationship with other products adding static aircraft, they would still have to be placed higher in the content.xml file to show up.

ord2clt

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 11:33:42 pm »
I had the same issue as Gmanroberts1.  I tried the fix suggested by virtuali, moving the static aircraft package line to the end of the CONTENT.XML file.  It worked.  Thank you, virtuali. 

Note to other users: by trial and error, cutting the line from its original position and pasting it at the bottom did not work for me using Notepad++.  However, highlighting the line you want to move and using Shift+Ctrl+down arrow (repeatedly) successfully moved the line to the end of the file.