Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error  (Read 12540 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2021, 09:19:36 am »
Guessing my earlier post (above) got lost in all the discussion about logos ...Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

To confirm the problem is in fact the one I already explained above, you should have posted your .LOG file, not the .ERR file. Be sure you have Logging enabled in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, otherwise the log won't be detailed enough to be useful.

ChuckOman

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2021, 09:54:24 pm »
Guessing my earlier post (above) got lost in all the discussion about logos ...Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

To confirm the problem is in fact the one I already explained above, you should have posted your .LOG file, not the .ERR file. Be sure you have Logging enabled in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, otherwise the log won't be detailed enough to be useful.

Apologies, Umberto.  (Knew that but forgot!)
Chuck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2021, 10:58:53 am »
Your log file comes from a session in which you didn't had any errors.

Please replicate the situation which would cause the error, exit the sim ( don't restart it, otherwise a new log will be created, overwriting the previous one ) and post the log again which will surely contain the error.

ChuckOman

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2021, 04:12:28 pm »
Your log file comes from a session in which you didn't had any errors.

Please replicate the situation which would cause the error, exit the sim ( don't restart it, otherwise a new log will be created, overwriting the previous one ) and post the log again which will surely contain the error.
Sorry !  Done.  (I confirmed that this one does show the Failed To Create Object Exception that triggered the couatl error.)

Chuck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2021, 04:16:59 pm »
As expected, your problem is the same as discussed in this thread, for which several solution has been already provided, some posts before:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25477.msg167564.html#msg167564

In your case, instead of jetway_logo, you should remove custom textures from containing cateringtexture lines. As confirmed multiple times in this thread, we release shortly another update which will filter out these automatically.

downscc

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2021, 07:20:25 pm »
I've run the FSDT Updater twice today and I still received unrecoverable error.  I've read parts of this thread and cleared all of the jetway logo settings to just "jetway_logo= " then killed the running couatl64.exe with process explorer.

I was under the impression that you pushed an update via FSDT Updater to resolve this, so we don't have to manually edit every one of the hundreds of airports I  have configured GSXL2 for.  The Updater is not solving the problem.  The error in my error log is "Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_2_5_LOGO_AAL'
{'Airport': 'KDFW', 'User Pos': (32.91518926527237, -97.050696853549, 189.015 m, 3.88306 m, 180.25013937769458, -0.006348775699734688, -0.00017453292093705386, 0.0, 3.98068812789917, 1.0)}"

I am still troubleshooting your problem.  Any advice is appreciated.

Dan Downs

UPDATE:  I believe the object that fails to create is a AddonManager\simobject\pbr_p3d5\fsdt_sode_jetyway_logo..... I see one that is FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT__2_5_LOGO mdl folder with a TEXTURE.AA folder.... No AAL.  What is calling the wrong texuture??  How do i fix it??

I've searched for the text 'FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_2_5_LOGO_AAL' in my gsx\kdfw_xxxxx.ini file, your scenery\kdfw_fsdt.ini file and none found.  I don't know what is calling the model or texture that doesn't exist.  I copied the TEXTURE.AA texture and cfg file and name it TEXTURE.AAL and it's still failing to load KDFW.

Out of ideas, just must quit using FSDT products until this is understood and resolved.

Now 90 min into troubleshooting your problem, I turned off my .ini for kdfw and all systems are working.  I don't know how this is connected.... I've been using fsdt kdfw almost daily without problem and then running fsdt updater broke it.  See attached.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:07:43 pm by downscc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2021, 08:37:03 pm »
Now 90 min into troubleshooting your problem, I turned off my .ini for kdfw and all systems are working.  I don't know how this is connected.... I've been using fsdt kdfw almost daily without problem and then running fsdt updater broke it.  See attached.

I can only confirm your problem would have been fixed by removing the line that contains a jetway_logo with AAL code, which is not the correct code in GSX for American Airlines, that would be AA.

The reason why this error happens, has been discussed several times in this very thread. The update that would automatically ignore these textures hasn't been released yet so, it's normal you would still see the error and the solution is either editing the .INI file or removing it (again, while waiting for the fix), something you already discovered, but was explained here in post #33:

downscc

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2021, 09:07:42 pm »
Umbreto, I had changed all jetway_log values to = .  The instances of AAL that remain are jetwayairlinecode = AAL and airlinecode=AAL.  I presume then that infact ALL instances of AAL need changed to AA??   What about AALX, is that now an invalid code?

ChuckOman

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2021, 02:24:03 am »
As expected, your problem is the same as discussed in this thread, for which several solution has been already provided, some posts before:

In your case, instead of jetway_logo, you should remove custom textures from containing cateringtexture lines. As confirmed multiple times in this thread, we release shortly another update which will filter out these automatically.
OK, understand now.  I'm not using a custom aircraft profile, and would prefer a general solution rather than editing each airport .ini file.  So happy to wait for the filter release.  Many thanks for the support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2021, 08:45:28 am »
Umbreto, I had changed all jetway_log values to = .  The instances of AAL that remain are jetwayairlinecode = AAL and airlinecode=AAL.  I presume then that infact ALL instances of AAL need changed to AA??   What about AALX, is that now an invalid code?

Both AAL and AALX has always been invalid, the one and only code for American Airlines handling has always been AA, nothing has changed.

Those files were always wrong but, if used with P3D4, which tries to load any texture with any name, they would just result in a blank logo texture (unless you HAVE added a custom texture with an AAL code ) and, in P3D5 before the multi-liveries update, GSX won't even try to create a logo, because it wasn't supported.

The same error would have happened if you tried to use that .INI in FSX so, now that P3D5 has multi-liveries using the standard ( non-RTT ) method, like in FSX, for each livery there must be a different Simobject so, .INI file with custom textures used in V5 should be filtered out, which is what the next update will do.

downscc

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2021, 03:42:05 pm »
LOL really, always invalid.  This file worked without error before running FSDT Updater.  Don't be so defensive man, it's okay.  And believe me, I never manually edited the gsx ini files, those values were placed there by your application.  For example, look at the kdfw-fsdt.ini in the product's scenery folder.  It uses AAL and AALX through out the file.

My question remains, do I need to change instances of AAL and AALX to AA in both my and your gsx ini file??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2021, 06:30:25 pm »
LOL really, always invalid.  This file worked without error before running FSDT Updater.

You don't seem to understand, the file was always invalid for ANY of the several supported simulators that used multiple liveries instead of Render to Texture, which means:

- It was invalid for FSX and it would have generated exactly the same error, even before.

- If was invalid for P3D 1, 2 and 3 and it would have generated exactly the same error, even before.

- In P3D4 it would not generate an error, but it required for you to have a custom texture named "AAL", otherwise it wouldn't appear.

- In P3D5 BEFORE the multi-livery update, it would have just ignored any logo, regardless how it was called, that's why it would have "worked".

- After the Update, P3D5 behaves like all the other simulator with multi-liveries ( all, except P3D V4 ), which means a texture that doesn't exists (because it's custom) would cause an error, because when multi-liveries are used, for each operator, there must be a matching Simobject preinstalled.

Don't be so defensive man, it's okay

I don't know what you are trying to say here, I'm just explaining the facts, you are the one being "defensive", since nobody accused of having edited the file.

And believe me, I never manually edited the gsx ini files

Nobody said you did anything like that.

those values were placed there by your application

Of course they were, nobody said otherwise. They were MADE for P3D4 and in P3D4 they are still valid, because there we supports custom textures (assuming you have that custom texture installed).

For example, look at the kdfw-fsdt.ini in the product's scenery folder.  It uses AAL and AALX through out the file.

You are now CONFUSING the parking airline codes with the custom textures! The parking codes use the AFCAD standard and they can DRIVE the selection of a texture. Meaning, an AAL or AALX parking code will give an higher preference to select American Airlines handler, which has a GSX of AA.

My question remains, do I need to change instances of AAL and AALX to AA in both my and your gsx ini file??

Your are making this question, only because you confused the parking codes with the handler, catering and jetway logo codes. As you can read from my previous posts, the codes you need to search for are:

jetway_logo
handlertexture
cateringtexture

Nowhere I said to change the "airlinecodes", which are fine as they are, and they won't create any errors, since they don't DIRECTLY create the name of a Simboject, which might not exists if the custom texture is not stock.

In any case, the issue is now obsolete, since the fix that ignores custom textures made for P3D V4 in V5 is already out.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:32:47 pm by virtuali »