Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error  (Read 12631 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2021, 01:38:35 am »
At Drzewiecki Design KJFK  I get an error message as it loads up "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run Live Update

The screenshot is not very helpful. To confirm the problem is in fact the one I already explained above, you should have posted your error log instead.

Be sure you have Logging enabled in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, otherwise the log won't be detailed enough to be useful.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:40:19 am by virtuali »

ChuckOman

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2021, 02:06:02 am »
Hi Umberto -  Great to see you've been able to push all the customized liveries for P3D5 GSX out to all of us this week.  Great to have them in both P3D4.5 and 5.1 now.  Did the live update, and it seems to be working well overall.    But have a question:

I often fly the Majestic Dash-8 Q400 in both P3D4.5 and P3D5.1  My GSX uses the internal database numbers for the MJC Q400 with no customization.  The database numbers are the same in both sims, and have been working fine.

After the latest LiveUpdate, boarding/deboarding and pushback all work with my other aircraft, e.g. PMDG, but for some reason when I call catering in the Majestic Q400 in P3D5, GSX immediately  throws a Couatl error (see below).   whereas it didn't do this before the recent liveried vehicle update.   The problem is unique to P3D5 - the P3D4.5 catering call works fine.  At first I suspected it might somehow be related on an avsim aircraft.cfg mod for the door locations (http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/101/jetways) that makes the doors work at SODE jetways that I'd installed in both sims.  But I've removed the mods and found it isn't a fix for the P3D5 MJC catering problem.  My GSX catering works in my GSX4.5 MJC Q400 but crashes couatl if I call it in P3D5.1 to the Majestic's Door 4.  Have also confirmed problem is present at different airports, and have tried varying the service vehicle livery choice.  Still throws the error in P3D5, but not P3D4.  If there was a problem with P3D5 GSX catering, I'm wondering why it should be with the MJC, and not with e.g. the PMDG777.   I see from older posts that you are a real expert on the MJC!
Any suggestions of other things to try, or thoughts on what might be causing the problem?

Regards

Chuck O

couatl v4.0 (build 4579)
panic log started on Tue Sep  7 19:15:38 2021

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KSEA', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate Q 6', 'User Pos': (47.444599438211625, -122.30420536169977, 134.356 m, 2.37797 m, 90.81449045009762, 0.025314984804922197, 0.028797931969165802, -4.3224517850059954e-07, 2.5908, 1.0)}
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:40:17 pm by ChuckOman »

bwbriscoe

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2021, 02:13:09 am »
At Drzewiecki Design KJFK  I get an error message as it loads up "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run Live Update

The screenshot is not very helpful. To confirm the problem is in fact the one I already explained above, you should have posted your error log instead.

Be sure you have Logging enabled in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, otherwise the log won't be detailed enough to be useful.

My error log is attached. Please send a fix as one of my favourite routes to fly is into KJFK and now that isn't possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2021, 02:20:18 am »
My error log is attached. Please send a fix as one of my favourite routes to fly is into KJFK and now that isn't possible.

I can confirm you have the same identical problem that has been already reported in this very thread, which I provided two different solutions for:

1) If you just want to fix the problem and use KLAX:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25477.msg167520.html#msg167520

2) If you want to keep using Cartanya's profile, this is how to fix it ( again, while we found a solution to deal with these old profiles )

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25477.msg167546.html#msg167546
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 02:47:27 am by virtuali »

dlr1984

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2021, 02:45:31 am »
Thanks for the reply. The ini file was the source of my problem too. Changing the entries to "jetway_logo = " fixed things.

bwbriscoe

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2021, 08:29:57 am »
Where is the .ini file?

bwbriscoe

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2021, 08:34:27 am »
I've checked in the folder

Appdata/Roaming/Virtuali/GSX

and the file kjfk-hgqdod

On nearly every gate it sats jetway_logo = HSBC and on some it says jetway_logo = JETBLUE

I don't have any jetway_logo = none

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2021, 10:04:43 am »
and the file kjfk-hgqdod

That's because you are checking the wrong file. My reply was based on the log you posted, which showed the error when you were at KLAX:

Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_2_5_LOGO_None'

and you were using this .INI:

Loading user customizations from C:\Users\FlyBoyAz\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\klax-cartayna-v5METAL.ini

So yes, I'm sure the KLAX profile does have some lines with jetway_logo = None and you can fix them as explained above. If you have a problem at KJFK too, then you should go there, and if you have the error, post again a log taken when you were at KJFK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2021, 10:41:47 am »
We posted a fix for this specific error now, get with the FSDT Live Update. With this fix, it will no longer required to manually fix existing profiles with "None" in the jetway logo name.

Flyboyaz

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2021, 12:18:46 pm »
and the file kjfk-hgqdod

That's because you are checking the wrong file. My reply was based on the log you posted, which showed the error when you were at KLAX:

Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_2_5_LOGO_None'

and you were using this .INI:

Loading user customizations from C:\Users\FlyBoyAz\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\klax-cartayna-v5METAL.ini

So yes, I'm sure the KLAX profile does have some lines with jetway_logo = None and you can fix them as explained above. If you have a problem at KJFK too, then you should go there, and if you have the error, post again a log taken when you were at KJFK

That is my ini file, he was using JFK I think. But thank you for info on how to fix it in the time being. I appreciate your help!

Aumkem

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2021, 03:26:03 pm »
Dear Umberto,
Thanks for the help on it.

In my case , i have added a custom texture so on Jetway_logo line i have = SIXT BIARRITZ
The error is there in that case .

Do you recommand i wait for an update from you or do the custom logo needs a specific ratio or other cause add it cause the issue also ?

Thanks

Best regards

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:31:08 pm by Aumkem »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2021, 03:51:39 pm »
In my case , i have added a custom texture so on Jetway_logo line i have = SIXT BIARRITZ

You can't have a custom logo in P3D V5, this won't change, because that would require DirectX 11. Now, the problem is existing profiles originally made for P3D V4 that CAN have custom textures. I'm afraid these would have to be changed manually to be used in V5.

You never noticed the problem before, because before any kind of texture was completely disabled in P3D V5 but now they are back, but can't be custom, they MUST be one of the ones provided with GSX. The issue is, to fix this automatically, GSX would ideally have to check for EACH jetway, if the associated object *really* exists before trying to create it. Now, considering that we have over 500 different LOGO variations ( combinations of models multiplied by liveries ), on an airport with 100 jetways, GSX would have to do 5000 checks, which would slowdown the process of generating jetways at startup.

In fact, we always had the same problem with FSX: if you tried to use a GSX profile made for P3D V4 using custom textures, it would result in the same error.

We'll probably add a new parameter in the [General] section of the .INI file itself, which will identify it as requiring RTT ( so it will only be used by P3D V4 ) or to be "P3DV5-only" ( so it will be used by P3D V5 only ), the 2nd case will be required to cover for another issue: almost all default airports in P3D V5 has been updated with different parking spots compared to V4, which had the same database as FSX. However, they have the same names so, right now, if you load a GSX profile for a default P3D V4 airport in P3D V5, parking spots won't match, and GSX will malfunction. Even worse, if you go back and forth between the two simulators and edit the profile in each one, it will create some kind of mix-up which will make things worse.

That's why, we have to start adding options to separate profiles between the various simulators, especially if you use more at the same time. We'll have to do it anyway for the MSFS version...

Aumkem

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2021, 04:35:19 pm »
Ok thank you very much Umberto.

We have provided a fix and everything is working well in P3DV5 with your default SIX logo now .

Thanks for the help on it

Best regards

bwbriscoe

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2021, 12:33:36 am »
You haven't solved the problem.

I've run the live update and I'm still not getting any jetways at KJFK and the unrecoverable error message. Please see attached log.

ChuckOman

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2021, 03:06:10 pm »
After the latest LiveUpdate, boarding/deboarding and pushback all work with my other aircraft, e.g. PMDG, but for some reason when I call catering in the Majestic Q400 in P3D5, GSX immediately  throws a Couatl error (see below).   whereas it didn't do this before the recent liveried vehicle update.   The problem is unique to P3D5 - the P3D4.5 catering call works fine.....  If there was a problem with P3D5 GSX catering, I'm wondering why it should be with the MJC, and not with e.g. the PMDG777.   I see from older posts that you are a real expert on the MJC!
Any suggestions of other things to try, or thoughts on what might be causing the problem?
Umberto - Guessing my earlier post (above) got lost in all the discussion about logos ...
Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Chuck O