Author Topic: FSDT releases Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020  (Read 23206 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT releases Switzerland Mesh for MSFS 2020
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2021, 06:24:16 pm »
That solution too much hassle for me.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. The only one having to do extra work are us, to manually create a new free order on our site, you are not supposed to do anything, other than asking for it.

Should never have been released on MSFS Marketplace if it doesn’t work.

It works just fine but, of course, not every system is the same. Every product being sold on the MS Marketplace is TESTED by MS testers so, if a product has been approved, it means IT WORKS, at least on the tester's systems, which we might assume are well maintained, with not much extra add-ons, etc.

But we know users have different systems, using many add-ons together, which is why we released two versions but, again, it's not possible to release two versions of the same product without charging twice on the MS Marketplace, we even ASKED Microsoft if there was a possible solution to let MS Marketplace users have access to BOTH versions, just like every other user buying directly from us or from Simmarket, but they said it's not possible.

I’ll first try to get a refund before trying your “solution”.

So, you are saying that asking by email for a free copy on the FSDT site, which will give you access to both versions of the scenery, is more of an "hassle" than:

- Asking MICROSOFT for a refund, hoping they'll grant it to you.

- Buy the product again on the FSDT website ?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 06:26:54 pm by virtuali »

Gdnross

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2021, 06:45:17 pm »
Like millions of MSFS users, I just plug and play. I assume that what I buy will work and don’t know how to use third party installers.
I only read the first page of posts showing widespread issues when I sent my original post asking what was being planned - I admit I never read your post.

Now that I have I sent you my receipt as you offer. Is that now withdrawn ?
I am not asking for anything free - just something that works - I have already bought it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 07:01:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2021, 06:58:22 pm »
Like millions of MSFS users, I just plug and play. I assume that what I buy will work and don’t know how to use third party installers.

Of course it works. But again, PC systems are so varied, that even if something that works perfectly here, works perfectly on MS testing team systems and works perfectly for the vast majority of users, we still cannot be sure it will work  perfectly FOR EVERYBODY.

WHICH IS WHY, knowing this, we made two version which, as I've explained so many times already, it's something not allowed on the MS Marketplace, only you were prepared two pay again for a new different product.

I only read the first page of posts showing widespread issues when I sent my original post asking what was being planned - I admit I never read your post.

My post we just above yours. And "widespread" is an exaggeration, of course. Even if this thread has 3 pages, only 6 different users posted on it, including you. So no, it's not "widespread".

Now that I have I sent you my receipt as you offer. Is that now withdrawn?

And where, exactly, you can read from anything I wrote the offer is "withdrawn" ?

If you cared to check your email, you would have seen that:

1) You have already been sent a new order confirmation with a first email. The email with the order confirmation has been sent 4 minutes BEFORE you posted this message accusing us to have "withdrawn" from the offer.

2) You have been already sent instructions how to install the mesh, with a second email. The email with instructions how to install it has been sent 3 minutes AFTER you wrote your post. I apologize for taking 7 minutes to write the 2nd email, next time I'll try to write faster...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 07:09:20 pm by virtuali »

Gdnross

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2021, 07:46:57 pm »
Your email came in 17 minutes after I replied to your post so obviously I hadn’t seen it.
Just forget it - I don’t care
I have blocked you in email and will sign out for good.
Goodbye.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 08:25:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2021, 08:25:16 pm »
Your email came in 17 minutes after I replied to your post so obviously I hadn’t seen it.

First, as I've said, you have received TWO email, one with the order, which came 4 minutes BEFORE you wrote your post, and another one 7 minutes later, with instructions how to install it because, you know, it takes a bit of time to write the install instructions YOU asked for in your first email asking for a 2nd copy of the product.

So you read it later and what difference does it make, exactly ?

When sending an email to any kind of business, it's customary to wait AT LEAST 24 *working* hours before complaining about anything related to it.

Instead, after you wrote your first email asking for a new copy of the product so you could use our installer ( this morning ), you went here accusing me to have "withdrawn" for that offer, only because you haven't got a reply in a few *hours* without even considering I'm working for you on a weekend.

Just forget it - I don’t careI have blocked you in email and will sign out for good.

You haven't blocked my email because, while you are posting here, you are continuing to reply to emails, even now, with unrelated comments, instead of doing what I asked, which is sending me a link to some shared space ( Google Drive, Dropbox, MS OneDrive, your choice... ), so I can send you the installers there, so you could get access to the FSDT version of the installers, which contains both the 10m and the 20m version, and I'm sure you'll find the 20m version working much better.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 08:27:32 pm by virtuali »

Ben79

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2021, 04:16:52 pm »
Hello
I come back to give you news,
for the version of the mesh purchased from Simmarket and
since the new update, the 10m version of the mesh works
great and of course the 20m version too. It’s smooth and very beautiful and I’m very happy.

For MSFS Store version even after updating to 20m
still not possible to fly with it.
It would be a shame if users of the store gave a bad rating.
It's not the mesh that's bad there is another problem.
Have a nice day and have a good flight
Ben
google translation i speak french

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2021, 04:29:43 pm »
for the version of the mesh purchased from Simmarket and since the new update, the 10m version of the mesh works great and of course the 20m version too. It’s smooth and very beautiful and I’m very happy.

What do you mean with "since the new update" ? The Sim Update 5 ?

For MSFS Store version even after updating to 20m still not possible to fly with it.

First, is not possible you could see any difference between the 10m version of the Mesh from FSDT or Simmarket and the 10m version of the Mesh from the MS Store. They should run exactly the same. If you see any difference, be sure you don't have both copies of the mesh installed, one on the Community folder and another one in the Official folder.

Also, I checked the MS Marketplace version, and it's still the 10m version, even if we asked them to replace it with the 20m version, but it hasn't been done yet.

Glenn Fitzpatrick

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2021, 08:09:16 pm »

Also, I checked the MS Marketplace version, and it's still the 10m version, even if we asked them to replace it with the 20m version, but it hasn't been done yet.

Hi.

I just purchased the marketplace version for PC (basically because it was advertised as 30% off)

I am confused.  I was under the impression the marketplace version would be the 10 m mesh, which is the version I want.

Is the marketplace version going to be downgraded to 20m ? If so how can I get a copy of the 10m version.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:13:01 pm by Glenn Fitzpatrick »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2021, 09:18:05 am »
I just purchased the marketplace version for PC (basically because it was advertised as 30% off)

I am confused.  I was under the impression the marketplace version would be the 10 m mesh, which is the version I want.

Is the marketplace version going to be downgraded to 20m ? If so how can I get a copy of the 10m version.

The marketplace version is the 20m version, because several users asked for better performance and the difference visually is not noticeable, since the original source is 1m data.

The way the MS Marketplace works, doesn't make possible to offer the same product in two versions without buying it twice, something we can do on our site instead, since our customers will be sent two installers, which is not possible on the Marketplace, we had to choose, so the 10m version is going to be replaced soon, but we don't know exactly why.

If you want to have both, as clearly explained in this thread, you can contact support with a proof of purchase, so we can create an order on our site, which will give you access to both installers.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:11:48 am by virtuali »

Ben79

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2021, 04:46:33 pm »
Yes after SU5

Of course I never install 2 identical mesh at the same time

StefanG

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2021, 07:59:06 pm »
Hello, I was wondering about the marketplace version because the used space on my drive is about 593 MB size. But If I think right, the size of the download was about 2GB. And yes, it doesn't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2021, 03:34:49 pm »
Hello, I was wondering about the marketplace version because the used space on my drive is about 593 MB size. But If I think right, the size of the download was about 2GB. And yes, it doesn't work.

We initially released the 10 m version ( which is 2GB ), but since some users reported stuttering with it, we decided to replace it with the 20 m on the Marketplace, which is 600MB.

Now, the way the MS Marketplace installation works, is if you install a scenery from scratch, it will first download the original version, then a patch, and it will combine the two in the final version. Usually you don't notice this, because upgrades are either larger or the same size of the original file, but in this case is evident because you are downloading 2.6 GB to keep only 600MB. We are not sure if THIS process might be the cause of why the MS Marketplace doesn't work, we still haven't heard from Microsoft yet, and it might even be possible they'll fix it on their side with nothing left to do.

However, as confirmed multiple times, while Microsoft sorts out this problem, you can contact support with a proof of purchase ( even a screenshot from MSFS saying you own the Swiss Mesh will do ), we'll send you a free copy of our version, which surely works and, will let you choose which version to install, 10 or 20 m.

Nalonsirhc

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2021, 03:40:18 pm »
Hi Umberto, would this procedure (you sending a free copy of the 20m Version) also work for Xbox Users?? I have purchased the Mesh last week and - as it is the 10m Version, which apparently the Xbox Hardware can't handle - the game freezes for up to 30 seconds in places...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2021, 04:44:12 pm »
Hi Umberto, would this procedure (you sending a free copy of the 20m Version) also work for Xbox Users??

Unfortunately not, there's no way to install anything on the Xbox without passing through the Marketplace.

I have purchased the Mesh last week and - as it is the 10m Version, which apparently the Xbox Hardware can't handle - the game freezes for up to 30 seconds in places...

Are you sure it's the 10 m version ?

There has been an update, and it has been replaced with the 20 m version on the Marketplace. Check the version, which should be 1.1.0.0 and the description, which should read "resampled to 20m for the best performances". The way the Marketplace works, the title must stay the same to be considered an upgrade for an existing product so, be sure you have the latest 1.1.0 version.

Tinu101

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2021, 07:07:52 pm »
Hello
I use the Steam-Version of MSFS. So i purchased the Switzerland Mesh on the Marketplace

The problem was after installing the Switzerland Mesh Scenery Pack.
The MSFS hangs (frozzen) after selecting "FLY".
After loading the next screen (before Ready to fly) the application hangs after loading approximately 60%.
When i delete the Switzerland Mesh Scenery Pack in the content manager everything works fine
After reinstalling the application hangs again.
Any ideas?
If i use the steam version of MSFS: Can i purchase the 10m and 20m here an install this version?
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Martin
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:18:20 am by Tinu101 »